Southern Gospel Fans

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by patrioticcamerican, Dec 30, 2004.

1. PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Macintosh iTunes offers continues SG too. It's great stuff!

PJ

2. av1611jim New Member

Ok, ya'll hit a week spot o' mine.
    I don't have much in the way of current folks. But you all DID dredge up some fond memories.
    J.D. Sumner and the Stamps. Boy o boy, what a boomer of a voice that old man had! He could literally rattle the windows with just that rumblin' bass of his.
    The there was the Blackwoods. I remember seeing them when I was just a kid of about 11. I think London Paris would have given J.D. a run for the money in the bass department.
    Florida Boys. Gold City. Kingsmen.
    Hey! Even Andy Griffith could belt out a tune or two. Don't laugh! I hear you all snickering! LOL Really. Andy has a great voice and when it is just him and his acoustic guitar, it is great.
    So there ya have it. Av1611jim, in spite of his howling about traditional hymns only in church., in my car, driving down the road, I sure appreciate a good quartet, or even just a good ol' country boy.
    So shoot me!

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. Joined:
    Dec 18, 2004
    Hi everyone! I'm back for a little bit. I'm glad to see that the thread is still alive and well. AV1611, I like Andy Griffith too.

I like the Kingsmen song, "Wish You Were Here."

4. glenn316 New Member

I enjoy southern gospel music. My wife and I went on a southern gospel cruise in November. saw groups like Southern Gospel Music by:Legacy Five, The Hoppers, The Florida Boys, The Inspirations,
    Squire Parsons, Gold City, Greater Vision, The Kingsmen, & The Royalaires. The cool thing was most of them were new to us.

5. pcs1991 New Member

Here is a link to a pic of me with Greater Vision.