1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should I ask forgiveness or CONFRONT this person???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then close it!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhhh, now it begins

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Sure, and winman crossed it as well.

Broad brushing is wrong, yet you just did it yourself. You tolerate winmans slander of a false Gospel accusation, yet you say it is wrong for evangelist6589 to do the same. It's wrong for both, and your bias is inane. We get it. It's who it is from and whom it is toward that makes it wrong or right. If toward your camp it is wrong, if toward reformed, it is OK and commended, there is nothing wrong with it and it is defended tolerable behavior on BB.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They may if they desire since I have made the decision not to contact the person. I tried doing things in love twice but they failed. This message was my first attempt.

Dear xxxx,

I have been under conviction as of late due to hearing some sermons and reading 2 books by Erwin Lutzer. I have thought about others I have wronged/sinned against and you are the number #1 person on the list of people I have wronged.

Please forgive me. I am thankful that He has revealed to me how I have not lived that out. I am praying for you and I wish you continued growth in Christ Jesus.

Your brother, John.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize for I made a mistake in misrepresenting the IFB movement for there are many saved believers that I speak with regularly in those churches. We disagree on Calvinism and evangelism methods, but we agree on the essentials of the faith.

6. preacher4truth

That's appreciated and good and at the least you are capable of apologizing. The defense of the other is what concerns others and myself. I do however reject easy believism no matter who preaches it.

You may agree with that but it is obvious others don't look back you or others with the same grace.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First two wrongs don't make a right.
    Second, I tolerate what Winman said as perfectly legitimate.
    If I post certain of my soteriological views you would be no less crass in your judgmental views and then cry foul if you were given an infraction for it. If you want me to go through posts and edit, delete, and give infractions, it could possibly be done, but I really don't have the time for it. I don't think you would want me to do it anyway, since you are one of the greater offenders in this area.
    Winman is a bit outspoken.
    He certainly isn't the only one, is he?

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "A bit outspoken " ?????!!!!!!! :laugh: can you say, "understatement " :laugh:

9. preacher4truth

Ya think? And neither do three wrongs make a right. :)

But this simply proves winman wrong.

Of course you do. We all know this. It's the same behavior you repudiated in evangelist6589, but since winman does it toward the reformed, it's all of a sudden allowable.

That said I then tolerate what evangelist said in the same manner. Perfectly legitimate and accurate.

Hypothesis. No less crass than whom, you, winman or evangelist 6589? I don't pay attention to your theological errors, it's not of great or even trivial importance to me. I don't have time to correct you and couldn't care less to be honest. I'm just simply calling you on your bias here.

That has nothing to do with your bias in this thread or this issue.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK! :laugh:

Evangelist 6589 is a bit outspoken as well. What winman said was slanderous broad-brushing, a thing you said was wrong until it came from your camp toward 'another' then it was OK and you defended it. :)

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Obviously all broad-brushing and broad or wide generalizations are wrong.
    Now, that you have all had your say, can we all go back to the OP, and not derail this thread.
    Any posts that attempt to derail the thread will be deleted.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is why by my life and actions I am showing them that Reformed have more grace, more interest in doctrine, and are not a divisive as them.

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understood that from your OP. But your responsibility is to reach out in love over and over and over and over, etc. His response is not your responsibility.

Remember Peter's conversation with Christ about forgiveness?

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes, that's very humble. :rolleyes:

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am thankful I am like this, because it helps me do open air preaching, confront others on the streets about their need to get right with God, it helps me confront churches, send emails to people, and even confront leadership in ministries whom are clearly wrong as I did yesterday. But as usual they ignored me because they were silenced. But I warned them that they are DOING NOTHING TO THE ADVANCE OF THE GOSPEL, and in effect are sending people to Hell by being nice to them!!!!!!!!!! They do not preach the gospel nor confront sin. They ticked me off and at best their tactic was to ignore what I said and the scriptures I used. I tried to send my message in grace, but it made no effect on their blindness. But I tell you that if you do not preach the gospel nor preach on sin in any Nursing Home ministry you are DISOBEYING GOD.

#54 evangelist6589, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Where are we taught to reach out over and over and over..ect? If we have asked forgiveness, we have obeyed God. Anything more is badgering.

16. preacher4truth

It's good you have a heart to reconcile. Pray it over. Some people are unappeasable, but don't force it, dwell on it, or stalk him over it.

That's above yours and everyone else's pay grade as far as if you are accusing this. What makes you think he's a false convert? Is it due to him not reconciling with you?

I too am against the easy-believism nonsense, and a preacher popishly declaring one who said a sinners prayer is now on his way to Heaven.

This happens often in churches. Christ will sort it all out, do your part and learn to let things go.

That's a good move for him, now he is growing in the faith.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you suggest I contact this person a third time?

18. preacher4truth

Exactly. They don't need obsessively stalked over it at every turn.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes James MacDonald may have been wrong. I tried to reconcile twice with this person and no response in return. MacDonald said to continue to make attempts but that may be wrong. This person may be embarrassed or is still indifferent and dislikes me. My first attempt to reconcile in 2010 me and a pastor had a chat, but this person did not want me showing up at their church or anything. The level of bitterness and dislike towards me was very inappropriate.

20. preacher4truth

Well, we have Scripture to go by. We know what to do if they don't reconcile as a last resort. I'd be very cautious to write them off, and very cautious about stalking over it and be thought of as such. Just keep it in your prayers, let God do it and don't force His hand. You've done your part.