She's a false prophet.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wesley Briggman, Mar 11, 2018.

1. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'll ask again a question I asked before. Does that end -- saving the Earth -- justify the means? Because the means being proposed by the Earth Charter folks are green communist means. If you only say the things they say but don't criticize the green communist aspect, you are de facto supporting it.

2. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Green Communist means? What are you talking about. The means are passing laws that restrict factories and vehicles from emitting harmful gases that pollute God's creation.

3. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again, as I stated further up in this thread, I am speaking of "contraction and convergence" and the related "internet of things". Again, as I also stated further up in this thread, it resembles an old, new-again idea, the historical Theosophist and Nazi idea of "social credit".

I have researched these things, and anybody may do so on the internet. I could provide links, but it doesn't do any good if one does not click on them or read them.

In fairness, if I wish you to read things I have researched, I am also willing to read things you have researched. If you are only going to keep on restating your general ideas and conclusions, I may do the same as well, but that could get pointless and repetitious.

4. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I should clarify that I am not opposed to regulation of corporations in the interest of the common good per se.

But global regulation is a trap.

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Overwhelming to those who deny God and are hard core evolutionists also....

6. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know a fair amount about the internet of things. I worked for AT&T Mobility as an IP network engineer. Your philosophy sounds like the pop philosophy of the 60's. personally, I( believe we're living out the novel "1984."

7. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By overwhelming evidence I mean it's acce3pted scientific thought at least for now. Science is always evolving but that's the current view of the experts.

8. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not pop philosophy. An effort currently underway to microchip everybody and everything. This would enable keeping track of carbon and energy credits and debits. This is why it goes along with the "contraction and convergence" plan.

9. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I worked in an IT department for 10 years. My husband works in IT management. Not that either of our experiences prepares us to understand what an "internet of things" would be all about.

He who knows how will always work for he who knows why.

Not that my husband or myself -- or you -- necessarily worked for "he who knows why" an internet of things is being planned and implemented.

But my point is that the vision is the important part here.

10. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe we are learning to love a vision of green communism enabled by technocracy.

The last two paragraphs of 1984 were about learning to love Big Brother:

The voice from the telescreen was still pouring forth its tale of prisoners and booty and slaughter, but the shouting outside had died down a little. The waiters were turning back to their work. One of them approached with the gin bottle. Winston, sitting in a blissful dream, paid no attention as his glass was filled up. He was not running or cheering any longer. He was back in the Ministry of Love, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the public dock, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The long hoped-for bullet was entering his brain.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

11. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe in thew Deep State but Trump is working for it not against it. Its objective is to increase the wealth of the ultra-rich (top 0.1%). They try to maintain continuous wars because they make money off war. Who do you think is trying to microchip everyone? The Koch brothers perhaps?

12. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you persist in focusing on environmental causes only? 1984 was about an elite person (Big Brother) and his inside group who controlled society by maintaining constant surveillance on the people. This began in earnest in the U.S. right after 9/11 when the "Patriot Act" was passed. This allowed the CIA and FBI to break into homes without a search warrant. It has continued with monitoring o9f telephone calls and internet activity. We are losing many of our constitutional freedoms. Elections are rigged either by foreign countries or our own government. We are told lies like the one McConnell told the people of KY about repealing Obamacare but they could keep the KY version of Obamacare. The tax law benefits the middle class. Guns promote safety. Semi-automatic rifles are needed for hunting. The stock market is fair. (In reality it is manipulated by the big banks.) etc.

13. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My son does science experiments and Snap Circuit projects. He has a bunch of Snap Circuit kits. I love them all, with the exception of the Snap Circuits Green Alternative Energy kit. That one was a huge disappointment. The windmill did not generate any electricity, even when I was blasting our strongest fan on it. The fluid battery did not work either. Not with orange juice, not with coca cola. That is strange, because we made a tomato battery, a lemon battery and even a potato battery in the past. The solar battery worked. It was the only exception. Oh, except for the hand crank. That worked, too.

I wasted so many hours trying to get some of the alternative energy projects to work. Eventually I gave up on most of them. I thought it was kind of odd, because I can usually figure out every kind of project, and I've even made Lego Machines from nothing but snapshots of finished Lego Machines in books.

