Sin and Salvation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Lacy Evans, Feb 20, 2007.

1. PASTOR MHG New Member

What about a lying tongue?

2. Brother Bob New Member

Yes I do, I suspect we might disagree when it gets really bad, but at least we are very close to each other now.

3. Brother Bob New Member

Yes, all liars too. I don't have to guess about that one.

Rev 21:8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

4. Joined:
    May 18, 2006
    Lacy, let's say you were a murderer. That is the only sin in your life. No, lies, thieving, coveting, or any other sin.

Ok, God convicts you of your sin of murder and forgives you because you are repentant and ask forgiveness.

According to His Word, He will take that sin and cast it into the depths of the sea, never to be remembered against you any more. It is as far removed from you as the east is from the west.

Now, how can you say you would murder again if that has been removed?

Now, the devil knows that God has convicted you and that this sin of murder has been removed from you.

The devil cannot tempt you with that which God has removed. Is the devil stronger than God that he can place back in your life that which omnipotent God has removed? No!

So, the devil tempts you with other sins that God did not need to remove for they were not what you were convicted of nor did you have to repent of them.

At times, you will give in and sin, but not the sins that God so graciously removed. If you say they are not removed, then something is terribly wrong.

5. PASTOR MHG New Member

I am really having a hard time believing what you write. Since you have been saved youhave never told a lie, never had a lack of faith (unbelieving), never been lifted up in pride even for a moment (abominable), never placed anything before Jesus Christ (idolatry), never coveted (idolatry).

Is this the truth Brother.

If so, then praise the Lord for your walk...you truly relized complete victory over the flesh. Praise the Lord if this is so!

Max

6. Lacy Evans New Member

If you don't believe the Devil will tempt a Christian with this or any other sin, then you underestimate the power of the enemy.

Lacy

7. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

But yet on the previous thread Bob admitted that he was a sinner had and does sin. (although I can't remember if he was specific about the sins he committed).

8. Lacy Evans New Member

OK. So if I am tempted to lie or lust, it either means that I was never tempted with that sin before or else I am not saved?

Lacy

9. Brother Bob New Member

By the Grace of God, I am what I am and for my temptation He makes a way for me. What do I have to be proud for, why would I lie when I know they are going to the lake, why would I lose faith when I know I am saved, why would I ever put any thing before Christ.
    I am far from perfect, I get angry, I fail to visit the sick, I speak harshly sometimes to my wife and children etc, but I have an advocate with God for all those things. Why would I foolishly commit a sin, I knew would send me to the Lake?
    There are those long before even Christ came that kept all of His Law, His ordainances and His Statues and were found perfect before God. So, it is possible to live a Christian life. It bothers me to see people drag Christians down to the level of Common criminals and rapists. Jesus made us a promise, He would deliver us without spot and blemish and I believe Him and live my life for Him.

I say to raise up your heads and lift up your eyes for our redemption draweth nigh.

10. Brother Bob New Member

I do believe we will be tempted and I never said different but for our temptation, He makes a way for our escape.

11. Lacy Evans New Member

One other thought. Has not God removed all of my sin as far as the east is from the west and cast them into the sea? Or do I have forgiveness only from the ones I committed before salvation. If so what a dreadful verse this is . .

KJV Hebrews 10:26-31
    26. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    28. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    29. Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    30. For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    31. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

12. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So you don't beleve the Scriptures when they say:

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

And thus, you not only call Christ a liar, but his word is not in you, but you also deceive yourself.

13. Joined:
    May 18, 2006
    Lacy,

If lying and lusting were in your life and you were convicted of them and repented and asked God for forgiveness, He has removed them. How in the world can you continue to lie if it has been removed as He said it was? How can you continue to lust if He said He removed it?

14. Joined:
    May 18, 2006
    You have forgiveness for the ones you confess. (see 1 John 1:9)

15. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I feel sorry for you.
    I have forgiveness for all my sins; even the ones that I have not confessed.

16. Lacy Evans New Member

So do I have to quit sinning before I can be saved?

What if I still smoked a couple of joints or drank a couple of beers because I hadn't been discipled up or matured enough to know that was wrong? What if in a moment of weakness, I lied to my parole officer, then I repented? Did I lose my salvation, then get it back, or was I not saved unyil I had enough fruit to prove it?

Lacy

17. Lacy Evans New Member

What if I meant to confess but I forgot?

What if I did the sin so long ago that I don't remember, can I not be saved until I remember?

Is my salvation on hold until I confess?

18. Brother Bob New Member

Why do you keep saying that DHK;, are you not capable of understanding when I say that I still do what Jesus said "there is a sin not unto death". I am guilty.
    Inwardly, that which is born again of the blood of Christ and has the mind of Christ and has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. That part is what is born of God and cannot sin, any sin.

I have told you this over and over and over and over. You still think you have me trapped up. You don't, there is an outward man which is the flesh with the carnal mind. There is the inward man which has the mind of Christ, indwelling of the Holy Spirit and born again of the blood of Christ.

19. Brother Bob New Member

God knows all your sins and all your faults. When you repent you repent of all your sins and though they be as scarlet they shall be made white as snow.

20. PASTOR MHG New Member

Brother Bob on this we agree! But that outward man can still commit all manner of sin against God.

Max