1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The false doctrine of the Immaculate Conception

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Maybe?"
    I would state that as believers in Jesus Christ we should agree that man has a need of a Saviour...
    For without a Saviour we all spend an eternity in the torment of God's wrath, don't we?

"What's the big deal?"
    Yes, the Lord can and does preserve people from committing sins...see Genesis 20:6.

But that does not negate the fact that all men are sinners as I've already shown.
    As I see it, you seem to be going from sinless perfection in this idea of Mary having it, to now proposing that she was preserved from committing grave sins against God.
    But that's not really believing the Scriptures, is it?

With God, it's not about "grave sins".
    It's about His holiness and what it demands...sinless perfection in obedience.
    The only person to have ever done that is Jesus Christ Himself, and He enjoys the unique status of not only being God in the flesh, but a man who was tempted in every way that we are, yet without sin ( 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, 1 Peter 2:22, 1 John 3:5 ).

Aside from Jesus, no other person in all of God's word was ever declared as being without sin.

People can chain together all sorts of reasoning, but unless that person can show, by declaration in Scripture, that someone other than Jesus Christ was without sin, then I go with Ecclesiastes 7:21, Romans 3:10-18, Romans 3:23, and many others when it comes to us as men.
    However, I also know that it cannot be done and never will be done.

So to me, your reference to "The Pauline sky" is about philosophy and human reasoning, not unwavering faith and belief of the very words on the page.

We're talking about God's word and about absolutes, not about some "fuzzy line of demarcation" and man's idea of what it is to be sinless.
    God's revelation of what it is to be sinless is to obey His every commandment, perfectly.
    Again, no one has ever done that aside from Jesus Christ.

So...
    "The big deal" is that I believe and bank on every word of God, and my reasoning takes a back seat to that and always will.
    I also hold that no man has the right to interject themselves into my relationship with my Saviour.
    No group of men and no institution of men has the right to command my obedience, give them money, or believe anything I'm not persuaded by my own studies in God's word to believe.

I only have one Mediator... not Mary, not the Pope and not a priest.

I don't go back to the Old Testament and try to replicate, in this New Testament age, the types shown there that all lead to Jesus Christ and His suffering on the cross for me and His rising again for me and others like me.
    I recognize that the entire Old Testament Law and its practices have driven me to one person as its focus...

Emmanuel, "God with us".

May the Lord God bless you greatly sir, in your life and in your studies of His word.:)

#81 Dave G, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And there you go misrepresenting Scripture again in your usual man-inspired SDA fashion.

You are shown a verse-by-verse OT/NT comparison of the Ark and Mary and you still deny the truth.
    Jesus isn't the Ark - he is the Word of God (John 1:1) that is WITHIN the Ark - just as the stone tablets and the manna were within the original Ark.

And by the way - the Law was written on the hearts of ALL those who followed God (Ezek, 11:19,Ezek, 36:26, Jer. 31:33. Rom. 2:15). Your case circles the drain here also . . .

3. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another useless and verbose SDA diatribe without an inkling of understanding.

It's painfully-evident that you don't even understand that your goddess, Ellen White got her "Nimrod/Semiramis/Mystery Babylon" manure from the pages of Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons". He is also the source for Jack Chick anti-Catholic nonsense.

Hislop had a fervent 20th century follower named Ralph Woodrow. He was so obsessed with Hislop that he wrote his own book called "Babylon Mystery Religion". HOWEVER - when doing some actual research for a follow-up book, he discovered to his horror that his hero Hislop simply MADE UP all of his nonsense.

Woodrow quickly pulled his book from print and published a work debunking Hislop called "The Babylon Connection?"
    Woodrow now runs a website APOLOGIZING for his first book and trying to make sure that people know about Hislop's garbage.

Apparently - YOU didn't get the memo . . .

4. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Uhhhh - it's glaringly apparent that you haven't.

I suggest you read post #43 - then get back to me . . .

5. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is NO such Church as the "RCC".

If you are referring to "Roman" Catholic - this refers to the Liturgical Rite - NOT the name of the Church.
    There are some TWENTY Liturgical Rites that comprise the Catholic Church and they are ALL in full communion with each other. They include the Maronite, Byzantine, Melkite, Alexandrian, Coptic, to name a few.

NONE of them are "Roman" Catholic - but they are ALL part of the Catholic Church, which is the official name. So - maybe you should do your homework, as I suggested earlier - and you won't continue to make these types of blunders . . .

PS - The Catholic Church was started by Christ - not a mere man.
    On the other hand - ALL of your Protestant sects were started by MEN from the 16th century forward.

6. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And everybody DOES need a Savior - as the Catholic Church has ALWAYS taught for 2000 years.
    Mary also needed a Savior, as I already indicated. She was simply saved prior to her birth.

You keep throwing all of these verses of Scripture out as if they "prove" that Jesus was the "only" one who didn't sin. NONE of them say this - they merely state that HE had no sin.

On the other hand - NONE of you has been able to refute Luke 1:28 and Mary's title of "Kecharitomene" . . .

7. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If I told you that YOU that your home had love because your wife is a lovely person - would that mean that it would cease to have love if she died??

Do you see how silly your question is??

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible never calls her the various titles Rome does, as she can do nothing for any of us right now!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true church of Christ is not Rome, Baptist, presby etc, as its made up of all ofg the redeemed, saved by Lord Jesus, regardless of their church labels!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mary did not have to saved to have Jesus, as he was conceived of and by the Holy Spirit in her!

11. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    She prays for us - just as our other brothers and sisters in Christ do in Heaven (Rev. 5:8).

12. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And that "true Church" was called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the 1st century.
    We see this in the writings of the 1st century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch:

Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church."
    (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY prayers that the Father acts upon for us are those mediated to Him thru the High priest Jesus Christ!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was the Catholic as in Universal church back then, as the RCC was not until much later in history, as was no papacy back then!

15. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, He was conceived by the Holy Spirit impregnating MARY.

Just as the Ark of the Covenant had to be blessed, undefiled, purified and untouched by the hands of man to carry mere symbols of God's Law and power - so did the Ark of the New Covenant, Mary when she carried GOD in her womb.

NT Fulfillments are ALWAYS more perfect than their OT Types - without exception . . .

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peter calls that Ark Jesus Himself, not Mary!

17. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev. 8:5 shows the Elders in Heaven "taking" our prayers to God on our behalf - and Rev. 8:4-5 shows the angels in Heaven doing the same thing.

STUDY your Bible . . .

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many Mediators are there between us and God the father?

19. MarysSon

MarysSon Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's NOT what the Bible (Matt. 16:18-19, John 21:15-19) and History (Irenaeus, Against Heresies) tell us.

As for "Catholic Church" - Ignatius uses this as a TITLE - not a mere description.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same peter said that Paul was Apostle to the gentiles, just as he was to the jews, were there then 2 Popes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.