1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Freewill Invitation system is a False Gospel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Bill Wald...

Sometimes maybe, but not all the time.

After all, there is nothing wrong with this...

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Freewill Invitation system is a False Gospel

We have Looked at the popular phrase of the antichrist followers Matt 11:28 and have found thus far to the honest reader that Jesus here is not inviting all without exception, but is actually issuing out an imperative, a command ! Next, Jesus command is not to all without exception here, but to a definite group of people with specific characteristics notice Matt 11:28

28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

You see that ? Jesus specifically is speaking to those that are labouring and are heavy laden ! The word labour here in the greek is in the present tense, they were actually in a continual state of labouring , the labouring of the guilt of experimental sinfulness in their minds, and Jesus says that they are heavy laden, sin is a burden to them. It is a matter of concern of concern or care for them Ps 55:22

22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

1 Pet 5:7

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

This should let us know that these in Matt 11:28 Jesus was speaking directly to are God's Spiritually born people convinced of their sinfulness and hopelessness. Folks for a man or a woman to come to that realization is a gift of God. It is a burden or Gift that God gives all His people to prepare them for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In fact the word burden in Ps 55:22 is the hebrew word yĕhab and means:

burden, lot (that which is given)

This burden is given by lot to all whom Christ died for their sins ! Its called a gift . Its a great blessing from God when sin is our burden ! Thats why Jesus says Matt 5:3-4

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Thats why it is false teaching when false teachers say that God offers one salvation as a gift, but people refuse it because they did not want it. All that is foolish talk, all for whom Salvation is intended for, God makes them quite sensible of their need for it, and they desire it !

God through Christ will sustain His sin burden people all the days of their life. In Matt 11:28 the word heavy laden is in the perfect tense ! God;s People while on this Earth will always have sin as a burden, its been given, it aids God's people in keeping their eye on Christ's Imputed Righteousness, and dependent of God's Mercy and Grace. Have you notice that the epistles always begin or end with the writer wishing his readers Mercy and Grace ? Notice:

1 Tim 1:2

Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. 2 Tim 1:2

To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Why did Paul wish Mercy from God to Timothy a Child of Faith ?

Titus 1:4

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Heb 4:16

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Were not these believers the writer was writing to ? Why would they have a need for mercy ?

2 Jn 1:3

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

I made this point because, many are deceived into thinking that a believer does not sin after conversion. Folks Matt 11:28 contradicts that delusion, for the burden of sin in a True believer will remain with them all their days of this pilgrimage, while in the flesh !

Finally, the call in Matt 11:28 is directed to a specific character of people, it is Authoritative in that it also enables, to bring about the intended results, Rest !

If any teach otherwise, that it is a call to all without exception, they are liars !

3. billwald

billwald New Member

>28“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Fine, if you are Jesus. Jesus knew only the elect would be prompted by the Holy Spirit. Or are you advocating a universal salvation?

Anyway, it is a far cry from singing "Just As I Am" until someone sacrifices himself to the preacher so that the congregation can go home and get some sleep.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So Jesus invitation to "come" (whether you look at it an imperative or not is irrelevant), are the words of the antichrist! Amazing!

You stoop so low as to call the words of Christ the words of the antichrist. You stand on dangerous ground.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Bill Wald...

And it is equally fine for us. Christ has qualified us, as ministers (all believers) of the new covenant, to proclaim the same gosple He preached, using the truth of the scriptures, and the drawing of the Holy Spirit.

And we know the same thing. Those who choose Christ in respsonse to the proclaimed Gosple..the "whosoeverwills"..will be saved. Those who refuse will be lost, as that is what they chose.

Of course not. Only those who choose Christ will be saved.

Its a little hard for me to understand a fellow christian having a somewhat mocking condescention towards Gods saving gosple, but that is between you and God.

#25 Alive in Christ, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Its very relevant, and those who do not rightly divide the Truth are on dangerous ground !

It is also very relevant to whom He commands to come to Him !

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm going to quote part of a 1998 article by Fred G. Zaspel, pastor of Word of Life Baptist Church, Pottsville, PA

The full article is at
    http://www.biblicalstudies.com/bstudy/contempry/altar.htm

The Lord saved me during an invitation. So, I am not so much opposed to the modern invitation as much as I am to its abuse. I have seen a lot of manipulation designed to elicit a response, any response, any kind of response. It's almost as if the preacher is unwilling or unable to allow the Holy Spirit to do His work.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He commands all to come to him.
    Are you telling me that there are people on this earth who do not have a load of sin that they need to lay at the cross and gain forgiveness? They are heavy laden--heavy laden with a burden of guilt which only Jesus Christ can take away--not their religion.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

How many of you responded of your own accord, your data analysis and concliusion?

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Thats what you say !

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Notice I don't change the Bible to fit into a "pre-determined" theology.
    I just believe the Bible.
    That is what I say.

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I just broke that passage down for the most part. Jesus is not commanding all men without exception to come unto Him, But a specific people, that He describes !

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That's what you say. :)

You weren't very convincing.

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats what scripture says, it does not matter if I was not convincing to you, for the Truth has still be witnessed to, and you are accountable to God !

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

This is what the Scripture says.
    You break it down.

I simply believe it as it is written.

So don't tell me about not being convincing. I believe the Truth, the Word of God. You believe your philosophies and your imaginative ideas.

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Amen, amen, and amen....:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

and the truth shall make you free.....

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

In my opinion you do not !

18. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Sorry guys. it's my fault.

When I asked SBM in post #2 "How arrogant can you get?", I didnt really think he would show us:eek:!!!!!!!!!

John

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats fine, to be called arrogant, now why don't you meet the claims of scripture that I have witnessed to in this thread instead of the personal attack !

#39 savedbymercy, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  20. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Let me make this clear. I have no obligation to meet false "claims of scripture".

I am only obligated to reject them.

Besides, you would argue with the truth.

John

#40 seekingthetruth, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.