1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Jehovah’s Witnesses and The Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some might think that when it stated that Jesus returns with the voice of the archangel, that means that he was Michael?

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? Heb 2:6
    But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, From Heb 2:9

Was the higher worshiping the lower?

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: Phil 2:9

What name did he give him and when was it given to him?

• Like Like x 1
  3. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Christ is eternally Almighty God. For the purpose of salvation He became the God-Man at His Incarnation, as passages like Phipippians 2:5-11 teach. During His time on earth, He was subject to the Father, and a Servant and died on the cross for the sins of mankind. For this period Jesus was in a sense "made a little lower than the angels", of whom He is eternally their Lord and God. This time is also known as that of His "humility". Versions like the KJV fail to show the actual meaning of the Greek text, which really is very important, "But we see him who for a little while (βρᾰχύς, a short time) was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.". As this is limited to Jesus' duration while on earth. As we can see from passages like Phipippians 2:5-11, even though Jesus "became flesh" (also John 1:1,14), yet He always remained Almighty God, which is seen in "μορφη θεου" (the very nature of God), in which Jesus remained (υπαρχων, existing), even after His Incarnation. As He IS Almighty God, He could never cease to be God in His nature, and was always Worshipped as Almighty God, even during His time on earth, where there are a number of instances where He was worshipped, and never forbade it (see, Matthew 14:33; 28:9; Luke 24:52; Hebrews 1:6, etc)

The answer to your next question, is in the next verse, 10, "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the Name that is above every name, so that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth. You will notice that the Apostle Paul here quotes from Isaiah 45:23, where the Speaker is Yahweh, "By Myself I have sworn; from My mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance". By doing so, Paul here shows the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, Who IS eternally YAHWEH.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were is it taught in the Bilbe that "Jesus is God."? See.

5. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist

JEHOVAH AND JESUS CHRIST

MIGHTY GOD

Isaiah 10:21 (Jehovah)

“The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, To the Mighty God

Isaiah 9:6 (Jesus Christ)

“His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”

CREATOR

Psalm 102:25-27 (Jehovah)

“Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure; Yes, they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will change them, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will have no end”

Hebrews 1:10-14 (Jesus Christ)

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail”

SAVIOUR

Isaiah 43:11 (Jehovah)

“I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no Saviour.”

Luke 2:11 (Jesus Christ)

“ For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord

THE FIRST AND THE LAST (Eternal and Uncreated)

Isaiah 44:6 (Jehovah)

I am the First and I am the Last

Revelation 1:17 (Jesus Christ)

“I am the First and the Last

ETERNAL AND UNCREATED

Revelation 1:8 (Jehovah)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord”

Revelation 22:13 (Jesus Christ)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last

EQUAL WORSHIP

Isaiah 45:23 (Jehovah)

“That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath”

Philippians 2:10 (Jesus Christ)

“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth” (Hebrews 1:6, “And let all God’s angels worship him”, - Kingdom Interlinear)

EQUAL POWER AND PROTECTION

Isaiah 43:13 (Jehovah)

I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand

John 10:28 (Jesus Christ)

“And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand

ETERNAL GLORY

Isaiah 42:8 (Jehovah 42:8)

“I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another

John 17:5 (Jesus Christ)

“And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was”

EQUAL BLESSING, HONOUR, GLORY, MIGHT AND WORSHIP

Revelation 5:13-14 (Jehovah and Jesus Christ)

“And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, the Blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the might, be to Him that sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    οτι That
    αυτος Himself
    ο κυριος the Lord
    εν in
    κελευσματι command
    εν in
    φωνη voice
    αρχαγγελου of Archangel . . .

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the Angel of the LORD a created being? Zechariah 3:1 . . .

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do not hear very well. None of those referencee say, quote "Jesus is God" unquote.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Angel of the Lord is the preincarnate Christ. not Michael!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that Jesus is not?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    before Abraham was, I AM

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is not an Archangel!

14. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Jesus is Jehovah, and Mighty God, then what exactly does this mean, if not that He IS GOD? You make your claims that are not based on the Holy Bible, and attack when evidence is produced from the Bible, that you don't agree with? Can you explain Isaiah 9:6, where Jesus is "The Mighty God" (El Gibbor), which is the exact same Hebrew used in 10:21 (El Gibbor), where it is Jehovah?

15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect this person is a Jehovah's Witness

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know that the Angel of the LORD is not and cannot be the Archangel? Zechariah 3:2.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Pharisees understood his claim to being the God of the Hebrews, as they got him nailed upon the Cross for "claiming to be God"

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Micheal is NEVER identified as being God, but the Angel of the Lord was!

19. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Yeshua1 does not mind here, I would like to give my response to this. Firstly, as I have brirfly shown in the link in #85, "the Angel of the LORD", is the Lord Jesus Christ, in His pre-Incarnate Appearances in the Old Testament. Secondly, there is NO Biblical evidence that teaches that Michael, who is the Archangel, is Jesus Christ. Thirdly, As the Bible cleary teaches that God created ALL the heavenly hosts, including angels, are created beings: "Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts...Let them praise the name of the Lord: for he commanded, and they were created (bârâʼ)" (Psalm 148:2, 5). Fourthly, Jesus Christ is called both in the Old Testament, and New Testament, YAHWEH", The Name which means, "the uncreated, eternal One"; which makes it impossible for Jesus Christ to be a created being, which is what Michael the Archangel is!

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really do not understand. The Person who is the Man Jesus Christ is also Yehwah too. And is not at issue. God is not a man (Hosea 11:9) and the man is not God (1 Timothy 2:5). Now the Son of God is now both. And this is not at issue. What is at issue is asking to prove something that is true that is not found in the Bible. Such as Trinitarians who believe Jesus and the Archangel are the same person because the Son of God is the Angel of the LORD/Yehwah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.