The LORD said to My Lord…

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, May 14, 2021.

1. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each distinct Person is the one and the same God. Not three Gods. The word translated "one" is the same word where Adam and Eve are one flesh and to describe one cluster of Grapes. There is only one LORD [Yahweh] [singular] God [plural in might].

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each Person is God themselves, correct?

3. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not what I said.

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please clarify what you are saying? When Jesus was made Christ and Lord , was he then becoming something was not before per you?

5. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Paul

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That Jesus was Yahweh in Human flesh then?

7. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Paul!

8. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Men, brethren! it is permitted to speak with freedom unto you concerning the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is among us unto this day; a prophet, therefore, being, and knowing that with an oath God did swear to him, out of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, to raise up the Christ, (the Anointed) to sit upon his throne, having foreseen, he did speak concerning the rising again of the Christ, that his soul was not left to hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

for David did not go up to the heavens, and he saith himself: The Lord (God the Father) saith to my lord, (the Christ, the fruit of the loins of David according to the flesh, Jesus the Son of God) Sit thou at my right hand, till I make thy foes thy footstool;

assuredly, therefore, let all the house of Israel know, that both Lord and Christ did God make him -- this Jesus whom ye did crucify.' ----------- The Father did this by renewing, of the Spirit, after the Christ, being three days and three nights without spirit life. IMHO

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Rom 8:11 Acts 2:33 at the right hand then of God having been exalted -- also the promise of the Holy Spirit having received from the Father -- he was shedding forth this, which now ye see and hear;

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a yes?

10. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO It is saying God took, one, who had been dead and buried, like David at that moment was and is and, one, who was the seed of David and raised that, one, out of the dead and made him, both, Lord and Christ.

Yes He, that Jesus is God just as his Father, God.

IMHO.

I believe that is also what Paul believed. 2 Tim 2:8 Remember Jesus Christ, raised out of the dead, of the seed of David, according to my good news,

11. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the Son of God,. the Son of Man named Jesus raise himself out of the dead or did God the Father raise the Son of God, the Son of Man named Jesus out of the dead?

12. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is God. Therefore God raised from the dead. "He is risen."

13. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Relative to God. God the Father and Jesus, thou art the Christ the Son of the living God; relative to The LORD said unto my Lord; How would you apply verses like? Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle -- not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who did raise him out of the dead --
    Rom 8:11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.
    1 Peter 1:21 who through him do believe in God, who did raise out of the dead, and glory to him did give, so that your faith and hope may be in God.

Who in those verses is God. God the Father, the Son of God? And yes, I believe all to be God.

Was the Word the Son of God before becoming flesh?
    Was God the Son of God before becoming Emmanuel?

14. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is God. Therefore God raised from the dead. "He is risen."

We see Jesus all over in the Old Testament. Jesus is the Word. The Word created in Genesis 1. It was Jesus who sat by the Oak with Abraham. It was Jesus who is the Captain of the Lord's Army who Joshua worshipped on the way to Jericho. It is Jesus who walked with Mishael, Hananiah and Azariah in the fiery furnace.

The Word is God and Jesus is the Word. In John 8 Jesus says "before Abraham was, I AM."

15. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning
    This will be closed no sooner than 1230 am EDT- (Fri) / 930 pm PDT (Thur)

16. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed
    Feel free to start a new one