1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 2nd Wave

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, May 4, 2020.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? :Thumbsdown

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go ahead and make fun of the second wave of the Boomer Remover. What will happen when all the Boomers are Removed? You act like you want the lockdown to end.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bear in mind, though, that IF there is a second wave, that a lot of the most vulnerable people to being killed by this virus will have died in this initial wave of the virus; thus, the virus may find less opportunity to kill Americans in a POTENTIAL second wave.

4. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @ all posters in the thread.

You all are too busy with the news and conspiracy instead of figuring out in the Bible why Satan has deceived us. If you knew the truth, and it does not blow your mind to bits, you probably could figure out how to be prepared instead of sensational speculation and inuendos.

If you think you already know the answers, you would be dead wrong.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're done here. Your argument make no sense at all.

One of the dumbest statements I've seen in a while. 2nd one tonight. But you have to share the honors. You don't own the title outright.

#25 carpro, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. Twice.

#26 carpro, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know the answers?

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's Christian thinking. Something I have yet to see you demonstrate. God is Sovereign, not humanity or this virus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think it will have made its way around to more than a small fraction of the vulnerable by the time a 2nd wave begins. FEMA is now reporting a model of 200,000 additional infections a day and 3,000 deaths a day by early June 2nd wave. IF we get to 200,000 infections a day I'm afraid the death rate will be far above 3,000, possibly up 10,000 a day according to the current figures of confirmed cases and deaths. I pray not. But we've already been as high as 2,700 deaths in a day with a far lower rise in infections.

With the careless approach many are supporting and the partisan lead denial of the seriousness I would not be surprised to see the curve begin rising sharply in about 2 weeks and in 4 weeks few will deny that we are experiencing a 2nd wave. Again, I pray not and for an alternative, a miracle even! Not only would the deaths be tragic but the Dems would put the fault on Trump and the Republican party for opening up too soon.

It would be a wonderful sign if the antibody tests start coming in very high demonstrating that we are on a fast track to herd immunity and the death rate is much lower than the numbers current show.

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the Theological Fatalistic position of strict pre-Determinism is a Calvinist thinking, not "the" Christian thinking, Mr. Question Beggar.

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I starting to think you don't even know what side you're on beside not following the subject or knowing what side I am on.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, hopefully the nursing homes will be improved by then. With tens of millions of people already over the disease, there won't be as many vectors. I still think that N95s will defeat the second wave.

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think everyone wearing masks would be a great help, but I also think it would become another issue for hyper partisans that would refuse to wear them because it would become yet another bandwagon for them to get on about not having the rights not to wear them.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We did what we were told and the empty hospitals and medical personnel on layoff or doing stupid dances on tik tok can now take it from here. But I read T.S. Eliot. April is the cruelest month and the world doesn't end with a bang but a wimper. The petty rules of the police like don't sit on a park bench in a deserted park with no signs and on and on have guaranteed that it will take the national guard to enforce another lockdown.

The doctors saved the careers of the politicians so the doctors should send the bill to the elected officials.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if you are wearing an N95, Benjamin, it will protect you. A cloth mask just protects the other person from you. People without masks if the second wave even happens, will receive the Darwin award. OK? Let's hope that Bill Gates moves to the South Pole.

#35 church mouse guy, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where you are off-base is that the people who did not comply are Democrats such as blacks throughout the country, Muslims who let their children play in Little Mogadishu in Minneapolis and elsewhere. Both black and white Republicans complied although they have been demonstrating but people are demonstrating all over the world. Muslims believe that drinking camel urine will cure the Chinese flu, as you know, and if you say that it won't, you are attacking Allah.

17. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fatalism is not Calvinistic, it's Islamic. Apart from that, I agree with your O.P.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off the subject but do you think that this is a biological warfare attack?

19. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously, how do you convince yourself to get out of bed in the morning with that attitude?

• Agree Agree x 1