1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Gospel of YOUR Salvation !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Give Repentance and Forgiveness of sins !

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

What does it mean to Give Repentance and Forgiveness of Sins here ? It means for Christ gives His People forgiveness or remission of sins, that is an Spiritual Application of it to the conscious, by giving s Spiritual Knowledge of it Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Now the Word give here in both is the greek word didōmi and means:

to give

2) to give something to someone

a) of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage

1) to bestow a gift

b) to grant, give to one asking, let have

c) to supply, furnish, necessary things

d) to give over, deliver

1) to reach out, extend, present

2) of a writing

3) to give over to one's care, intrust, commit

a) something to be administered

To administer something or to apply something ! So Christ gives by application or by applying Salvation and the Knowledge of Remission of sins.

Until it is made known to them so that so that they receive it by Faith, they are ignorant of it, or it is a Mystery ! However because of Covenant Engagement of Christ on their behalf, they always had an interest in Christ's Blood which is for their Remission of Sins Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness or remission of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

So receiving remission of sins in the time state by God given Faith is but receiving God's Act of Remission from Eternity !

• Like Like x 1
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It means it is a gift.
    A gift, any gift, must be received by the recipient of the giver, by very definition. It must be received in faith. If it is not received in faith it is not a gift, for it is forced upon the individual and something he is rejecting. It must be received by faith, and thus faith becomes the requirement by which the gift of salvation is received. It is the only way by which a person can be saved, and always has been--by faith. Read Hebrews 11.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I just told you what it meant, the word give. Its an application of Salvation, and yes it is a Gift Applied !

• Like Like x 1
  4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

The Gift is received because it is applied by God. The word give in Acts 5:31 means to apply. The Knowledge of ones forgiveness of sins is made known to them through God given Faith which is a fruit of the Spirit and New Birth Gal 5:22.

Spiritual Knowledge is revealed to Faith from Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Do you know what revealed means ?

#104 savedbymercy, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You do not get to redefine words according to your own fancy. To give does not mean to apply.
    When I gave a gift to my child I did not "apply" the gift. I didn't use sticky glue and apply it on the child. I gave it and she received it. It wasn't applied; it was given and then received; received in faith.
    If it was applied then it would have been forced, as if glued, painted, forcibly attached. That is not a gift.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Gospel of the Kingdom !

Matt 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The Gospel of the Kingdom or of the New Creation 2 Cor 5:17

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

What is this Gospel of the Kingdom ? This is a Gospel [when regarding Salvation] that is directed to men and women who are in the Spiritual Kingdom of Christ by New Birth or translation Col 1:13

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Again, that is if it is to be the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13 or otherwise it is a message of Death 2 Cor 2:15-16

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

The Gospel of the Kingdom contains Truths that only those born spiritually in Christ kingdom will be able to see or understand Jn 3:3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Matt 13:23,19

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

In Vs 19 it is called this:

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom

1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

And to deny that one must have to some degree a level of understanding to receive or believe the Gospel, does contradict Matt 13:23

Now this does not mean that one will understand everything of the Gospel all at once, but it does mean, that whatever portion of Gospel Truth that God hath been pleased to send one by His Providence, that they have been spiritually compacted to receive that their portion of meat in due season Lk 12:42

And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

And from that point onward, Christ will continue to Shepherd them with His Truth by the Power of the Holy Spirit working in them 1 Jn 2:20,27

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did you deny it or receive it?
    If you received it, was it by faith?
    If so, when did you receive it? And where?
    How was it received?

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    far as I know, our friend has NEVER answered those questions, so guess we are left assuming not been saved as of yet than?

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Must Hear the Word and Understand it !

Matt 13:23,19

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

If we pay attention to Jesus words here, one must not only hear the Word of the Gospel to believe it, but also understand it !

So that means hear when Paul wrote to the Ephesians this Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard[and understood] the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

That word understand in Matt 13:23 is the greek word syniēmi and means:

to set or bring together

a) in a hostile sense, of combatants

2) to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived

a) to set or join together in the mind

1) i.e. to understand: the man of understanding

2) idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

Now in another scripture, Paul makes it clear that the Natural Man does not Understand nor seeks the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Also before New Birth the scripture says that the faculty of understanding is darkened Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

While alienated from God in the unregenerate state, the understanding is darkened Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

So it is impossible for an unregenerate person to hear, understand, and believe the Gospel of the Kingdom Matt 13:23, Eph 1:13

If one does believe the Gospel while alienated from God in a spiritual dead state of enmity, then they have done that which scripture states cannot be done, they have used their natural understanding to believe the Gospel

1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In order to believe the Gospel as a Word of Salvation the Spiritual Truths it presents to the Mind must be spiritually discerned.

To Spiritually Discern Spiritual Truth one must be born into that Spiritual Kingdom of Realm of Things ! Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The one in Matt 13:23 that heard and understood, with the Good Ground Heart, was one who had been Born into the Kingdom of God !

• Like Like x 1
  10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

How to tell a False Gospel !

How to tell a False Gospel ! A False Gospel opposes the Sovereign Grace of God in Choosing and Predestinating a Definite World of People to be Heirs of Salvation, to the exclusion of the rest, and also without God being influenced by anything in them, ii was not for anything they do, say or think ! This is so Taught in the Gospel here Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Now the Nation of Israel in and of itself is not God's Elect , for if that were the case, Rom 11:7 would not make sense which Reads Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel[National] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This clearly makes an distinction between Israel National and God's Election that was part of the Nation !

