1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Elect are Manifested in Repentance and Faith and Good works.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Alan Gross, Jan 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those that are lost, the gospel is hid from them, and they believe not 2 Cor 4:3-4

And the natural man who is born under sin Rom 3:9-11

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They dont seek God nor understand God, not the True God.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You made up "not with spiritual understanding," Nothing in scripture supports that fiction. Since Jesus said the people of Matthew 23:13 were actually entering the kingdom, your fiction is shown to be fiction.

The forth soil of Matthew 13 produced "righteous faith" as credited by God. Thus these persons are transferred into Christ. Unless a person abides in Christ and Christ in them, they cannot produce good fruit. Nothing in scripture supports the false claim they were already in Christ before they heard the gospel message.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, still not addressing the fact of Matthew 23:13, where lost individuals were entering the spiritual kingdom. Therefore all this fiction about being unable to understand any spiritual thing is unbiblical.

4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, thats the crux of the matter, man naturally has no spiritual understanding 1 Cor 2:14 because truth from God is spiritual and needs to be spiritually discerned.

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, the Gospel is hid to them that are lost, their minds are blinded and they believe not. 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now as I told you previously lost men can and often do naturally understand the Gospel Truths, but unfortunately that doesnt count as Spiritually understanding, its only then a spiritual conversion occurs.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet again, Brightfame52 rewrites scripture according to his or her fictitious doctrine. Does 1 Corinthians 2:14 say people in their fallen natural state have no "spiritual understanding?" Nope, of course not. It says "no understanding of "the things of the Spirit."
    Does it say "some of the things of the Spirit or all the things of the Spirit?" Nope, so the Sect Brightfame52 apparently listens to has sold Brightfame52, and many others a biblical rewrite.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already addressed in this thread! See post # 103.

8. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its simple, man by nature we are natural, and the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God because they must be spiritually discerned, but the natural man doesnt have the Spirit 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I have already addressed. The lost have the Gospel hid from them, and thats that.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does 1 Corinthians 2:14 say people in their fallen natural state have no "spiritual understanding?" Nope, of course not. It says "no understanding of "the things of the Spirit."
    Does it say "some of the things of the Spirit or all the things of the Spirit?" Nope, so the Sect Brightfame52 apparently listens to has sold Brightfame52, and many others a biblical rewrite.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL the people of Matthew 23:13 were "entering" the kingdom" and Brightfame52 says they were not because they had no spiritual ability to understand spiritual milk. Utter nonsense.

12. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 23:13. "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in."
    If the scribes and pharisees can actually prevent people from entering the kingdom, then they are stronger than God, since it is they rather than He who control entrance. What is actually happening is that they are trying to keep people out of the kingdom. The best example of this is the case of the man born blind in John 9. Did the Pharisees 'allow' him to enter the kingdom? Not at all! They tried everything from argument to abuse to excommunication to keep the man out of the kingdom, but they did not succeed because God, not man, is sovereign in such matters. The Lord Jesus found him, revealed Himself to him, and he believed (John 9:38).
    And so it was in the Roman Empire and so it was at the Reformation; the Roman authorities did not allow their subjects to become Christians and fed them to the lions when they did so. The Church of Rome tortured and burned those who wished to become Christians, but still God's kingdom grew. And so it is today. Whether it is the Ayatollahs in Iran, the Hindus in India or the Communists in China, none of them 'allow' their people to enter the kingdom of heaven, yet the kingdom still grows in those very countries.
    "My sheep hear My voice and I know them and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all [including the scribes and Pharisees] ; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand."

13. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Cor 2:14 says the natural man cannot understand Spiritual things of God, like the Gospel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Gospel is permanently hid to the lost. 2 Cor 4:3-4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

As long as we are in a lost condition, the Gospel is hidden. Cant believe what is hidden !

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it says the opposite. Natural men cannot understand spiritual solid food (meat) because they are not indwelt.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The gospel is not permanently hid from all lost souls, Matthew 23:13.

17. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must cant read sir. It says 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Gospel is Spiritual things Paul and them spoke 1 Cor 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it is. Paul says its hid to them that are lost. The word hid is in the perfect tense in the original, making it something permanent 2 Cor 4:3-4

Now the only hope of coming out of a lost condition is if God gives us a New Birth.

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it says "the things" and does not say "all the things."
    Yes, again I said the gospel is comprised of spiritual things, but spiritual milk, not spiritual solid food (meat).

Apparently Brightfame52 either agrees with me, or does not understand the spiritual milk I am presenting?

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, now Brightfame52 uses a mistaken understanding of Greek grammar to support his bogus view.
    The perfect tense in Greek is used to describe a completed action which produced results which are still in effect all the way up to the present. Sample translation: “I have believed.” Notice that the perfect tense carries two ideas: (1) completed action and (2) continuing results.
    1) So the verse says yes indeed, our gospel has been hid (completed action)
    2) And this hiding continues up to the present.
    3) In the present, can the thing hidden be revealed? Yes. See Matthew 10:26.

Bottom line, once again the arguments used are both unbiblical and unstudied.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.