Take This Christian Music Test

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Frenchy, Apr 30, 2006.

1. menageriekeeper Active Member

Okay Frenchy, you started it, now let's see if you can finish it.

Just how did I "distort" those scriptures?

2. Frenchy New Member

Rbell when i did that study it was based on the music in the youth group just play some REZ BAND songs and see what I mean it was extremely loud and distorted very HARD ROCK. and this was on a Sun morning. if you cannot hear the words it is distorted no matter what the words say. and when you can hear the words they should be edifying and glorifying not what this youth pastor had in his collection. I think the bible verses speak for themselves i have had many who see no problem with the verses including pastors.

There is no self control or peace in the music today and if it is so watered down that it can be played on a secular radio station then why call it christian? if nothing else all it is, is FEEL GOOD music which in itself is neither right nor wrong, but permissable.

Please people do a search and listen to some hard rock christian music and you will see the distortion and noise and lack of peace, joy and self control and lack of edification i am talking about.

3. Frenchy New Member

4. Frenchy New Member

5. Ransom Active Member

http://www.av1611.org/crktstin.html

The domain tells me all I need to know about this "Christian" link. Dial-the-Truth Ministries is a clearinghouse of sloppily-reasoned, pseudo-Christian drivel. With respect to Christian music, their main argument is second-order guilt by association, along the lines of, "This Christian band is evil because they hired a video director who worked on an evil song with another band," or, "That Christian band is evil because they covered an otherwise harmless song originally by this artist who also recorded an evil song."

Rubbish.

6. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    The music itself is not christian. It is the same music that is played on the rock and roll stations. If you call the music played on KLOVE and other stations like it christian, then you must also call the music played on DC101 or other stations like it christian too. Because that music was on DC101 and others before it was on KLOVE.

7. Magnetic Poles New Member

Frenchy, interesting that you like Sandi Patti. She lived a life of adultery while a Christian music star. By your standards, you should not listen to her music.

8. Mike McK New Member

9. Frenchy New Member

10. Ransom Active Member

Hope Of Glory have to disagree with you on the effects of the beat...even scientist disagree with you!

From your first link:

I'm laughing so hard it hurts! Come on, people thought these rock's-effects-on-plants "experiments" were goofy 30 years ago.

11. Mike McK New Member

How do you know that some of us haven't already done this?

I've shared many times here about how, when I got saved, I threw away hundreds of records, thinking I was pleasing God by "destroying my idols".

I went out and bought books by the Peters' Brothers (who, themselves, later changed their minds about CCM and some mainstream music), Fletcher Brothers (who turned out to be an idiot), Bill Gothard, "Hell's Bells" and all of that stuff.

It was only after serious prayer and study that I realized that, while some may have a conviction not to listen to some kinds of music, not all music of any one genre is bad, and not everyone has the same convictions.

I meant well, but I was driven by my emotions, rather than any sort of Godly discernment.

Now Playing: Marty Robbins - "A Lifetime of Song: 1951-1982"

12. Frenchy New Member

Yes I know MP the music i have was before she did that and i haven't bought any ever since. just goes to show what happens when you are in the public eye and get all that fame. your eyes turn off Christ and on self and what man thinks.

Makes me sick to see parents who want to make their children to become STARS not realizing the pain and heart aches and SIN they will have to indure all for the price of fame. NOT WORTH IT i say.

Bible says "you can't serve two master either you will love the one and hate the other"

13. Mike McK New Member

I didn't ask you for some REZ Band lyrics. I asked you what REZ song about "killing babies" you were referring to.

Grateful Dead - "Dick's Picks #11"

14. Ransom Active Member

Frenchy says:

let me give an example of a few artist i think are sound who have a beat.

Kathy Troccoli

. . . and right off the bat, he posts an artist who, if I recall correctly, is a Roman Catholic.

I like KT too, but it sure doesn't do your argument any good to complain about our lack of discernment in listening to Christian music.

15. Frenchy New Member

Mike I posted that before i saw your post. i do not need to defend anything these bands do all anyone has to do is click on these links, put in an artist name asking for their lyrics and their OWN website and music and dress and interveiws will all speak for themselves. I have given the best arguments anyone has on this subject and am fine with all the rhetoric, the fact remains many will be educated because of this thread and that is ALL that matters AMEN!

16. Mike McK New Member

But you're not revealing anything.

You're saying things about them that may or may not be true and you never bother to try to back it up or explain how you know these things.

Given what the Bible says about gossip and slander, honestly, I would worry much more about you guys than I would about some crappy musician, just because he may play a song that has a beat.

I must have missed that part of the Gospels where Jesus slandered and gossipped about people.

Dale Ann Bradley - "Old Southern Porches"

17. Frenchy New Member

I have seen Kathy Troccli in our church and according to her testimony is SAVED! if she is still a Catholic by afflication that is her business. i know several SAVED Catholics.

Putting a car in the barn doesn't make that car a horse. you either are or you are not.

even better here is a supposed Catholic who's words are MORE doctrinaly SOUND and EDIFYING than supposed Baptist or other sound denominations :confused:

18. Mike McK New Member

No, you don't. But you do need to defend your statement. If you're going to say that they sing songs about "killing babies", then it's incumbent upon you to show us what song they sing about killing babies.

Otherwise, all you're doing is just more of the same old gossipping and rumor mongoring that you've been doing all along.

Now, can you back up your claim or can't you?

James Cotton – “High Compression”

19. Frenchy New Member

Mike yes i did we were obviously writing at the same time you just happen to beat me to it. don't call me liar i have no reason to lie

20. Frenchy New Member

I am done argueing with teenagers or 20 something. i am assuming that is my audience?