So Rom 9:11-13 is not referring to National Election ! So any Gospel that opposes Particular Election of some to Salvation, is a False Gospel !

• Like Like x 1
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did you hear? If so when?
    Did you understand? If so when?
    Are you sure you are saved?
    Then answer the question.
    Did you hear, understand and then believe?
    If so, when?
    Note: belief or faith is a requirement here. "in whom also AFTER that ye believed. Salvation comes AFTER you believe.
    Now that makes perfect sense.
    And at the same time God commands all men every where to repent. They must be able to understand and seek if they are to obey that command. I will just conclude that your interpretation of the Scripture is faulty.
    So say you; but that is not what the Word of God says.
    Before he was regenerated, Cornelius heard from God.
    Before he was regenerated, the Philippian jailor heard and understood the gospel.
    Paul was not yet regenerated when the Lord appeared to him and spoke to him, but Paul definitely understood what he said.
    And how do you account for Adam. God said: "In the day thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Adam ate; Adam died. The dead Adam continued to carry on an audible conversation with the Living God, though Adam was dead. But you people always did have a hard time defining what death really is.
    We use natural understanding because we are not gods, like Benny Hinn makes us out to be, or are you his follower. Neither are we deity as Jesus Christ. We are human. We are made in the image of God with the ability to reason, choose and have faith. It is your habit to take Scripture out of context and make it mean what it ought not to mean.
    If it means what you say it means, no one can be saved. But thankfully you don't have the sole authority in interpreting the Scriptures.
    And have you? If so when?

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Righteousness Revealed !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Righteousness of God imputed as Per 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If the Righteousness of God that is imputed to our charge is Revealed to us, to our God Given Faith, that Righteousness being also our Justification before God, then how is it that one's faith which that Righteousness is Revealed to, also be the cause of that Righteousness being imputed to us ? For in such a case it would mean that No Righteousness imputed existed before in order to be Revealed to God given Faith later; but the Truth is, The Imputed Righteousness did always exist for us before the Mind of God's Law and Justice, secured to us by the Blood of Christ, So that in God's Time He may reveal it to us in the Gospel of our Salvation !

• Like Like x 1
  13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Who obeys the Gospel ?

Isa 50:10

10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

Those who obeys the voice of God's Servants, such as the Apostles, the Preachers of the Gospel were Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

And as when this Gospel Servant commanded the Phillipian Jailor to Believe on Christ as Per Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The word believe here is the greek word Pisteuo and means:

to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

a) of the thing believed

1) to credit, have confidence

b) in a moral or religious reference

1) used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul

2) to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith

3) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith

2) to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity

a) to be intrusted with a thing

The word also means to commit !

As well in the Acts 16:31 reference it is an imperative in the greek:

Quote:
    The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding. Thus, Jesus' phrase, "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk.1:15) is not at all an "invitation," but an absolute command requiring full obedience on the part of all hearers.
    Now who is it that obeys the voice of the Apostles or the other Gospel Servants ? It is those fearing the Lord ! Isa 50:10

10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

The Phillipian Jailor was at that time one that feareth the Lord by New Birth, and was in darkness as to the way of Righteousness or Salvation.

However, now being also born again, given a New Heart and Spirit, he could obey the voice of the servants of God, and believe on, commit to Jesus Christ.

When God's Fear is put into our hearts, then we depart from evil Prov 14:16

A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Prov 16:6

6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.

Such a one must be the Jailor to obey the voice of Paul, the commissioned Servant of Jesus Christ 2 Cor 5:20, Such Persons to obey this command of the Gospel must fear God, and that by New Birth, because we men do not fear God by Nature according to scripture here Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

So it is those who have been given a New Heart by New Birth that obeys the Gospel Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Gospel of the Kingdom !

Matt 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The Gospel of the Kingdom, as it is for [ Salvation] a Gospel suited only for those birthed or translated into the Kingdom of God or of His Son Per Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Col 1:12-13

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

So it is with the Gospel of the New Creation 2 Cor 5:17, it is a Gospel suited only for those who are translated into the Kingdom of Christ, those who hath passed from death to life Jn 5:24 !

Its a Gospel suited only for those who are newly Created men as here Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Yes, when old things have passed away, and all things become New, A New Covenant, and the Gospel of the New Creation is proclaimed here in 2 Cor 5:19,20

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

And the Call of that Gospel to the Kingdom or New Creation citizens is Vs 20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Mind you, this call is restricted to those who are already New Creations or of the New Creation or Men Created New Eph 4:24 ! It is an imperative call to only the redeemed, reconciled, born again, New Creatures in Christ, and only them will be able to understand the Gospel of Reconciliation or the witnessed word of Reconciliation 2 Cor 5:19-21 !

To all others, this Gospel of the New Creation or the Kingdom will be perverted by them, or denied and rejected !

• Like Like x 1
  15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Man is not given faith "later."
    Abraham was justified by faith, the faith that he had when he believed God while still in Ur.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without Faith, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please god!

guess our friend forgot tht verse, eh?

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you understand post 112 ? Please rehearse with me the points I made, even though you reject them.

I have no disagreement with Rom 4:3, that is not the issue of my post and comments, deal with the comments !

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I know that, however the person who never has been born again cannot please God Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

That is Jn 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

So without being born again, its impossible to please God with Faith !

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How and when were you born again than?

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Don't worry about me but deal with post 118 that shows your comments to be unscriptural and false !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.