1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Interpretation....pt3

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John of Japan
    When these figures were used together in scripture...in each case it meant...life is not going to continue on as it always has. What you know and how your life is , is going to change.

The serpent in the wilderness...pointed to the cross
    Jonah in the great fish.....the resurrection
    From He shall have Dominion pg 348

The final collapse of Jerusalem and the temple will be the sign that the Son of Man, whom the jews rejected and crucified, is in heaven;
    29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory
    Clouds are symbols of divine majestyoften entailing stormy destruction;
    Isaiah 19King James Version (KJV)
    19 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the Lord rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
    psalm18;
    7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.
    8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
    9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.
    10 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.
    11 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
    12 At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.
    13 The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.
    14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.

Lamentations 2King James Version (KJV)
    2 How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger

For the day is near, even the day of the Lord is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.
    4 And the sword shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down.
    5 Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword.

I do understand that. It is just theDispensational men have no answer , or explanation for the "figures of Speech".
    No...this is called a deflection from dealing with the language that if followed through renders the passage meaningless.
    Yes...I am sure you can offer on the literal history. I also believe you do not even attempt to see it from Biblical theological thought. Again...most of the literal does not carry over...I can explain Mt 24, and rev.6....premill thought is lacking .

Stars not giving their light speak of stars, not meteors. They are described as falling to the earth like figs of a fig tree.
    literally it is not happening , in the Ot. or the new...
    Most of these figures are of those who were the enemies of God. Edomites, Babylonians, Egyptians,eventually earthly Jerusalem was called Sodom and Egypt....Sodom and Gommorah.

In looking for truth I do not mind looking at what others teach. It is not a matter of triumph as you suggest. Bolding the words for emphasis indicates where the passage needs to be searched out.

I am sure I am not the best representative of the views. When I post long passages all with one consent begin to make excuse as to why they will not look. Your fragmenting of scripture leads to a wrong view of the covenants and CALVINISM .....your greek study has evidently betrayed you on this, because most I know who study the greek cannot defend the other positions on most every key text.
    So why would I not be suspicious that your method which you claim "works for you" might have some defects?
    I do respect you and your zeal for souls, and your commitment to the lord and His word, even if I am sometimes critical of your approach to things on here. I speak openly to you about it.
    I know you are going to be consistent with the premill view. I count on it. My understanding might be a bit dated, more of what is considered the classical position. I have not followed all of these newer persons trying to correct the defects that were found.
    I know the Lord is going to return. That is the blessed hope of the people of God.
    I believe we are still the early church with many more souls to be saved. Jesus leads the new, and true exodus of the Christian Israel in fulfillemnt of Isa 49:1-8. He is the true passover, true manna, true tabernacle, Covenant Son as he is the Elect Servant of the Lord. Anyone not teaching this has missed the truth of God in large part.

I still have many puzzle pieces to add to the puzzle but I can see the outer portions of the Eternal purpose very clearly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

This thread will be closed sometime after 10:30 PM Pacific.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.