1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So much for its Trumps fault or bears any responsibility

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 23, 2021.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. We are disagreeing over what we disagree over. :)

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh - let me go get an aspirin.....:Alien

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Model glue works better. I've used it for years and am just fine. :Wink

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bottom line is we all agree on what the Democrats said (the words) and what Trump said (his words).

What do we do with this?

Well, die hard Trumpers would condemn the Democrats for encouraging the riots last summer but insist Trump is innocent because his words did not actually call for a riot.

Die hard Democrats will condemn Trump for incitement but insist the Democrat leaders are innocent because their words did not actually call for riots last summer.

There are only two honest positions. Either neither party was responsible or both were. Anything else is hypocrisy.

I believe both parties were responsible, not because of the words spoken but because they were in leadership positions, and influenced the situation for the negative but could have influenced the situation for the positive were they acting for the good of the nation rather than their own interests or the interest of their party.

5. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I don't think it is right, or fair, to call the rally and the riot the same event or link them together as the same event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except at that point the election was not truly 100% over. After the certification he did for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issues of the election was not 100% over, but the election was over. The certification was ceremonial (it was affirming the election that had already taken place).

What the GOP needs to do is decide how to reform election laws. They whined that the Federal Government had a responsibility to make sure there is no fraud with the State elections. Then they whine when the Federal Government suggests it may federalize the election process. Just whinners all around, I guess.

But I do agree that there was fraud with the election. I am not sure that I am comfortable saying that the Democrat fraud (the anti-Trump fraud) was any worse than Trump's fraud in the election...but it certainly was no better.

That said, January 6 was too late to have a campaign rally at the Capitol. Trump should have put his big boy pants on and acted as President rather than a defeated candidate gasping for that last bit of air. Either way the election was over and he was leaving office. But he could have left as a President who lost an election rather than a defeated candidate.

8. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except precedent shows this is not the case.
    Just curious, in your view, what was Trump's fraud in the election? What are you referring to?

And the facts just don't support this position based on precedent.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that the most fraudulent thing a candidate can to is to lie to a person in order to get their vote. Both parties did this (I listed several of Trump's earlier, but not Biden's because I think we all presume Biden lied to obtain votes).

Don't, for example, tell me that then candidate Biden refuses to condemn the rioters in Philadelphia when the day prior Biden issued a statement condemning the rioters in Philadelphia. Don't try to scare me out of my vote by telling me that Biden plans "an immediate shutdown to show the spread of the virus" when Biden did not plan a shutdown. Don't pretend to have found faith, to be a champion of the Church, when you do not go to church and your religious mentor is calling on angels from Africa and South America to bring victory to Trump. Don't try to scare me into voting by claiming Biden is going to quadruple taxes when his tax plan (while awful) does no such thing.

We can call this "politics", and I agree it is "politics". BUT being "politics" does not make it less a candidate trying to rob people of their votes.

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok so we are talking about two very different forms of fraud. Though I agree with you about truthfulness in politics.

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to open your eyes to the truth of what is going on this in country... There is no true comparison to be made between the two sides which justifies your constant attempts to do so.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we are. The DNC has a history of voter fraud. Some of it is technically legal in areas, but shouldn't be (like ballot harvesting).

My gripe is truthfulness, and that is something neither side really has. I can't get past that to concern myself with voter fraud. It's all corrupt, and to be fair it has always been this way (it is suspected that Edgar Allen Poe was a victim of cooping, which is voter fraud).

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I know what is going on this country. You are pointing to one half of the problem. You need to open your eyes to the full picture. The GOP is no less worldly than the DNC. Neither party recognizes Christ. Neither party gives God credit for their "accomplishments". Neither party has anything to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Both parties, are by biblical definition, anti-Christ. Yet Christians who support the DNC only see the the GOP as evil. Christians who support the GOP only see the DNC as evil. There is none blind who refuse to see.

@Iconoclast mentioned a third Christian party. That would be interesting. But let's not pretend that that's the GOP.

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The riot was so there would be no debate concerning the electors. They had just contested AZ electors when they adjourned.

It was planed and not by Trump.

Watch the video.

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that IF Trump had not spoken as he did, the capitol fiasco would never have happened? Even though it has now come to light that it was planned far ahead? If Trump had been sipping coffee at Starbucks then this brouhaha would never materialized??
    C'mon JonC, you've surely got more common sense that this!!

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. But obviously that would have been the case for many who were caught up in the riot. And come to think of it, the people would not have been there, so yes....good point. Had Trump not had the rally then the riot would not have occurred.

But what I an saying is that we are responsible for our words. Scripture teaches this.