The Apostle's Bible?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bro Tony, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Bro Tony New Member

I had a person in my church give me some verses taken out of "The Apostle's Bible". They were trying to prove the point of eschotology that one should be a-millenial. I was wondering what others know about this Bible. Is it a valid translation? I really am not interested in getting into a KJVO debate about this, I already know what KJVO people feel about all other translations. If some others could post their impressions of this Bible, it would be appreciated.

2. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apostles' Bible, English Septuagint Version of the Holy Bible, Copyright © 2003 By Paul W. Esposito

This translation is a revision of Sir Lancelot C. L. Brenton's 1851 translation. I've used it online and not found much value in it.

3. Bro Tony New Member

Dr Bob,

Could you expound on the value statement? Does this Bible have problems? Why? I really need some input.
    Thanks

4. Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, please, I too am interested in your opinion of problems and issues you may have with this Bible.

5. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a LXX and it is interlinear Greek (actual Greek/English line by line. The Apostle's is not as accurate in translating the Greek into English by any stretch. With the resource I have, I guess I just didn't see a lot of value in the Apostles Bible.