ten-reasons-to-not-ask-jesus-into-your-heart-0

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Mar 29, 2016.

1. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why are you posting? After all, the title of the thread is:
    ten-reasons-to-not-ask-jesus-into-your-heart-0

2. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ;)
    The only fluff here is your post. Cannot wait to get to the keyboard......off topic falsehoods. ...

3. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I wish you wouldn't bring things up in a thread that this has nothing to do with.
    Perhaps I should have put a question mark there instead of a period. Either way your English comprehension is lame. There are no quotation marks. There is no direct quote from you.
    It was a deduction from you. It was like me saying, "Therefore, according to your reasoning, you have Christ hating himself," as the scripture says "God hates the world and all that it is in it." (1John 2:15,16; James 4:4).

4. Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

As to the points in the OP, "into your heart" is more of an idiom. Like, "take a knee". It doesn't actually mean to take a knee. It means to kneel. " Ask Jesus into your heart " simply means accepting Him into your life. In common vernacular, the heart is iconic for the seat of emotions, and the control of your life. "I love you with all my heart", simply means that you are the most important thing to me.

In the past, the stomach was used the same way, and that carries over some now, like, " gut feeling". In other times, the liver was used. That is still how art critics today critique some art from old eras.

So, I have no problem with the phrase. I don't remember using it myself. I usually say something like, "accept Jesus as your Savior".

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

5. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may be mistaking here, but I think that many who object to "inviting Jesus into your heart" will also object to "accepting Jesus into your life" or even "accepting Jesus as your Savior" in terms of salvation for pretty much the same reasons.

6. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hate being exposed, eh?

Nope. You said what you meant. .

Nope. I have a HS diploma, an A.A.S., with 111 college hours in my back pocket. My English comprehension is just fine, thank you. You said EXACTLY what you meant. Don't back up now.

Duh!
    Same old schtick I see.

More deduction, eh? You lied. Own it.

7. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "DHK,

And yet the bible does not use this expression at all.So now we watch as you try and force it in there.....CautiousCautiousCautious
    Yes indeed , even though that is the stated purpose of the thread....:(:(:(:(

It is the whole false idea and presentation that is objected to.
    from the OP;
    Which is your philosophy, but off topic here.

. And therein many object. I do not find "into one's heart" as the central point of objection.

Accepting Christ is not found in the bible at all....repentance is;
    44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

oh good there is more...lets look-

It is actually an evangelical fantasy as the heart attitude of the sinner is revealed through scriptures everywhere....

4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
    6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.

7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.

11 He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.

no....not so;
    Vine's Expository Dictionary of NT Words
    Receive, Receiving
    Resource Toolbox
    A — 1: λαμβάνω
    (Strong's #2983 — Verb — lambano — lam-ban'-o )
    denotes either "to take" or "to receive," (I) literally, (a) without an object, in contrast to asking, e.g., Matthew 7:8; Mark 11:24 , RV, "have received" (the original has no object); (b) in contrast to giving, e.g., Matthew 10:8; Acts 20:35; (c) with objects, whether things, e.g., Mark 10:30; Luke 18:30 , in the best mss. (some have No. 4); John 13:30; Acts 9:19 , RV, "took" (AV, "received"); 1 Corinthians 9:25 , RV, "receive" (AV, "obtain"); or persons, e.g.,

the natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God......they are foolishness to him neither can he know them.

the usual make believe vs 13 does not exist....
    12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    That you teach such things is a joke, but a bad one at that as you repeat over and over.

About as much evidence as you have of "dead Lazarus" ...ACCEPTING.... that he dead, and resurrecting himself by faith.

You cannot give evidence for imaginary things.

A falsehood ....

Nonsense...o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

of course not, we remember how you told us everyone in your church is saved...NotworthyNotworthyNotworthyNotworthyRedfaceRedfaceRedfaceRedface
    after reading your post...we see where the "fluff" is...CautiousCautiousCautiousCautiousCautiousCautiousCautious

8. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I didn't lie. Stop falsely accusing me, and stop bringing this nonsense up in public.
    First, you seem to have a problem in English comprehension.
    Second, you fail to see any quotation marks don't you?
    Third, if there is no quotation marks there is no quote.
    Fourth, you cannot read my mind as you just stated, which is a lie by you (i.e., "Nope that is not what you meant.") Obviously you don't accept what I meant even after I explained it to you. You just call me a liar instead. You don't want the truth, accept the truth; you would rather deny it.

Now stop being a troll and answer the OP.

9. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great verse used by the CoC as no one is saved without being immersed in H2O.

This is from your horrible interlinear? This goms up the word of God.

Someone else on here beats that drum, flaps their gums saying this. To turn to God is to turn from self. To turn to God, means turning to His righteousness and away from one's selfrighteousness. To turn to God is to repent of your sins. Sheesh!!

Oh lawd!! When you turn to God, you turn from self. When you repented, what did you repent of? You good deeds? You evil deeds(sins)? Your not so good...but not so bad deeds? Which is it? Speak up!!

We oppose it because it is NOT IN THE BIBLE. The unregenerate's heart is wicked, and yet they ask Him to come into it? They hate Him, yet ask Him to come into their heart?

No problem with this.

You have this backwards. The Spirit is sent in and THEN they call upon Him. The Spirit changes the condition of the heart from, cold, dead, hard, and hates Him, to warm, alive, soft as flesh that loves Him. They call out after the Spirit moves in, not before. They trust Him after He moves in, not before. They are in unbelief until then.

