1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Still no facts supporting preterism!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seeing as how Jesus has NOT yet returned, how else can you explain it?

2. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it DOES, indirectly. Scripture saya the 'beast' will stop the daily sacrifice.

Scripture doesn't say directly that Jerusalem would be rebuilt after the Romand destroyed it, but obviously it WAS, & Jesus spoke about it for times that came, & will come, AFTER that destruction.

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why build such a temple? Because the Orthodox Jews STILL reject Jesus!

These Jews want to return completely to the Old Covenent ways. Even now, they're breeding animals to be used in those rites. Don't believe me? Just do some Googling. And better yet, just ASK ANY JEW!

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously, Sir, you've been listening to some charlatan such as Preston, Gentry, etc.

You say you believe by FAITH those events have already occurred? Do you know what BIBLICAL faith is?

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Yes, faith is both SUBSTANCE & EVIDENCE. And preterism has neither!

I have FAITH that the sun shall rise every morning on time. Why? because I have SUBSTANCE & EVIDENCE. I know God's laws of physics, kinetics, & astronomy. The sun appears to rise because the earth rotates in an easterly direction, exposing different parts of itself to the sun as it rotates. If the sun were not to rise, I'd never know it, cuz I'd be dead! Were earth's rotation to suddenly be stopped, the atmosphere & all on-anchored objects would hurtle eastward at whatever speed that particular part of earth was moving in normal rotation, which is, where I live, about 1400 MPH. I would be dead before I knew what happened! Thus, long as I live, I have FAITH the sun will rise & set on time!

Likewise, I have FAITH that ALL of Jesus' prophecies shall come to pass EXACTLY AS WRITTEN in their original language. Whatever events preterists CLAIM are fulfillments of those prophecies are NOT EXACT fulfillments! When Jesus returns, he will be in great glory & power, SEEN BY ALL, as He said, to take over complete rulership of earth, as has been prophesied in Scripture since jacob's day, and likely, before that among the faithful. OBVIOUSLY, THAT'S NOT YET HAPPENED!!!!!!

Like many other preterists, both full & partial, you have confused the yet-to-happen eschatological events with the "days of vengeance" on the Jews, which HAVE happened. THAT was the set of events that occurred 66-70 AD on the Jews.

A MUCH-GREATER catastrophe began for the Jews in 135-136 AD when hadrian expelled them from their land & gave that land to the Philistines. That controversy still exists today, with the Jew-palestinian conflicts.("Palestinian" and "Palestine" are Latin for "Philistine" & Philistia".) God only began to lift that punishment, given for the rejection & murder of Jesus, in 1945 after the nazis fell. He's ending it because His time for His deliverance of Judah and Israel is not far off. (But meanwhile the Jews continue to reject Jesus!)

Again, the "broken record" of "These events have NOT yet occurred!!!" will continue to play, proving preterism FALSE!

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, if he isn't born already.

Why is it NOT possible? I don't know how-imminent the rapture is. The 'antichrist' may come to power before it occurs, but it'll be before the great trib. That trib won't begin instantly after the antichrist takes control.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev. 13:15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

Evidently, this will be by supernatural means, as statues & images that speak electronically are no marvel to us.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev. 13:15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you simply reject Scripture in favor of the garbage the preterists teach? Adding new meanings to Scripture is as much altering it as is changing its wording!

9. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. I reject the carnal, physical interpretation of Scripture the futurists teach. That amounts to "adding new meanings."

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Revelation 20:5

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The coming that Jesus mentions in Matthew 16 and Matthew 24 isn't the final judgement coming that is in our future. Matthew 24:26&27 indicates that Christ will not return to earth during that coming:

“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

The coming that occurred in 70AD in the clouds above Jerusalem is the same coming dispensationalists mistakenly believe is the "rapture" that they also mistakenly believe is in our future.

• Like Like x 1
  11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, God didn't say what He meant, nor mean what He said?

