1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Church; Gender Reassignment and Your Thoughts!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 23, 2013.

?
  1. It is a sin, and should be treated as such!

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. It is a sin that God will forgive when repented from!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. It should not be paid for by my insurance or any insurance!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. It is one more sign of a morally corrupt society!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  5. It is a form of same-sex sin!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  6. It will eventually have to be discussed and addressed by the Baptist churches!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  7. I do not think the military should agree to this kind of surgery!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  8. I have no opinion...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. My opinion and thoughts are not listed in the poll, see comments!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I no longer know what to think as things are changing, for the worse!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have an interesting question; or, at least I think it's interesting...and it has to do with something I read in my HMO retirement package today!

Every year, my state employer has a enrollment period for health insurance, and while reading through the changes to the insurance-and I'm not even going to get into the rise in costs and cut in services-I came across an additional medical benefit being provided by most of the insurance companies my employer offers for us as retirees!

The new benefit is for "Gender Reassignment" and it is completely covered as well as the cost of hormones needed for the rest of their natural life.

I also read today where, Private Manning, just convicted by an Army Courts Martial for leaking secrets to WikiLeaks, wants the government to pay for his "gender reassignment" and treatment.

This should be an interesting court battle, and it could change the way the military does business here in America!

How do you feel about gender reassignment and what the Bible and God may or may not say about this radical change of physical being? I am attaching one of my infamous polls, and I hope many of you respond in voting as well as comments! This should be a controversial subject, as gender changed persons will eventually make their way into the church body!

I'll start out the comments and views portion of this topic by saying that it is as wrong as same-sex marriage and living arrangements! It should also be noted that the LGBT community does not recognise these folks, in fact there is some form of prejudice shown by LGBT folks toward these gender reassignment folks! Now that is interesting, isn't it?

Has this nation really sunk that low, morally??? :tear:

SEE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...rid7|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=362261

#1 righteousdude2, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  2. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

I think it falls in the same category as being a thief, liar, and a drunkard. No worse no less. Nobody has a problem saying to a thief that stealing is wrong nor do I fear telling a gender confused person they are wrong. The bible tells us what is wrong and I don't consider it a judgment. That is a judgment God had already made.

Of course the correct thing to do for ALL sinful acts whether it be homosexuals or theifs is to pray for them.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is certainly a good topic but NOT for the "Baptist Only Debate" and will move it to "All Christians" forum.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

All of the above prior to "I have no opinion ... " Fortunately, the military is still run by men and women who, largely, have the best moral, legal and common-sense interests of the country at heart, and will not pay for this twit's grand-standing stunt, which is more likely what it is rather than a serious desire to "live as a woman." (Note to Manning: You can change your looks, but you can't change your DNA, and God don't make mistakes.)

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That depends on why.

There are real cases where a person is born transgendered and needs testing to find out whether that person really is male or female.

I think it is insulting to people born with this issue that others without it decide they "feel" this way and want treatment.

Did you read the story about the woman who is physically fine but wants surgery to become a paraplegic? She feels that she was born that way and it is her right. She found a physician outside of the country who is willing to perform the surgery.

Do they really feel this way? I don't doubt it. The feelings may be perfectly valid, but it doesn't mean they should everyone should play along and join in the fantasy.

Save the surgeries and therapy for those who really are born needing it, not those who decided they feel that way.

Shoot, there have been times when I wondered what it felt like to be a guy. LOL It could be interesting! If they ever came up with being a guy for just one day, I'd jump all over that. I can imagine there are guys who have wondered the same thing about women.

I hope, or there are a whole lot of people reading this and going "AAAHHHH!!!! She's crazier than we thought, and that's pretty crazy!"

But no, there's no way anyone needs to be paying for someone to live out their abnormal fantasies. We as a society have the right to decide what is normal and abnormal in our society and decided to whack off your privates and inject your self with hormones of the opposite sex is abnormal. For a whole group of people to agree that everyone else should pay for the few people that decide they want to do this is even more abnormal and makes me wonder if another country should perform an investigation of our collective mental health status for letting it happen. :laugh:

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfourntaly- there are many liberals in this country who think that this "idenity" is normal or at least acceptable and even to the extreme that the govt should pay for it.

Interesting - when the conservative vote and have the majority - liberals say we are voliate their rights. But when liberals have the majority - they contend that majority rules - even if it violates our rights (ie being required to pay for abortion, ect)

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

Unlike the criteria to diagnose addiction, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc., the "criteria" used to diagnose "transgendered individuals" are subjective at best, and utterly fail to meet the most reasonable, minimal expectations of clinically evidence-based measurements. Essentially, psychiatrists and psychologists have decided that, if an individual says he/she is one gender trapped in the other gender's body, they are transgendered. Ridiculous!

There also is no historical data compiled from previous studies indicating that even misdiagnosed individuals over the last century met the "criteria" for "transgenderism" or whatever name you wish to give it. To say there are "real cases" is (no offense) to have bought into a political agenda completely disconnected from any acceptable evidence-based criteria for a valid mental health disorder. In fact, they refuse to call it a mental health disorder. Instead, it is -- boiled down to it's basics -- "God's mistake."

'Scuze me, but He didn't make those.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Actually, go look it up. There really are cases of people being transgendered and having body parts that belong to both male and female and not being able to be identified as either, needing medical testing to fully see if they test as male or female and even then sometimes no showing a clear identity. Hormone therapy is indeed sometimes needed in cases where the body does not properly make the correct one according to the gender of the person. It does exist, it's just not very common.

If it isn't genuine, then it's a psychiatric disorder. I don't see people playing along with other psychiatric disorders. "Why yes, you really are three people" or "Yes, there really are voices telling you that" or "Yes, they are following you and we must stop them by all means necessary." Can you imagine? I think someone smelled money with this one and they're willing to go along with it for profit and the sake of human experimenting and that's just morally detestable to take advantage of people in that way. They need help, not taken advantage of.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

You have your terminology confused. Those are not "transgendered" people, they are hermaphrodites. It is a medical condition, treated (usually) at birth by a joint decision of the parents and attending pediatrician, who perform surgery to determine the ultimate sexual identify of the child.

Transgenderism is an invented condition that misguided and wrong-headed mental health "professionals" have invented to alleviate some individuals from the pain of having to face life on God's terms.

10. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is always sin.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the point for the correct answer goes to......

.....YOU....you nailed the definitions of the two disorders on the head!

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh. I had to go look that up. Not you. LOL Thanks for clarifying it!

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is sometimes a difference. A thief, liar, etc. lives in hopes that this sin will remain private. There is not much outcry when society deems these acts as wrong – no push to accept the thief as simply living the life that was genetically thrust upon him. No matter what the sin is in our lives (thievery, homosexuality, etc) we cannot embrace that sin as our master alongside embracing Christ as our Savior.