1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Six Thousand Years with Ken Ham"

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by church mouse guy, Aug 13, 2018.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good video & info. Parts I don't buy, but others have me wondering. Need to listen again w/bible in hand. Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A year ago when I had about four hours in the Creation Museum, I heard a free lunchtime lecture with Dr. Mortenson on the deists and atheists who started deep time during the Enlightenment (although it was part of Greek thinking and before them part of Hinduism).

At the end of his lecture, he said something like that some of us looked tired and that we should get some rest.

The history of geology is so complicated and outlandish that my little year of mining school geology is of little help. I decided to rest in YEC because I believe that God destroyed all life except Noah and seven others and two of each kind of the animals 4300 years ago. And so there I am resting. The Greens who own Hobby Lobby and who built the museum of the Bible in DC have given much to Answers in Genesis in Kentucky. Forty thousand families donated to begin the Ark construction, which cost over one hundred million. The Ark is as big as an ocean liner. Attendance has been about a million each year, maybe more.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What appears to be the flood geology of a global flood with a common fossil recorded on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, is being dated to have separated over a span of time of about 300 million years.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dating methods are not scientific because there is no proof of radioactive rates in the past among other problems for deep time.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Identify the specific dating method in question. Do you understand the dating method for the alleged age of the universe? Do you know evidence of uranium uniquely trapped in the zircon crystal not being free of lead when trapped? Can you explain the graduated dating from the Atlantic trench spanning years to some 300 million years at the coasts?

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that no one can prove that the rate of decay is uniform.

As for the oceans, I thought everyone agreed that the paucity of sediments at the bottom suggested recent upheavel?

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six thousand years with Ken Ham? Alone or in a group?

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh? Then what is the basis of the belief that it is uniform?
    What is dated are the igneous rocks which cooled in sequence over 300 million years. Near the trench young rocks and at the coasts dated at about 300 million years old. The dating of the rocks are graduated from the trench to the coasts.

#48 37818, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People have been asking that question for millions and millions of tears.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the basis for the idea that radioactivity decay rate is uniform? I don't think that it is. Evolutionists who believe in uniformitarianism have come up with that idea. There is no chain of custody of rocks from Adam's time six thousand years ago. Samples from Mt. St. Helens that were only days old showed up on the labs as millions of years old.

The entire earth suffered an upheavel during Noah's Flood. This alone contradicts uniformitarianism. The floors of the current oceans are new. Yet the sediments at the bottom of the oceans are consistent with a global flood of 4300 years ago. Before the global flood, the earth was mostly one continent. Now there are seven if you count Antarctica.

11. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our preacher this morning was Simon Turpin from AIG.

He spoke on the Seven Cs that are basic to the Gospel -
    Creation
    Corruption
    Catastrophe
    Confusion
    Christ
    Cross
    Consummation

12. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was newly converted in 1957, and starting a science degree I needed to deal with the question of science versus scripture.

I was shown the approach of considering the evidence by two models - creation or evolution. No scientific proof is available for either. By faith we understand...

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, we do not know anything unless that "thing" is believed. And believing a "thing" does not make it true. Presumably one believes on the basis what is believed is true. If what is believed is not true then we are believing a lie and not knowing it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have seen some video of Simon Turpin, who works for AiG in the UK. The Seven Cs are explained in both the Creation Museum and Noah's Ark, if memory serves.

Here is a video from AiG of the subject:

7 C’s of History

• Like Like x 1
  15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not exactly true. The preponderance of evidence supports YEC. Whatever areas of concern that you have, there are lots of articles online. Search not only AiG but also Creation.com and http://www.icr.org/homepage/

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The literal view of Genesis was pretty much the standard view of the Christian church until the time of Darwinism creeping into the Church thru theistic evolution!

18. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Infant baptism was pretty much the standard view of the Christian church until the time where early Baptist thinking crept into the church and began the practice of believer's baptism.

Therefore, arguments appealing to popular historical opinion aren't worth much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That analogy does not compute. The YEC trace back to 150 AD and Sextus Julius Africanus and prevailed until the Enlightenment which prevailed only until Whitcomb and Morris in 1961. It has nothing to do with ritual.

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting though that only when bogus evolution theory creept into the church that we started to see this different viewpoint regarding Genisis and origins!