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Horse Feathers!

While Jesus comes SPIRITUALLY wherever/whenever two or more are gathered in His name, (Matt. 18:20) that's entirely-different from a PHYSICAL return!

And Matthew 24:26-7 is a WARNING from Jesus against EXACTLY the kind of poppycock you posted above!

There are only TWO comings of Jesus mentioned in Scripture. However, the pre-carnate Jesus appeared to Abraham (Genesis 18:1-6) and to Joshua as captain of the Lord's army.(Joshua 5:13-15) The PROOF of that is that both Abe & Josh bowed to Him, & if it'd been merely an angel, he woulda told those men not to bow.

But Jesus will PHYSICALLY return in great power & glory,(Matt. 24:30) as He said, and will be SEEN BY ALL (Rev. 1:7) That's the ONLY other physical return of jesus in Scripture, & it'll be PERMANENT!

13. Revelation 20:5

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It was the people of the land(greek word Ge) of Judea not of the whole world which is (kosmos) Figurative language and an erroneous translation of "ge". If you look at the context of the whole chapter in verse 15 it is referring to the people of Judea. Christ warned the Christians in Judea to flee when the abomination of desolation was seen. In Matthew 24:31 what happens right after? A loud trumpet sounds and Christ is seen coming on the clouds of heaven and then He gathers His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other(1st resurrection mentioned in rev20:5). Christ does not come down to the earth in Matthew 24.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More horse feathers!

The word rendered "heaven" here in many Bible versions is "ouranos", which means "the sky".

And the four winds blow all over earth, not just in Judea.

And the AOD did NOT occur then, nor has it yet occurred!

And the language is LITERAL!

I highly suggest you toss whatever boox by Preston, gentry, etc. you've been reading & stick to the BIBLE and some good unbiased WORX OF HISTORY!

15. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Matthew 16:28
    "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

how do you literally take this passage?
    matthew 26
    59The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death. 60But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward.

Finally two came forward 61and declared, “This fellow said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.’ ”

61Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64“You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Literally please explain

John 21:22
    Jesus told him, "If it's my will for him to remain until I come back, how does that concern you? You must keep following me!"

Please literally explain, where John is waiting?

16. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How is he coming?

Zechariah 14:4
    On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Revelation 19:1
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Acts 1:11
    "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Matthew 24
    30“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earthc will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.d 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

17. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not in my bible.

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three of the disciples saw His transfiguration where he appeared with Moses & Elijah. The others didn't see it.

In your zeal to try to prove me wrong, you failed to study Scripture closely enough. First, V 59 says many FALSE witnesses testified, and evidently the two witnesses of V 61 were among those false ones. For John 2 says, 19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Clearly, the "witnesses" had twisted His words!

Those who were questioning Him didn't see Him any more after He died.But ALL will see Him as He returns, as He said. Maybe the sign that all will see that'll immediately precede His physical coming will be seeing Him sitting beside His Father. Again, ALL will see His return!

Again, your zeal caused you to miss a key word - "IF" ! Jesus did NOT say that John would live til He returned.! He was presenting a hypothetical situation, such as "IF a frog had wings, it wouldn't bust its butt every time it jumps."

Care to tell us when all green grass was burned up? Or when all life in the seas died? The name of the "beast" & his false prophet?

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you must be using the King George version.

From the NKJV - Daniel 8:12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He will return in LIKE (not EXACT) manner as He left.

How did He leave? He simply ASCENDED. So, when He returns, He will simply DESCEND.

He may be on a horse. Nothing says otherwise.

He may first be seen sitting beside His Father. (But no man will see His Father while still mortal.)

Nothing contradictory in any of those Scriptures. Zech states where He will touch down - the same place from which He departed.

Now, care to tell us who the antichrist was? The false prophet? Describe the appearance of the marka the beast. When did all life in the seas die? When, in AD times, was every island moved from its place? When was there a worldwide rain of 100-lb rocks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.