1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sharpton & Drugs

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Justified, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Justified

Justified New Member

How can someone like this even make the news in this manner. He portrays himself as the Saviour of the Black community. :eek:

What in the world was he doing in the presence of a supposed (undercover) drug dealer in the first place? :confused:

And now threating a 1 billion dollar law suit against HBO? :mad:

I put him, Louis Farakhan and Jesse Jackson in the same boat, back to Africa! I mean, they don't have anything good to say about the USA anyway! :rolleyes:

They are undermining everything that Martin Luther King has accomplished!

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,58507,00.html

3. Morat

Morat New Member

If you're going to deport people who bought illegal drugs, you probably should start at the top.

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

What if they wanted to put you on a boat back to Lower Slobbovia or wherever your ancestors came from? Bad idea, that.

5. Justified

Justified New Member

If you were going to put me on a boat, it would have to be headed to Italy! :D

The point is that they are always saying how bad the USA is for them and their people. So, if they are so unhappy and don't agree with the US, then ship them back to Africa, after all they need help over there too! [​IMG]

This goes for any nationality, that wants to claim their ethnic backround over their citizenship and loyalty to the USA. :cool:

6. doug44

doug44 New Member

i would love to be shipped back to Ireland :D i love the USA and plan on staying here....but maybe id have better luck finding a job back at the old homestead of my ancestors....

7. Candide

Candide New Member

What makes America strong is when people do strongly disagree with their government. "Love it or leave it" is everything this nation WASN'T founded on.

And about Sharpton, I've viewed him as swine for quite some time. But I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. As he said, the tape is clearly incomplete. The full video should be released.

[ July 24, 2002, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Candide ]

8. Justified

Justified New Member

Candide,

One of the questions I have is, What was he doing there in the first place? :confused:

[ July 24, 2002, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Justified ]

9. Candide

Candide New Member

We don't even know the context of the meeting, or what transpired before that portion of the tape. For all we know, the guy was posing as a pen salesman. That's unlikely I know, but it could be anything. It's best not to rush to judgement.

10. Justified

Justified New Member

Jesse Jackson is for us, or against us?

Speaking to the Washington Times, Jackson insulted every law enforcement officer in this country when he said, quote, "there is a pattern of African-Americans being beaten by the militia and killed by the militia," closed quote. Jackson is now referring to the police in America as right-wing fascist militia.

He goes on, quote: "Unarmed citizens being beaten and killed by the militia is an act of terrorism," closed quote.

If these statments are true, and I follow the news, why have I only heard of isolated cases, and then most of the time, it is after the police were provoked in some manner. But the key word is here "isolated".

His boat is waitng! :D

11. Candide

Candide New Member

Luckily for all of us, he's allowed his free speech. If he were forcibly deported, then his outlandish claims magically become accurate.

12. Justified

Justified New Member

Can,

Free speech is one thing, but to insite riots, and speak out right lies, to start o revolt against this nation is another! :eek:

How is Jesse Osama Jackson any different from the Al Queda? Not much! :mad:

Like I said, His boat is ready! :D

As for Al Capone Sharpton, the news media isn't going to start something like this, unless there was some validaty behind it. Besides, doesn't he want to make a bid for the run of the President. And he needs funds to do this. This is his 2nd mention of a major lawsuit in as many weeks! ;)

His boat is ready, too! :D

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

You sound like you've go serious issues with America, yourself. Maybe you aren't equipped to live in a multiracial society.

I think, given the alternatives, you're going to have to learn to live with it.

14. Justified

Justified New Member

Gala,

Oh! Quite the contraire, I have some very good black friends and some of which are Muslim, and they look Jesse Benedict Jackson worse then I do! And like me they are very Patriotic! :cool:

I don't like the way the government is treating Christians, but I'm not trying to start a revolt or insight a riot. We pray about it, and write out congressmen. Even maybe a legal protest, much the same way Martin Luther King did it. [​IMG]

And I will live with it, but at the same time, people need to hear the alternative view to these Social Terrorists. :D

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Can we can the infantile "Ship em back to...." garbage please? And when will Cosmos allege that it was President Bush who sold the drugs to Sharpton? After all, isn't he guilty of everything else? :D It's like listening to the Republicans who blamed Clinton for everything from the sinking of the Titanic on down.

