1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The connection between: Loving Jesus—Obedience—Eternal Life

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Okay, shall I start a new thread? ... It is whole new topic.

Meanwhile, why haven't you seen them in your NT?
    Do you have a Super-Small Print Edition?

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Start a new thread

No I haven't seen a verse that, when using sound hermeneutics, says your salvation is conditional after rebirth.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but what saved me was His grace towards me, and the faith placed in Him by me was His gift to me, so no good works involved in getting saved!

Good works follow salvation...

4. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When some encounter a passage that goes against their pre-conceived biases, etc.
    they say it won't stand up against sound hermeneutics.

Shall we agree that all born-again Christians are deceived about certain NT doctrines.

We all need to be OPEN to what the Scriptures are actually saying!

E.G. several NT passages state that habitual (unrepentant) sinners are headed for eternal death.
    Will they arrive there? Who knows?
    Paul (and others) loved to write such as ...
    "I am convinced that you guys are not of the type who fall back to perdition."

Aaaaah, some fall back to perdition ... but not Paul's church people, lol
    He doesn't say that God told him this ... it is just his (hopeful) opinion!

5. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    after I was saved I attended a church that taught you could lose your salvation. And I believed it. It wasn't until I read the Bible for myself did God reveal to me that that condemnation was crafted by man.

So where are the passages you want to discuss?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is tha theBible states tha Jesus is able and will bring home to heaven all saved, per Jude
    Great High Priest that saves foever those saved by Him, per Hebrews
    Jesus will raise up ALL saved by Him in end, per John
    Holy Spirit seals u and heAssures will receive eternal life/inheritence, per Paul

Jus too much to hold othrwise!

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith was placed in you by hearing the word of God.The Same way as everyone else.Faith, with out which we are are lost. For Me I confess That Jesus is Lord of my life. Faith And Grace is why I'm Saved. I was first chosen by Jesus and I have chosen to receive Him as Lord over my life. We were created for good works.
    MB

8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can someone be deceived and trully be born again. This is why the Holy Spirit dwells inside of a born again christian. If he is deceived then it's because he has not submitted the Spirit directions
    In context I would agree. There is no one verse that can contain the entire meaning of a sentence.

For those not under the Law but under Grace. All there sins have been forgiven past, present, and future. There are no scriptures that support the loosing of one's Salvation. There are those who take verses out of context to make it seem so. Yet when you read the entire book it's in or sometimes just the rest of the chapter. the true meaning is revealed.

The Bible is not opinion. It is the inspired Word of God. It is fact...
    MB

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard theGopel preached by Billy Graham many times as a youth, read books of his, bu tit took the sovereign move by th eHoly Spirit to enable me to understand tht my hope was in Jesus alone to save me.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The opinions of Paul were inspired by the Holy Spirit,so same as if God stated them!

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key word here is HOPE. Hope and Faith are the same thing

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would agree how ever some on this board seem to think scripture is flawed. Such as who I was addressing.
    MB

13. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Brother as the devil I couldn't agree with you more.

28“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Jesus Christ said --> 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”-

Please tell us Jesus is a LIAR.

Call Jesus a LIAR and I'LL sign up to your faith right now. Rewrite that verse for me. There is no way around he is telling you its easy.

The problem here is YOU WANT TO PASS THE BUCK.

It is absolutely easy to stop sinning. The only reason you sin is because you WANT TO, Your fault.

What you got going is a false humility the worst pride there is.

REAL HUMILITY is stepping up to take full responsibility for your actions, apologizing to the lord and then trusting him to see you through.

With God nothing is impossible. But you already made up your mind God cannot be trusted.

You think your smart enough to teach a dog to sit, but God is too dumb to teach you to stop sinning.

Your wrong there. God is teaching you to stop sinning now even.

You ever taken a hammer and just wacked your hand with it? Right away you know its a bad thing, you don't think gee that was great lets do it again.

