1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Church Not a Mystery

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Aug 4, 2012.

1. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you suppose this says about our brother OR who thinks he has discovered a winning approach in making his case by making up stories disguised as thoughtful research?

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you for sharing your beliefs but the bible never teaches those things so I suggest that you reconsider what you believe. Christ died for all. I feel sorry for you that you just cannot come to grips that He is the Messiah of the Jew first and then the Gentile, but like I have said before you simply seem not able to believe the bible.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

To avoid derailing this thread I have responded to the above by thomas15 on the appropriate thread!

4. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    To use allegory, you have been caught with you figurative pants down. At this point you have no creditability. It is not possible to derail a thread that was never on track to begin with.

Have a blessed day OldRegular!

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You mean to get way from answering your opponents with sound scriptural logic. :laugh:

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have NEVER heard that!

As a Dispy, I always read and was taught that Jesus founded the Church at pentacost, and that BOTH jews/Gentiles have to be saved under New Covemamt by Yeshua, and ONLY the lst generation of Jews alive at second coming will benefit from the Physical promises jesus grants them when he sets up his Kingdom here on earth!

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Can you give us some names so we can see what these people said about this?

8. OldRegular

And the Scriptural basis for that "opinion"?

9. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dispensationalists I know are Pauline (mid-Acts) dispensationalists.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

John 16:24; Acts 1:8
    Jesus promises the Holy Spirit will come. He commands them to wait at Jerusalem until he comes. The Holy Spirit comes on the Day of Pentecost.

Acts 2:1 When the Day of Pentecost was FULLY come.
    They spoke with other tongues, they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.
    The prophecy of Joel was fulfilled.
    The prophecy of David was fulfilled.
    This was the beginning of the church at Jerusalem, and the beginning of the Church Age.
    Here, on this day alone, 3,000 were added to the newly formed church at Jerusalem.

The rapture is spoken of in 4:14-17. The Lord shall come back (as they saw him depart) in Acts chapter one. And the saints of God shall depart with him.

The second coming is described in Mark 8:38 and many other like passages when the Lord shall descend from heaven with his holy angels in power. It is a vastly different event when he comes to conquer.

Between those to events the Great Tribulation will take place, also known as Jacob's Trouble. The Second Coming will end that Tribulation, when Christ comes to defeat the enemies of Israel, "and so all Israel shall be saved. The Great Tribulation is described in Rev.6 through 19.

After that the Millennial Kingdom shall start. There are plenty of Scriptures in Isaiah describing this event. After a thousand year reign with Christ, then the Lord will create a new heaven and a new earth, and the eternal state will begin.

I have just written a few things down by memory. Others may fill in some gaps, add more Scriptural support, etc.

11. OldRegular

DHK

You have presented your opinion but no Scriptural support. I can present Scripture that clearly teaches a general resurrection and judgment! Can you present one passage of Scripture that clearly teaches a pre-trib removal of the Church?

12. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given the fact that you don't see the church as being comprised only of those saved after Pentecost but rather you place the redeemed since Adam in the church it is impossible to answer your question to your satisfaction.

13. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly Thomas,

In Hebrews 11 when it speaks of the saints...it includes the saints who were before the nation, those during the nation, and then us....which leads to Hebrews !2:22-24
    Thomas.....can you see this is just the natural unfolding of the whole plan?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Read again. This time slowly. I think you will find plenty of Scripture to back up my position.

15. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a word, no.

16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thomas can you show me why post 93 is given a NO????What was said in simple form that was not accurate???

17. OldRegular

If the dispensationalists would read Hebrews with the aid of the Holy Spirit they might understand God's purpose in salvation, in the use of Israel to bring Jesus Christ into the world to fulfill Genesis 3:15. Great things would happen!:applause::applause:

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is this type of personal attack, which goes as far as to attack the salvation of others, that is not needed.

19. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Attacking someone's salvation is an impossibility, it cannot be done. No one should be offended if they are bought.

20. OldRegular

You are reading what you want into that post DHK, something that is not there! That post was in response to the excellent one by Iconoclast. Are you dispensationalists determined to find some way to get me off this forum? It appears so to me, and I suspect to others.

I would also note that you were the one who bolded the words: If the dispensationalists would read Hebrews with the aid of the Holy Spirit. It is commonly recognized by Christians that proper understanding of Scripture is only through the aid of the Holy Spirit; at least that is what the Apostle Peter tells us!

#100 OldRegular, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012