The Absolute Equality of Jesus and The Father

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Nov 18, 2020.

1. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one here is accusing you of there being two Gods.

They as the one and the same YHWH and as such are absolutely one and the same God.

But the Son is subordinate to the Father, which you seem to explicity deny.

2. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    See my Post #101.

3. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your language here is that of Unitarianism, and not Trinitarianism, which is what the Holy Bible teaches. The Bible NO WHERE teaches that the Father and Son are "one and the same YHWH". Can you show me where it does? The TWO Persons are "One and the same God", as in the Godhead, but DISTINCT Persons. You need to clarify your language here.

4. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are desparate to find fault.
    Yes, there are three distinct Persons who as God are the one and the same God. The subordination of the Son existed prior to His incarnation, John 1:2 and will contiune into the Son's eternal kingdom in the New Heaven and Earth, 1 Corinthians 15:28. See Revelation 20:14 with 1 Corinthians 15:26-28.

5. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a telling response of one who cannot account fully for all that Scripture says.

In keeping with the nature of your response and because it is your thread, I will refrain from engaging with you further on this subject.

9. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is true. But that does not explain what it means for the Word to be "with God." That very phrase is used of 17 other places in Scripture. And they are not God too.
    How? v,26 does not take place until Revelation 20:14.

10. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    are you saying that because "the Word", Who is Jesus Christ, is "with" God the Father, that makes Him not God?

11. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just denied that the Word is God. You are beginning to seem more like Jehovah's witness's they argue the same thing. Are you a J W
    By the way Jn 1:1 starts off with "in the beginning".
    MB

12. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has to do with questions raised in conversation about the equality of Jesus and the Father. They cannot be one God if they aren't equal because He would be in contradiction with Him Self. Each post on any thread has the potential to take the thread else where because of misunderstandings. This is just the way that it is.
    MB

13. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay close attention. Yes and no. The Word was always both. Notice as the Word was also God, as God is also never subordinate. Never. But as not God was always subordinate. Again the Word was always both. The Word being was God never changes. As with God is whom by which God does all things. The Word does all things for God as God. John 1:3. Ephesians 3:9. John 5:19. John 14:6.

14. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not hearing what I am actually arguing. I am not denying that the Word was God. I am, yes, afirming the Word was also not God. That is not the same as denying the Word was God. I have never done that. What I am afirming is the Word as "was God" never changed.

15. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God Him self never changes but He has changed His mind. The proof of this is the fact when I first believed He saved me. This is clearly a change of mind on what to do with me. Salvation is not predetermined, because with out choice man cannot truly Love God.

I am not Arminian and you are, why do you expect agrreement.
    MB

16. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As simple as it can be said The Word was both with and was God. Read it carefully.
    Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;
    MB

17. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that Jesus is God? so is the Spirit. All three are one God. If you believe this is so then God is His own God simply because there is no other. Christ was subordinate while here on Earth because he had to step down temporarily to become a man All three agree with each other which makes them one God.
    MB

18. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not an Arminian nor Calvinist in my view point. Stop with your false opinions of others. It is one thing to disagree. But false accusations are not tenable.

God does not change. And that is not at issue. God chnages how He will deal with peoples when they change. God otherwise does not change His mind being omniscient. But the Son on His behalf does, John 1:18, Genesis 22:12, ". . . now I know . . ." God says to Abram by way of His Son, John 1:18.

19. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is my point of view.

20. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then your grammar was in bad form. Mine is terrible I should have listen to the teacher but I was only interested in a girl.
    MB