SDA: Cult of Fear-Mongers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Protestant Well-Known Member

Typical of SDA apologetics. The question asked should be, 'Have you read the Bible yet?' His answer is, 'Yes, I have. That is the reason I am NOT SDA."

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is something that an Elder uop in the SDa when he died thought about IJ!
    https://www.sabbathinchrist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/cottrell-1844.pdf

3. Protestant Well-Known Member

EGW quote which began this discussion: "Christ died to make it possible for you to cease to sin” (Review and Herald, August 28, 1894).

Unfortunately, our committed Adventist apologist cannot explain how it was impossible for Sister White, who was a proven unrepentant liar.

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even worse, kept changing her doctrines, as if God could not make up His mind!

5. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you have a specific example in citation for us from history on this that is corroborative? Remember, I am willing to openly test such claims.

Are you thinking of things like going from Methodist to Millerite to Adventist?

6. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    '[A]pologist' (smiles kindly), if only you knew what you were dealing with, you'd laugh, :) Anyways, I'll take it as a compliment, and move on, though the title is far above me.

Paul was the one who wrote quite a bit of those NT statements, yes?

Well, do you also fault Paul?

Php_3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.​

What was Paul aiming for? Perfection (as it is in Christ Jesus). He says so right in the verse itself.

So, yes it is entirely possible, as Christ Jesus set the example for us, that we should follow after in His strength, that He provided at Calvary:

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Php_4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    If you are focusing on church members, that is the wrong goal, as the Goal is Christ Jesus, not sister White, Paul, myself or any other of mankind. Yet, even so, there is a group that shall indeed be victorious over all things, as it is written:

Rev_3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.​

It is promised:

Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
    Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
    We preach a victorious Christ, a victorious Gospel, a victorious people (in Him, by Him), and not merely in theory, but in truth, as it is written:

Rom_5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
    They which are prophesied will have ceased from sin (by Him), for in Him is no sin. So as the Head does not sin, the body too follows the will of the Head.

We press onward toward that goal by grace through faith, for God is able to keep us from falling and to present us faultless.

I believe this, though I do not yet see it by sight, but know it by faith, for God has promised and God cannot lie. His word is Truth. His strength Almighty. Christ Jesus is both.

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will you be able to be perfect and fully confirmed to the Law as EW stated had to be in order to avoid losing salvation and getting wiped out?

8. Protestant Well-Known Member

As is typical, you completely dismiss the truth concerning your cult leader. She is a proven unrepentant liar.

Unrepentant perish.

"except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Jesus, Luke 13:5).

Liars are exempted from the Holy City.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life (Rev. 21:27).

Sister White is a false prophet. False prophets are blind to truth. Those who follow false prophets will perish likewise.

if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch (Jesus, Matthew 15:14).

Paul never claimed to be perfect. Read Romans 7. Neither did he lie.

You and your Adventist cult members best get your priorities straight.

Who will it be......SDA or Jesus Christ?

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sda just needs to drop Ellen White, and get rid of the Sabbath and get real Jesus and real Gospel!

10. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one is saved by law, or any law-keeping. Ellen G White never taught such a thing either, as demonstrated on several occasions now. We are saved by (God's) grace through faith ...

God says, "My grace is sufficient for thee..."

As for matters of loss, please see the previous examples given of King Saul (OT) and Ananias and Sapphira (NT) to begin with.

11. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some who call themselves "SDA" have indeed "drop[ped]" "Ellen White", and it has never bettered them, but always injured them.

Mankind can no more "get rid of the Sabbath" than they could rid themselves of the Sun, or the Law of God for that matter. Men may seek to hide themselves from such, but they are still there, blazing with the glory of God.

Jesus is the Gospel, and the Seventh-day Adventists have both in verity, in their depth. Therefore, to attempt to trade the gold for the dross, would require me (and all true Seventh-day Adventists) to lose our minds together, which God Himself is preserving (Psalms 12:6-7).

You may keep the dross you call 'gold', but know that it is of no value in the sight of heaven.

12. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Evidence (documented) please, book and page please. Citing 'you' is no evidence, as you did not yet even exist at the time she lived.

They surely do, and thus you witness against yourself, and your words will condemn you in the day to come.

Mat_7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.​

Agreed. Therefore, take heed to yourself. Look for the beam in thine own eye before looking for the splinter in others.

Agreed, and the Bible defines who the "liars" are:

1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.​

Evidence (documented) please, book and page please. Citing 'you' is no evidence, as you did not yet even exist at the time she lived.

Indeed, false prophets are, willingly so, as Balaam when he refused to acknowledge the three 'angels' sent unto him.

Agreed, as they had with Jim Jones, even as they will with Visarion, and so many others.

Yes, and the Bible defines the spiritual ditch as Roman Catholicism of Revelation 17:

Pro_23:27 For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit.

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
    Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.​

Thus all her doctrines, such as 'sunday sacredness', 'immortal soul/spirit theology', 'eternal torment', 'michael as creature', 'Jesus' flesh nature was unfallen', 'alcohol', and so many other things (amazing how many things are now professed as 'Baptist' these days, when all the while they are most assuredly 'Roman Catholic' (an they know it)).

Romans 7 is Paul before conversion, as he says:

"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. ..." (vs. 24-25)
    This is the condition of a Laodicean (see Revelation 3:17).

Are you suggesting that Ellen G White lied? If so, document with evidence please, book, page number. Thank you.

Oh, they are most straight:

Feel free to view the playlist.

Jesus Christ, which is why I am Seventh-day Adventist, as the two are not exclusive, but harmonious.

13. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This Thread is closed
    Points have been made
    Please do NOT re-start a similar thread