One doesn't 'become' a son as you are purporting. One became a son from the creation of the world. God sends His Spirit to those He chose as His sons(sheep, elect, church) and by them believing proves they were already His.

This is proof the Spirit is ALREADY in their heart and not proof they asked Him into their hearts. Misapplying scripture does not support your ideology.

More proof of an already accomplished divine act performed by God.

Agree. So?

Agree. So?

Agree. So? Christ dwelling in believers does not prove one asked Him into their heart. The Spirit enters, rearranges the furniture so-to-speak, changes the disposition of the heart PRIOR TO them calling out to Him.

And those who are in a state of unbelief can not believe. Those who are God's enemy will not seek Him. Those who hate Him can not love Him.

The Spirit moves in a changes their disposition. From hate to love. From enemy to friend. From unbelief to belief. Unless someone believes(present tense), they will never saved. Period. End of story.

10. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A bit off topic but I wanted to respond to this. After my husband and I moved last summer and we were church hunting, it was amazing how many pastors gave us the deer in the headlights look when we asked for a doctrinal statment. Often we would be handed a track. It was very dishartening. But thankfully we found a good church, even if it is an hour away :)

11. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the future, instead of inferring my posts, ask for clarification. Okay? Don't assume, just ask me what I meant if you're unsure what I meant. Deal?

12. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One should not let distance hinder them in a church hunt. Now, if it's ten hours? Well... :)

13. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't and it gives us some good conversation time. But its sad that we have to drive that far for a good church. It does make fellowship a bit hard but we make it work.

14. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have always had a strong statement, but it was largely ignored (it became kind of a fixture). Recently we've renewed it, updated it, and have reviewed it with the church (affirmation is a part of membership). It is necessary in order to keep doctrine. We may not always agree, but firm belief on what we do believe is important. Spurgeon noted that once these "differences" are gone then truth is gone as well - (Man's Will/God's Will).

I am glad you found a home. :)

15. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another convoluted posting dealing with God's foreknowledge. It is always based upon what man does in your view, doesn't it? If God had not sent His Son to be imputed with their sins so His sheep could be imputed with His righteousness, He would hate EVERYONE. God hates sins and sinners. If not for Christ, He would hate all mankind. Praise be to God for the effacacious crosswork of Christ.

More distortion of His foreknowldge I see. When is enough enough with you?!?!?

So, per you, God is pschizo? He hates and then when they do good, He then loves them? Pschizo...purely pschizo.

This does not support your ideology here. God is also a God of hate, jealousy, wrath, vengence, holiness, righteousness, &c. So by using your thought here, since God is love He loves everyone. If God is also a God of hatred, then He hates everyone. If He is a God of vengence, then He is taking vengence on everyone. If God is a God of wrath, then He is pouring wrath out on everyone. You do not think you ideologies all the way through. God's attributes are more than just love.

All these verses are directed to His sheep and not everybody w/o exception.

He knew beforehand because He decreed it. Not because He saw that Paul would do it. You need to learn to not corrupt the biblical view of God's foreknowledge.

16. revmwc Well-Known Member

You sure read things into other peoples post. God is a God of love Scripture tells us so. Christ was given to the world because God so loved it that He gave His only begotten Son. What does God hate? Sin whose sin everyones! I have almost had my fill of the name calling, false accusations and the like from a few here and was about ready to quit posting, that is until God lead you to post this Thanks for the encouragement to continue.

17. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro. mwc,

Let me clarify what I meant by confronting your idea of God loving Esau because He is love.

Love is just one attribute God has. Now, if God loves everyone because He is love, then it also rings true that God..

1) has hatred towards everyone
    2) pours His wrath out on everyone
    3) takes vengence on everyone
    4) is jealous with everyone

God is love, and those who love Him have been born of God because He is love. That is the context of 1 John 4:7. He loves them He gave to Christ to redeem. He shows His love to them because He is love.

I am not trying to be mean, please forgive me if I have become harsh/rash with you. I just want you to think you beliefs all the way through.

18. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I seek clarification from you.

Yes. But He also is a God of hatred, wrath, vengence, jealousy, holiness, righteousness. But everybody wants to focus on love and leave the others alone for some reason.

He loved the world, the globe, but not all of its inhabitants. His love is for His chosen sheep.

So God hates you? Srsly? In context, He hates those He never chose from the creation of the world. His love is poured out upon His sheep and wrath upon the goats. John 3:36

Just keep looking up my Brother.

19. revmwc Well-Known Member

I try to clarify things but of course get accused of gross sin. God's wrath is coming, the Tribulation will soon occur. His love for mankind brought His son to the earth. God hates it every time anyone sins, does He hate the person? He chose those whom He foreknew, Those He foreknew them He also called. The thing is the word translated as foreknew means to know beforehand. That means In His omniscience He knew all about them. Is He jealous yes like we get jealous of course not. Does He hate yes but not in the context of what we believe is Hate. In fact His command is that we love all men, we can't hate as the world hates and neither does He. Does He deal in vengeance scripture states vengeance is His not ours. Did His vengeance occur for Annaias and Sapphira, yes and why they lied to the Holy Spirit. Was there a lesson in it, you bet we as Believers are not to lie to the Holy Spirit. But God has other attributes. He doesn't want anyone to perish and it saddens Him when they do. He would have all men to be saved 1 Timothy 2:4.

20. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, NO Icon, that scripture straightforwardly says, "for all His ways are judgment" (which denotes volitional/free will choices, not pre-determinism) and backs that up with that "He is a God of Truth". You really shouldn't be trying to rewrite the scripture to change the truth of His word to fit your Calvinist's/Determinist's views.