1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 2nd Wave

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, May 4, 2020.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me. :Biggrin

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's laughable, if not so pathetic and hypocritical, being the subject of the Op is about the mistake of causing a second wave worse than the first that we made in history. Something you fail to even acknowledge...

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You want the police called on blacks, Muslims, and homosexuals and the lockdown continued with police power. It's your party having the party, Boss.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because the 1918 Spanish Flu had a second wave is no guarantee that COVID-19 will have a second wave. I think it is more likely that it will linger around until Jesus returns, just like a myriad other diseases. So I suggest you look for a sustainable plan like we have for the yearly flu, colds, strep throat, etc., not some fantasy that if we just suffer enough for long enough that we will rid ourselves of this particular disease forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrat black lesbian mayor of Chicago not only exempted herself from lockdown rules but she had also failed to stop Ramadan nighttime dinner parties in Chicago.

Allah recommends drinking camel urine as a cure for any disease.

• Like Like x 1
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there we have your very own strawman.

Nobody here has suggested that giving up parties and sunbathing or wearing a mask is giving up their rights and will destroy the economy.

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, another excuse to ignore taking responsibility for the potential of an imminent threat as recorded in history including another strawman about a “guarantee” never made, rather than acknowledging this realistic consideration foretold in history you resort to more hyper-partisan parroting that this should be handled like another seasonal flu. How ridiculous! Pure denial of reality and an insane comparison to the flu that any rational thinking person would recognize by now to be a desperate comparison along with your plea that the “nothing can be done anyway so let me on my political bandwagon to panic over losing my $$$ and rights” which only further demonstrates your reasoning to be poor efforts to support the priority of your values.

This argument of yours reminds me of Hillary Clinton's argument of not taking responsibility after tragedy struck, "What difference, at this point, does it make!?

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought we were done here??? Maybe we should go back to where you tucked your tail and yiped away calling insults? But, open your eyes, that is what the arguments you parrot have evolved into at every turn. Yes, there have been people on this board complaining about all sorts rights being taken away including the beach and laws that require wearing a masks. This mindset is growing and is all over the internet, the same people would be the one's screaming the loudest that we didn't do enough should the 2nd wave be devastating. All based on panic driven partisan narratives that control their every thoughts rather than using their own God given minds.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I have a pretty good idea what our Founding Fathers would think about such laws and I don’t think it would be acquiescence.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamin, no one is requiring you to leave your home. Just be willing to accept the consequences. There are people complaining because businesses are opening up and if a worker refuses to work that they are losing their job and may lose unemployment benefits. Sorry, but they should not think that staying home entitles them to have an employer or the government to keep them whole without working when they could continue in their job.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We did not have the medical capabilities in 1918 that we have today. Not a good comparison by them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The worst areas, the areas with the highest death rates, and the areas with the refusal to obey the lockdown are all Democrat areas in which the GOP has no political authority and no influence.

2. We have flattened the curve.

3. This is Ramadan and it is already more violent than last year's Ramadan. Democrats should ask their Muslim voters to obey the lockdown.

4. Black Republicans are obeying lockdown rules; black Democrats are not obeying lockdown rules. Democrats should ask their black voters to obey the lockdown.

5. Muslims are not obeying lockdown rules anywhere. Since it is Ramadan, they are having nighttime dinner parties since they cannot eat or drink in the daytime.

6. The medical system needs to open back up now that the curve has been flattened and handle the Chinese virus cases and bring back laid-off doctors and nurses to treat everyday healthcare needs before they worsen beyond the scope of medical abilities. The medical community looks stupid putting up dance videos on social media from hospitals and hospices.

7. Bill Gates needs to move to Antarctica forever because of his medical crimes against humanity and his white racist medical actions in Africa.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a waste of money to help those who show no desire to help themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think people that have actually endured authoritarianism in their life would laugh at the snowflakes in Michigan dressing up like wanna be operators. They aren’t protesting. It a a social event and an excuse to play dress up.

15. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I
    I laugh at you. You choose to weigh in with another waste of time post.
    15,000 cars & trucks & trailers & boats made the trip to Lansing. How many brought weapons? Only a handful even got out of their vehicles. They came because of the ridiculous reach of rules imposed on them, starting with her limiting our ability to receive HCQ as a treatment, & onward.
    They are losing the lives & livelihoods that they have worked for. Many will not recover.
    Meanwhile the government folks are getting their paychecks but not earning it. Nothing is getting done in Michigan. The roads look like minefields, but no one is working. No licenses/plates are getting processed, nothing.
    The few that brought weapons, as they are within their rights to do, were making a statement about their rights, first & second amendments you know. They were also making a statement that they will defend their rights. They were not playing dress up. Are you prepared to defend? Nevermind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Snowflakes.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, Boomer. :Roflmao:Biggrin:Roflmao

18. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Am I prepared to defend what?

19. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #1 I have never suggested anything but opening up slowly and responsibly, yet you you love your strawman lie.

#2 You know, and I know, that it doesn't work that way. If 1/2 of the population... ...err... let's rephrase that... if 1/4 of the COVIDIOTS go out and a large % of them get infected it has a major effect on the rest of the rest of population and their rights and efforts have been denied. You know, and I know that we either work together or we fail to control this and keep the death rate down together. But, unfortunately that doesn't matter to you, and some others, it is becoming very obvious that you/they love any argument no matter how weak, false or outright lie as long as it is an attempt to support your hyper partisan narrative.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamin is not a partisan when he says Covidiots in screaming capital letters, yada, yada, yada.

• Agree Agree x 1