1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #26

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 9, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Morning Barnabas and all you [​IMG] heads!

14º here this morning! [​IMG]

I will have to layer my clothes when I go to the corner this morning!

Coffee is ready, tea is steeping, hot chocolate is waiting and I stayed up all night baking Christmas cookies for everyone!

[​IMG]

[ December 12, 2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning Sue! My, that is cold. Be sure you bundle up, as you will go out to the intersection this morning. [​IMG]

Talking about Christmas cookies. My wife, Lenke, made some 800 cookies for the church family and distributed it last Sunday. Yesterday with the help of her friend and our older daughter Liz, they made another bunch. They decorated it practically all day. I have three pictures of the bunch, hope the URL will open up for you to see. [​IMG]

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/barnabasjh/detail?.dir=/BJH+Folder&.dnm=Lenke%27s+cookies+A.jpg

3. I Am Blessed 24

WOW, Barnabas! These cookies look professional!

[​IMG]

I started a tradition with my grands 20 years ago. I made the dough, rolled it out, cut the cookies and invited ALL the grands over so they could do the decorating. We made a day of it and ended up with green reindeer and red snowmen; but no one cared....we had FUN!

While we were doing that, it left all the parents free to go Christmas shopping. (That was before they all moved away). I think I will have four grands to help me this year.

I used to make 60 dozen sugar cookies and a few hundred other kinds to pass out to family, friends, and people who rendered services to us all year.

I have a couple of pictures of the grands decorating with me a few years ago. If I can find it, I will post it later.

[​IMG]
    §ue

4. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Good morning to you...
    Good morning to you...
    Good mooooorrrrrnnnniiinngg everybody...
    Good morning to you! [​IMG]

Everybody awake???? :D

It's a cold, dreary morning here today, and the caffeine is FINALLY kicking in!!! I have to leave in a bit to do some running around, so I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day today!!!

Later...CJ [​IMG]

P.S. I make Christmas cookies, but they don't look anything CLOSE to what Lenke makes!!! [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all, Just talked to our son. They had not admitted his wife to the hospital on Long Island and after x-rays of her chest and getting her fever down, they discharged her from the E.R. at 3:00 this a.m. She told him they said she has the flu. She's going to spend the weekend in the hotel since she was to be there all next week too! Morgan Stanley is paying for everything.

Thanks for your prayers.

Hope everyone is keeping warm! Oh Sue.... I can't imagine how cold you must be about now!

Diane

6. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning CJ and Diane!

I got to talk to CJ on the phone last night and she is SO much FUN! She talks just like she writes! What a hoot! [​IMG]

And, yes, she does have an accent, but not as bad as Diane's. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Diane; I wore layered clothing at the 12º corner this morning and since the wind wasn't blowing, I kept warm. All you could see was my eyes! :D

I have a pot of ham and beans cooking. I will freeze most of it for my Christmas company.

Am going to crochet for awhile. I will pop back in later, when my eyes start to cross... :eek:

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Morning back at all of you. Up to 12F, sunshine and NO wind. Days are sure getting shorter.

Got the fellow coming today for final measurement (measure twice, cut once) for the kitchen remodel. 4k of new cupboards + + +

Oh, well. It's only money. Grrrrr.

Not volunteering at Salvation Army to pack boxes or to deliver with my health problems. Feel like a slackard this season. It is a joy to serve.

Well, "they also serve who only sit and wait"

[​IMG]

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Now, Dr. Bob, I'd be more than happy to remodel your kitchen at a much lower cost. First, I'd strip and pickel those cabinets and put down some inexpensive place and press tile. I'm sure I could find you some nice baskets at the dollar store to hold your utensils. Say... $2,000 plus airfare and you'd have to cook me some good Wisc. meals?? Let me know! I could use the bucks!

LOL

Diane

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

[​IMG]

Hey! I resemble that! I've heard those Texans' tawlk and they're always fixin to do sumthin! LOL

[​IMG]

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't really care WHAT you wear when you do the work, but please WEAR SOMETHING! [​IMG]

And is "pickel" a cabinet a Georgia thing?? [​IMG]

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL.... You know those $4,000. cabinets in the pale wood??? Well... they call that pickeled! LOL

Okay... I'd wear my overalls and pickel your cabinets. It's probably too cold to do otherwise! LOL

Diane

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hello everyone,

Well it seems to be action stations around here. People phoning each other, Dr. Bob getting a new kitchen....My husbands good at kitchens too. Does anyone here have yahoo messenger and a mic?
    I have to get stuck into essays so I will do a quick whizz round the threads and look in later,

God Bless

Sheila

14. mark brandwein

mark brandwein New Member

Good afternoon, I stopped in for a quick cup of coffee and I am on my way to work. I hope everyone is having a great day. God bless. [​IMG]

15. computerjunkie

Gee, Diane... between your clothing choices and your makin' fun of my accent, you better watch out...I'm fixin' to have to sic Bubba Joe Clause on you.

[​IMG]

16. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Well, I'm English, so I don't have an accent :D

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

[​IMG]
    LOL... Oh C.J., you know I love a nice southern accent. Just trying to make Sue feel okay for 'tawlking like a yankee!' LOL

I hope you are all having a great Friday afternoon! This cold is still hanging on. Thankful it wasn't much worse!

Love and smiles to all my friends,
    ......................Diane

[​IMG]

18. computerjunkie

Right, Sheila!! NONE of us do because we ALL speak English!!! Excellent point!! :D :D

I got all my running around done today and I THINK I'm finished with my Christmas shopping!! Now all I have to do is get it wrapped!! [​IMG]

Got home just as it started raining. It's cold and dark with a gentle rain falling...so I took a little nap!! Just couldn't stay awake!

By the way, Sue has a slight "northern" accent, and her voice is a little deeper than I imagined. Of course, that COULD be because she has a cold! But having seen her picture, her voice and accent seem to go nicely with her face!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

CJ

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

C.J. and Sheila, I have a tiny voice but had a touch of laryngitis and when Gib called I made sure I told him I don't always sound like this! Gib has a very nice, melodic voice.... but then he IS a music minister. Donna has a very pretty voice. It's soft and sweet.

I took a nap too and woke up with a sinus headache and I'm out of homemade soup! LOL

I did my little bit of shopping for Jim and Jon online. Penney's had a big sale online for those who shop online a lot and I found some good bargains.
    [​IMG]

Diane

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sheila---I have a buddy of mine who married a Londonite and now lives there---he and her visited Miriam and I---and here's whats funny!

When he talked to us---he used his normal "American" accent---but when he talked to his wife or children---he used a "Brit" accent--

Blackbird doesn't HAVE an accent!! Everybody else does, though!!! [​IMG]

:cool: [​IMG] Blackbird