1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by HankD, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The TSAR bomb was P.R. ploy. It was a Hydrogen bomb. H bombs are scaleable. Its no harder to build a big one than a small one. There is a lot of good stuff to read about the TSAR bomb. It actually only yielded about 60% of what it was specked to do. The builder scaled down the reaction because he knew that if he delivered the full tonnage asked for he would do great damage to the USSR with fallout.We could have tested one bigger than the TSAR, but there was no point. Russia was just blustering.

Being there gives you wonderful perspective of one side of a historical event. History gives you both sides. Recently released Soviet history shows us that Khrushchev did not respect Kennedy. He saw him as weak and indecisive. Kennedy was very passive and appeasing in a conference they had. Khrushchev smelled weakness. Kennedy demonstrating weakness was the immediate cause of the missile crisis. We learn that from USSR history.
    That's a subject for its own thread.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew full well what tsar bomba could do. I was stationed on the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) - A system which watched-dogged the Russians who were also watching us watch them, etc...

I was in an information (EDP) intelligence unit within the BMEWS - ROMAC 2856 ABW.Griffiss AFB, Rome NY.

In my day the BMEWS went from upstate NY to Thule Greenland.
    The Russians did NOT bluster.

HankD

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kennedy's saying it was his lip gloss that was pooled and dripping from the corner of his mouth? Does Chapstick melt and run like that?

#23 Jerome, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The testing of that bomb was pure bluster. Being in intelligence, I am sure you have the answer. So, why did the Soviets test that bomb? It was nothing but a show of intimidation. They gained no scientific or technical knowledge from that test that they would not have obtained doing an 1/8th scale test. Why did we never test one that size? Because It was pointless and reckless to do so. My second cousin engineered and built H bombs for the USA. The declassified stuff he has told me is amazing. Us and Russia were definitely capable of bringing about M.A.D. in short order. It does not matter how you do it, destroying the Earth is destroying the Earth.

Russia was the real deal then just as they are now but all that big boom did was show off in an attempt to intimidate.

#24 Reynolds, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK but there is more to it than you think.

HankD

6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless its still classified, do tell. According to my cousin, not very much that happened then still is still classified.

USSR, at the time of the testing of the Tsar, thought they were badly behind us in warhead technology. The KGB was convinced that they were losing the arms race. Thus, the need for that demonstration. In historical hindsight, they were not behind. We were on par in warhead technology. In actuality, they probably held a very slight advantage in land based delivery system technology.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not going into it. there was one blurb on TV around the time of 911 that amazed me as to the detail of a project I worked on and they even showed Griffiss AFB.

Yes the Russians were showing off.

They are currently more afraid of what they think we have than vice versa.

HankD

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that it was some sort of TV makeup, but I have no idea. What do you think?

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was being Victorian and trying to be eupheministic when I called JFK the biggest playboy of the western world ever to make it to the top. Cuban dissidents say that he was raping a young girl during the Bay of Pigs.

11. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's claiming it was Chapstick. I can't think it pools and drips like that.

boston.cbslocal.com/2018/01/31/joe-kennedy-drool-chapstick-lip-gloss/

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's because Communists don't like God.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No crow for me to eat:

Democrat Response RE:Memo Release of DNC/FBI Collusion to Destroy Trump
    They altered it - A Threat to National Security

Schiff accuses Nunes of altering memo before sending to White House - CNNPolitics

Panic mode!

HankD

15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rush mentioned yesterday day that the family to this day gets royalties from all scotch imported into the USA.

16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I kinda feel sorry for the guy; IMO it reflects badly on the Dems that they couldn't even swing a makeup person his way before his speech.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that the Kennedy family still has a role to play in American politics and not as a ultra liberal toad but an ultra American with conservative values, one that desperately desires to bring the country back together again. Now I’m a skeptical so I don’t believe it’s even possible but we shall see if this young man has what it takes (to reach out to both sides of the isle). Hopefully he isn’t an idealist either but practical. God forbid we ever get another Obama and/or Hillary Clinton —Benghazi was the height of sin for those two scoundrels.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You knows how to hurt a guy! If that were true then I’d have to give it up (scotch) for something else. I like vodka but heaven only knows what oligarch gets royalties from that!