Sin is dumber then that. There is no sin in heaven buddy. Somewhere between now and the last day YOUR going to CHOOSE to stop sinning.

Suppose you die 20 years from now, Ok you didn't stop sinning. You die God says don't worry you going to heaven. In heaven there is NO SINNING. Now you gonna have to agree with your Calvinist buddies that God turns a nob somewhere and MAKES you not sin. Or your going to CHOOSE not to sometime.

You got a clean up right now in life else there is a clean up after you die, <--pick your poison the bottom line is there is no sinning in heaven.

Ask God, dear Lord, when do you WANT me to stop sinning?

Come back and tell me he answered, No I don't want you to stop.

14. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, this is KEY.
    No one can believe in Jesus and His foolish gospel
    unless God gives him/her a small gift of faith.

Please note:
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the enormous gift of faith spoken of in 1 Cor 12.
    The 9 super-powerful spiritual gifts in 1 Cor 12 are given only to those whom Jesus
    has baptized with the Holy Spirit (with the initial confirmation of speaking in tongues).
    This special baptism is an anointing for some special ministry (e.g. intercessory prayer).

Dr. Thomas Hale says in my favorite NT commentary:
    God chooses some people out of every generation.
    Of course, Dr. Hale is like us ... he is not correct about all things spiritual.

But, I see absolutely everywhere in the NT ...
    true believers have the free will to choose to fall away and live a lifestyle of sin,
    which leads to eternal death (the leaving of the salvation road they started on).

If I may, it's all about overcoming sin to make you qualified for heaven.
    You are able to do this, IF you have the new nature and the indwelling Holy Spirit.

#34 Samuels, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What qualifes me fo heaven is the Cross of Christ, NOTHING that I ever could do!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we saved forever when we accept that Jesus paid fo all of my sins, or does God expect sinless perfection also?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, as he seems to think Paul and Jesus disagreed!

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiritual Gifts are not evidence of anything. They do not prove one's Salvation because they are far to easy to fake. Sometimes my prayers are answered and sometimes they aren't. This totally depends on God's will. I do not speak in tongues or, heal the sick but I do pray for others and also myself. I have not prophesied, or claimed any special gift . I don't need any of these gifts to belong to God..

No one is perfect but some are so far from the truth their only worth is Satan's delight.

It's true men can choose to follow Christ and be saved. However it's another matter to kick the Holy Spirit out of one's life. Once the Holy Spirit dwells with in a man He will not leave no matter how much you sin because we are seal. God's grace is sufficient. Satan does not have the power to snatch us out of God's hand.

This statement makes me sad because, you have been set free from sin if you truly have submitted to Jesus Christ as Lord. As I said before keeping God's commandments and trying to live by them is something no natural man has ever done. Christ came and gave His life because keeping the Law never saved anyone. We are justified by God's wonderful Grace, not the Law.
    "Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

MB

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I say following Christ was hard? I did say no man can keep the Law and no man has, not you or me or anyone. The Law showed us our sins and pointed us to Christ, that was it's only purpose. Read Romans 3:20 through verse 25. We follow Christ not the Law. The only thing the Law can do is show you your sins. We are justified by faith.

You know I admit I'm not perfect I still have a sin nature. However you never answered my question. Have you stopped sinning? If you say you have, you are lying to God.

Like Paul said, so say I. I die daily. I make no claims of being perfect and sinless as you obviously do. Your accusation is silly

Nothing is impossible with God, but, I'm not God. Nor do I claim to have such powers as you claim
    Why do you feel it's your purpose in life to Judge others?.

Rom_4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Note; this is a demeaning statement of yours. I've never made any such statements to you

Are you sure you're a Baptist? You speak of humility and claim you do not sin. You accuse me of pride then condemn me. Thank you for your persecution. Christ told us if it happened to Him it would happen to us who follow Him. You are not following Christ you follow the Law and it will not save you.

You still have no understanding of the truth or God's grace. I hope the Lord will show them to you.
    MB

20. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not baptist, he pushes a false gospel of works.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.