1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Doctrine of Justification: The True Gospel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ReformedBaptist, Dec 7, 2009.

1. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Sorry about that. I zigged when I should have zagged and ended up on the wrong thread.
    :wavey:

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

You are correct. I have a good friend who repented of his sins and turned to Christ Jesus leaving roman catholicism, but his wife has remain a papist.

It has gotten to the point where she is always seeking to undermine his bible teaching, has made statemetns that the bible isn't necessary because they have their church, et.

I don't know how common this actually is among roman catholics.

When I spent time with a roman catholic in college, whatever her understanding was from her church, she was so terrified of the Bible that she would not even take it from me to read it. I had to read passages to her.

Now certainly these are individual cases. But it is..well..weird.

3. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Wow, we have a total of fifty people attending our Weds. evening Catholic bible study. So far I have seen none who are afraid to pick up a bible.

I wonder if we qualify as those 'weird' cases.

4. ReformedBaptist

I said it was weird. This gal would not even touch the Bible she was so afraid of making her own interpretations. I don't think it is true of all Roman Catholics.

I do think, however, that Roman Catholics listen to their church over their Bibles though.

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clearly .

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not surprising, since the guilty don't often see their own guilt. A few months ago you accusing me of not really being a Reformed Baptist, despite not having any grounds for the accusation. Your penchant for bashing people instead of discussing topics continues.

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, the irony!

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Of course, I wouldn't expect you to acknowlege your own propensity to do the same.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

10. ReformedBaptist

So your accusing me of bashing people.

I am not saying that in a heated moment I would not. So, please cite those instances both of me personally attacking a Roman Catholic and of me saying your not a Reformed Baptist. I have no idea whether you are or not.

If you can't, please get back to the topic and stop dodging the subjects.

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you please give some examples of my having done this?

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You seem to be more interested in engaging in bashing than having respectful discussions on a topic. You've certainly done that with me, and that's undeniable.

13. ReformedBaptist

Ok, your feeling of that is heard. I am asking if you would provide an example. Where have you felt that I have done that with you. Why do you think it is undeniable? Please provide some links to me words to you doing this.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You might want to go over this thread and see if your posts aren't over the top as far as crossing the line between discussion of topic and bashng of persons.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=63140
    In this thread, starting with this page, you made the acusation that my church wasn't really Reformed, and was practicing heresy:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=61317&page=6

#34 Johnv, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  15. ReformedBaptist

I would encourage everyone, if they actually care, to click that link and read it. The discussion was on the contemplative spirituality and the emergent church movement, and then JohnV here claimed to be part of a Reformed Baptist church, which is not a part of any fellowship of Reformed churches.

So, yes, JohnV, you give one much cause to question, wonder, and doubt your "Reformed Baptist" idea when you claim:

1. To have emergent church practices
    2. Hold to a creed that is contrary to those practices.
    3. Refuse and to vote against being associated with a fellowship that would hold you and your leadership accountable.
    4. Refuse to answer other questions.

Go back and read what I wrote. At first I thought you were saying you were a part of an emergent church. Then you said your church was Reformed Baptist. The emergent church movement is a cesspool of heresy and a road to Rome.

And..whoah! Here you are defending the Man of Sin yourself.

I rest my case.

lol

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Which practices, exactly, are practiced by my church that are contraty to either Scripture or to Reformed Theology?
    What creed do we hold to that is contrary to said practices?
    Belonging to a fellowship is not a prerequisite to be Reformed.
    Ridiculous! You're making accusations without evidence. Again. What, exactly is my church doing that is heretical? You can't even answer.

17. ReformedBaptist

You tell me! Go back and look at your posts. Granted, I read fast and may have missed it, but you said you guys have emergent practices, not me. I have no idea what you do.

Do you guys smoke weed with your incence? :laugh: Your the one who said your church adheres to the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith.

Who said it was?

Go back and re-read our dialogue. At some point you lost touch with reality.

18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. I clicked on that link and it led me right back to the thread about Catholics being saved. Here are each one of my posts in that thread:

Didn't "bash" anyone there.

I don't see any "bashing" there, either. Maybe there will be some bashing in post #20.

Nope, I guess not.

Has anybody seen any "bashing" yet?

cont...

19. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...cont.

Could somebody please point out the "bashing" in any of these threads? This is really getting tiring.

So there you go, John. Literally every word I have posted in that thread and not one example of my having bashed anyone.

What's more, if we were to examine Reformed Baptists posts and compare them with the similar false accusations you made against him, I'm convinced that we wouldn't find any "bashing" in his posts, either.

20. ReformedBaptist

Can we now just get on with the discussion?