1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Church and the Tribulation

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Askjo, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Gunther

Gunther New Member

I love how preterists turn statements about judgment upon the WHOLE world into judgment upon a microscopic piece of land in palestine because some lost people didn't believe in Jesus. Beautiful exegesis. [​IMG]

The O.C. ended when the veil was ripped in half by God. That is when HE was finished with it.

As far as any objection that people were still practicing the O.C., well, they still do today. So preterism fails in all times, in every way, and seeks to redefine words.

The events in Revelation will happen shortly. In fact, I believe they will happen in about 7 years. Not chronologically from now. Just, when they do happen. That fits "soon" "near" "shortly" "quickly" better than your 40 years wait.

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

So I guess you believe the WHOLE world was taxed by the Romans.

Luke 2
    1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

Hebrews 8:13

I have no idea what this is in reference too, but could you tell me where I could go to watch an animal sacrafice?

Let me quote you: "Beautiful exegesis". [​IMG]

So if your daughter calls you from a party and says she will be home soon, you understand "soon" to mean from the time she gets into the car, not from the time of the conversation.

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Grasshopper,

If you believe everything were fulfilled in the year 70 A.D.

Then, the question is, where is Jesus now? I do not see Jesus anywhere on earth.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

4. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

He is reigning in the New Covenant spiritual world,aka Heaven. His Kingdom is not of this world(physical).

5. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Grasshopper,

I know that verse well. Yes, He is now reigning within new covenant of the kingdom. This world is not his- physically.

I am asking you about Jesus' coming. You believe EVERYTHING all prophecies of both O.T. & N.T. are fulfilled in year 70 A.D. that means Jesus already come to earth in year 70 A.D.

I ask you a question, where is Jesus right now? I do not see Jesus on earth.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

6. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Ok, let me try this again. Go to the Old Testament and find all the references to God or Jehovah coming/coming to earth. Now tell me how many were physical.

Jesus' coming in 70AD follows the pattern of the O.T.

7. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Grasshopper, the O.T. is full of types and shadows. In the N.T., we get the full realization of things. So in the O.T., the Lord coming in clouds was a picture of what he would do in the N.T., when he comes back physically, bodily, visibly.

8. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

I agree, however in the OT types and shadows are physical elements that point to spiritual truths. Figurative descriptions to not point to physical realities.

Consider:

Matt 26:64 Jesus said unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto YOU, Henceforth YE shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.
    65 Then the high priest rent his garments, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy: what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard the blasphemy

Who is the "you" and "ye"?

Ps 68:4 Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
    Extol Him who rides on the clouds

Caiaphus knew the OT and knew Jehoavah God is the only one who came with the clouds. That is why it was blasphemy to Caiaphus. So did Caiaphus see Jesus come in the clouds? Or does the "you" and "ye" refer to an unknown people thousands of years in the future?

The timing must determine the nature of His coming not the other way around.

9. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Matt 26:64 Jesus said unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto YOU, Henceforth YE shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

I was wondering if you could tell me when Caiaphus saw the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power.

10. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

When the destruction of Jerusalem came that was the proof(sign) of the Son sitting at the right hand of Power.

How do you interpret that verse? Did Caiaphus see the coming or was Jesus mistaken? Or was He not talking to Caiaphus at all?