I'm not even really opposed to alternative or green energy in principle. I wouldn't mind being off the grid if I lived in a sunny or windy climate.

14. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You and I agree about all of the above. But this thread isn't about all those subjects. If you have started another thread about any of those subjects, point it out to me, and I will comment on it :)

15. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm still watching Trump. So far I see him often surrounding himself with globalist and deep state characters, yet his agendas have often been pro-nationalist and anti-globalist.

In a previous era I was quite intensely anti-George W. Bush. I find myself rediscovering patriotism in the age of Trump. It is because I am not in favor of American Imperial Rome, but I am in favor of America.

Those topics are tangential to this thread, though.

16. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Economic injustice may bear analysis. But when people talk about the 1% or the 0.1% and the 99%, it hearkens back to the rhetoric of the Occupy movements. You may have noticed these movements had anti-Christian elements.

Aside from the anti-Christianity, another problem is that real people with real problems are liable to get played by jumping too quickly on any Occupy movement bandwagon. It is liable to become one more example of crisis = opportunity.

The opportunity is a solution that has been waiting all along. And people will have learned to love it. They may even beg for it.

Kind of like the Patriot Act you mentioned up-thread. It was a solution waiting for a problem. 9/11 was the crisis and the opportunity.

17. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Everything and everyone. This is the "everything" part. The "everyone" part is not quite as proud and open.

Visit Innovative Internet of Things Companies in Silicon Valley

"The Internet of Things (IoT) industry is widely expected to become a multi-trillion dollar industry within the next decade, so it’s no surprise that many of the world’s top aspiring entrepreneurs are looking to make their mark in the world of IoT, and that corporates are keeping an eye out for promising partners that can help them take ad advantage of IoT innovations.

Tour the most innovative IoT companies in Silicon Valley and learn how this digital trend can help you transform your business."

18. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is only a partial list to answer the question of who is trying to microchip everybody. I have not yet found any evidence of Koch brothers involvement in any of this.

American Medical Association: https://www.ama-assn.org/sites/default/files/media-browser/public/about-ama/councils/Council Reports/council-on-ethics-and-judicial-affairs/a07-ceja-rfid-labeling-humans.pdf

Verichip: FDA approves computer chip for humans (edited to correct the link)

The FDA approved Verichip's RFID chips for use in humans.

Verichip pitched its implantable RFID chips to the U.S. military: VeriChip Wants To Test Human-Implantable RFID On Military - InformationWeek

19. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The internet of things which for those who aren't familiar with the term refers to connecting orders of magnitude more devices of many different types to the internet. This most certainly could be used for tracking everyone in the world. It also could be used to follow all the freight cars carrying lumber, for instance, or easily monitoring the migration of deer, finding lost dogs, restocking the shelves at a grocery store exactly when needed, etc. As with all scientific advances it needs to be regulated and controlled to be certain it isn't used for evil purposes.

But we have a president right now who is intent on removing as much regulation as possible. This is dangerous for not preventing current technology challenges like is this aircraft safe to fly but also for monitoring future technologies like the internet of things.

20. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't agree that the Occupy movement was anti-Christian. It was anti-inequality. Essentially, the state of inequality in America and the world is as high as it was in Dickens' England in the latter part of the 19th century. (Scrooges question whether they still had debtors prisons is a good example). This was the period of the Robber Barons in America. Inequality was also high in the Roaring 20's.

Middle class up to low upper class income has remained stagnant in real terms for the last 30 years while the wealth of the top 0.1% has tripled. A democracy cannot survive in an environment that is characterized by this much disparity of wealth. A leading economist recently wrote a book called "Capital in the 21st Century." His theory is there are two major things which influence the state of equality in a nation. The first is the inheritance tax rate. If low this tends to increase inequality because it perpetuates wealthy families like the Rockefellers, the Rothschilds or the Trumps. The whole purpose of the reduction in the inheritance tax in the last Tax bill was to support inequality. The counterbalancing force is average wages for the middle class. The downfall of unions and the cry against increasing the minimum wage have worked against this. So, we've had growing inequality in America.

I agree with you about the Patriot Act. It's obvious to me it was written before 9/11.