1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Freewill Invitation system is a False Gospel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

seek

Show us what is false about the claims I have made with scripture in this thread !

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pass em the tissue box. :smilewinkgrin:

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Opinions don't count, and you have lots of them.

Here is the Scripture again:

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I have no opinion. I believe it as it is written. Your opinion is not needed.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

In my opinion you don't !

5. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

That's the problem with "systematic theology". You can manipulate the system by linking unrelated verses together to "prove" any doctrine you want to.

John

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother John,

Don't you know that anything short of double predestination, and that God predestines everything that everyone has done/will do, even down to what side of the bed you sleep on, what pants you wear, what color shirt, what you eat, when you go to bed, when you get up, if you were to rape someone....all of this is God's plan, and anything short of this is damnable heresy? I guess you didn't get the memo? :laugh:

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

It was predestined for you to make this post. You had no choice in the matter; you had to make it. :)

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And you had no choice in your matter either. So what? :laugh: :D

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When examined carefully this differs little from the Islamic doctrine of fatalism, one of their major tenets.

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

So are you saying that Islam is akin to what is being espoused by SBM, and those who hold to all things being determined, and we have no choice in anything whatsoever?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I'll tell you an experience I had, and then you make the comparison.

I was in a country where the leader was assassinated by a terrorist (many years ago). The incident shocked the nation. After awhile I talked to my neighbor, also a Muslim--but not radical. He said "This is the will of Allah." Now at the time of the event he was just as horrified as everyone else. But looking back he could calmly say, "it is the will of Allah."
    So any Muslim can say that everything that happens in the world is the will of God.

I wondered how that differed from a preacher a couple of months ago who was preaching on the sovereignty of God and the will of God, or more accurately "the sovereign will of God." He made this statement: "In the sovereign will of God we look to the past. Whatever has happened is God's will." I totally disagree with that statement. It is no different then the fatalism that justifies the terrorist acts of Islam.

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree.......

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Folks according to the inspired record, who did Jesus tell to come to Him ? Matt 11:28

28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thing this is NOT the biblical calvinism most here on the BB expouse!

ONLY those holding to "High" view of Calvinism hold to that, majority hold to a more moderate single predestination view!

15. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

"biblical calvinism"?????

Are you trying to make a funny? Or is this an oxymoron thread?

John

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please explain: Who in this world is free from labor, free from heavy burdens?
    Any guesses? Do you need some clues?

17. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are only two choices regarding your doctrine of soteriology. Monergism and Synergism.

Monergism gives all the credit for our salvation to the Lord.

Synergism robs the Lord of His due and keeps a part of the credit for ourselves.

If you are a synergist, as your posts seem to indicate, you are robbing God of His glory and claiming that your salvation is not "Of the Lord" but is, at least in part, of yourself.

It never ceases to amaze me how anyone can believe the bible and still think salvation is something they can initiate in and of themselves.

Jesus said, in Matthew 6:27, "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" Yet there are still people who think they can bring about their own salvation!

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just was addressing tha part of hyper calvinism that seems to be discussed about on this thread...

most here who hold to calvinism do NOT believe in that view, as double predestination is pretty much fatalism!

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you understand what type of Labour and burdens Christ is speaking of in this context ? Do you need some clues ?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    same as ones referenced in hebrews, that one can rest fro trying to get/kept saved by keeping the law, and rest/trust in jesus to save us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.