1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Someone in charge of the BB

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ajg1959, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pears to me that several people are so fed up with NOT being able to call the shots that they ought to simply bid this BB adieu' and go find a sandbox that THEY can control.:BangHead:

SHEESH!!!!!!!

As ole HST said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

I for one appreciate what the mods do, even knowing full well that some will never, under any circumstances, be happy with the "moderating"!:thumbsup:

So if you feel like somebody has licked the red off your sucker, the surest cure is to find another playmate!! (Hang around, and somebody else might lick the red off your next sucker!):rolleyes:

2. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I personally have no dog in this hunt. I am not particularly close with anyone on this site. I am not part of any click or group, for that matter often times my posts don't even get responded to. So I feel my opinion is not prejudiced either way so here goes.

This is just an Internet site, nothing more. If some people get more from it that is great for them, but if anyone doesn't they shouldn't get upset about what they are not getting out of it, and that includes how you feel you are treated. If you aren't enjoying the experience why would you bother to stay let alone stay and complain? That makes no sense to me at all. There are some things about this site that I personally find very annoying, and at times I just don't feel like coming around that much, and I don't. Other times it is a real blessing and I read and post more often. Everyone however should understand that they are in the overall control of whether or not it is a good experience, because you can be involved to the extent you enjoy, and choose to ignore what you don't. It really is that simple. Why in the world would you allow an Internet site where you voluntarily participate to cause you angst? There is no reason to do so, there is no reason to be that vested emotionally? If anyone feels this upset I strongly recommend taking a break for a while, you will feel better.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That was a good post. I can only speak for me, but moderators have been more than fair. There have been a few on here I have sliced and diced, then handed the remains back to them, and I do not recall ever being edited.

You can say the same thing with flowery language that is just as sharp without the out of control name calling.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a debate forum not a "Complaint Forum."
    Had I seen this thread before this time I would have closed it long ago. It is a disgrace to the cause of Christ. Yes, it is against the BB rules. Page after page is full of personal attacks. What does the public at large think of the "bickering Baptists" now? If you have complaints please don't air your dirty laundry in the public forums. There are pms and other forms of communication for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.