1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Biggest Threat of the Coronavirus

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Reformed, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Precious promises only for the people of God.
    Even some believer in Christ who died young has that long life that God will satisfy them with as it is an age enduring eternal life.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation. "

• Like Like x 2
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    24 hours later the there are 53,578 cases in Italy and 4,825 deaths, That death rate is 9.0%.

800 deaths in one day. I heard it may the double whammy of both the age of the population combined with the inability to treat on such a massive scale.

These poor people! My heart and prayers goes out for them. This is so sad...

3. Rippon2

Rippon2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo just said that 40% to 80% of New York State could be infected. That's 7.8 to 15 million people. New York City has a population of not 8 million as I said above, but 9 million. It's going to be worse than I projected. He has asked the Army Corps Of Engineers to erect temporary hospitals. But they need staffing of medical professionals. Even with a million extra beds, it will not not be enough for the desperately sick to have ICU care. And, despite what some people think young people are becoming infected. In New York (state or city?) over half of the patients are between 18 to 49 years of age.

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on what Cuomo said?! That is some pretty negative thinking. I neither say or believe negative things freely.

5. Rippon2

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have updated us regularly about the calamity going on in Italy. Even Cuban doctors are coming to the aide of the Italians. The death rate in America will be in the thousands next month. Before May it will be more than 1,000 in a single day. This is nothing to sneeze at. And no victim of this thing sneezes.

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is not one model of an infection rate ANYWHERE NEAR the % you predict. Italy is currently at 0.08% of their population and God willing that curve will begin to flatten. You shouldn't be talking like that, such talk begins panic. Further, there is little chance of it being truth.

7. Rippon2

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had low-balled it. As of today there were 400 deaths. Of those 98 were new ones. What sounds like unbelievable numbers will be commonplace soon. Not that we will take it lightly, but what folks thought was fear-mongering turns out to be a realistic appraisal. I had actually underestimated things.

Many young folks are ignoring the 6 foot distance guideline -- some older folks too. They are asking for it. Soon they'll be asking for mercy.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are you getting your data? The CDC's website says they do not publish new numbers on the weekends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watching Italy.
    Italy Coronavirus: 63,927 Cases and 6,077 Deaths - Worldometer

March 10th: In Italy, 10,000 have contracted the disease and 631 people have died. That is 6.31%

March 12th: In Italy, just 2 days after the numbers above 15,113 have contracted this disease and 1,016 have died. That is 6.72%.

March 13th: In Italy, 17,000 have contracted the disease and 1,266 have died. That is 7.4% death rate.

March 15th: In Italy, 24,700 confirmed cases and 1,800 deaths. That is maintaining a 7.2 death rate.

March 18th: 31,506 have been infected and there are 2,503 deaths. The death rate has climbed to 7.9%.

March 20th: 41,035 confirmed cases and there are 3,405 deaths. The death rate has now climbed to 8.2%.

March 21st: 47,021 confirmed cases and there are 4,032 deaths. The death rate is still climbing, now to 8.6%.

March 22nd: There are 53,578 cases in Italy and 4,825 deaths, That death rate is 9.0%.

March 23rd: There are 63,927 cases and 6077 deaths. ...9.5% death rate.

I wonder if perhaps there is a genetic predisposition to be more vulnerable to this disease besides the age factor in Italy. This, almost 10% mortality rate is something else!! I noticed their curve seems to be dragging out and is going up in like a 45 degree angle rather than the sharper angle up in other country's models.

BTW, the U.S. in now 3rd in the world for number of cases at 42,163 and at a 1.2% morality rate. I hope and pray that we keep this under control.
    Coronavirus Update (Live): 374,725 Cases and 16,355 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

God help us not to be on a similar path.
    United States Coronavirus: 42,443 Cases and 517 Deaths - Worldometer

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Italy at 74,386 cases and 7,503 deaths @ 10.1% death rate.

Spain just spiked at 49,515 cases and 3,647 deaths @ 7.4% death rate.

The U.S. is at a 1.4% death rate.

• Useful Useful x 1