16. Justified

Justified New Member

Tom,

I thought the boat was very tactful! :D Isn't that how Al, Jesse, and Louis got here? :confused:

And Clinton didn't sink the Titanic? :eek:

17. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did it you know...

He knew those icebergs were in the water and he told the captain to floor it!

I can prove it too. Do you realize that every member of the crew of the Titanic is now dead? It's a big cover up!!!! :eek: [​IMG]

18. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Classic excuse offered:
    Oh! Quite the contraire, I have some very good black friends

Well, aren't you the liberal one?

and some of which are Muslim, and they look Jesse Benedict Jackson worse then I do!

Seeing as he's a Christian minister, that's not hard to understand.

And like me they are very Patriotic!

I have this reaction to people who assure me how honest/patriotic they are. It's not a favorable one.

I don't like the way the government is treating Christians, but I'm not trying to start a revolt or insight a riot.

Oh, I know, printing "there is no God" on our money, asking kids to say "one nation with no God", forcing churches to pay taxes, it's just awful how they treat us.

We pray about it, and write out congressmen. Even maybe a legal protest, much the same way Martin Luther King did it.

Nonviolence is a good idea. Go for it.

And I will live with it, but at the same time, people need to hear the alternative view to these Social Terrorists.

You are aware that speaking their mind is not "terrorism", don't you? Or has Jessie started shooting abortion clinic doctors, or planting bombs?

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me. You know, blacks are pretty much like everyone else. And they aren't out to hurt you.

19. doug44

doug44 New Member

thanks for the laugh Tom..... :D :D :D

20. Justified

Justified New Member

Here's the whole thing:

Speaking to the Washington Times, Jackson insulted every law enforcement officer in this country when he said, quote, "there is a pattern of African-Americans being beaten by the militia and killed by the militia," closed quote. Jackson is now referring to the police in America as right-wing fascist militia.

He goes on, quote: "Unarmed citizens being beaten and killed by the militia is an act of terrorism," closed quote.

And that's true. If innocent civilians are being systematically beaten in any country, that is terror. But it is not happening here in the USA and Jackson knows it. According to Justice Department statistics, 44 million people had contact with the police in 1999, the latest stats available. Less than one percent of the 44 million contacts resulted in the police using force. Among African-Americans, two percent of those that had contact with police were involved in a force-related situation.

Those are incredibly small numbers in a nation this large and diverse. Jesse Jackson knows that. He knows police brutality is rare and it cuts across all racial lines. Jackson doesn't care. He is bent on causing as much damage to America as he possibly can. He is subversive and intellectually dishonest. Jesse Jackson makes millions from the misery industry. The more people he can convince to follow him, the more money he makes. Think about it.

Jackson is dependent on racial incidents for his power base. He needs discord in order to prosper. The latest Census says that the earning power of African-Americans in stable relationships is nearly that of whites in the same circumstance. Have you ever heard Jesse Jackson talk about that? Have you ever heard him talk about the collapsing school system, in which 60 percent of black fourth-graders can't read primarily because Jackson and the teachers' unions opposes strict academic standards.

I sincerely believe that most Americans of every race understand what's going on here. Jackson doesn't care about everyday Americans. He doesn't care about police brutality. When The Factor broadcast a tape of the cops whaling on a white guy in Georgia last week, Jackson didn't say a word.

Jesse Jackson cares about keeping blacks and whites divided. He wants to polarize in order to keep his power. Demonizing American law enforcement, insulting the officers killed, protecting all Americans, denigrating millions of his fellow citizens who do serve and protect. You want a definition of terrorism? That may be it, Mr. Jackson. That's "The Memo."