1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The NWT (JW bible)

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Askjo, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

James Whites research to be true?

Hummm I cant tell.A 7 part series proves him wrong.

http://www.av1611.org/kjv/ripwhit1.html

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. White would not consider himself to be an anti-KJV man.

And you have to document where he was wrong -- specifically. Of course that will be hard to do if you don't own his books and are just spouting-off.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, that's a new one,(at least to me). Does it say that in any KJV Bible of your choice?

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Sorry, but av1611.org is a site full of lies, slander, bad science, and ridiculous claims.

It is the "weekly world news" of "Christian" websites.

You'll have to do better than that.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh really? I didn't know we worshipped the KJV Bible.

That must be my problem! I worship the one true God instead!

Oh well. I prefer Him over a particular Bible version.

6. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Yes Jesus is the living Word and the KJV His preserved Word the final Authority on faith.When it takes someone several different versions to make their point when these bibles dont even agree with one another is sad indeed.

The co-founder of the NASB in the end rejected it and he was someone well qualified to say this.{Quote}How correct is the KJV Bible?100% correct.

Its amazing how the very man who co-founded the NASB rejected it in the end and others that had nothing to do with its faulty foundation defends it.Sad indeed.

God bless the Liberals who has brain washed their students in bible schools.When it is all said and done God will be the final Word.Thanks be to God my KJV Bible tells me I am saved not being saved as the other bibles.

Steven.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK...basic theology: We Worship God. The Word, Jesus Christ, we worship. The Word of God, the Bible, we revere, learn, study, live out...but God is not the Bible. We don't worship the Bible, but rather it's Author.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you show me in the KJV (any edition you'd like - there are many) the verse that says that the KJV is the preserved word and the final authority on faith?

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You sadly twist the truth here, sir. The man you speak of was not a "co-founder" of the NASB. He turned his back on a long-time friend and stabbed him in the back due to the influence of a false doctrine.

It is sad that you also have fallen under the influence of this false teaching. I respect the KJV, but I do not respect the KJVO doctrine nor those who knowingly espouse heresy. Yes, I said, "heresy". A lie cannot be of the truth so it must be heresy.

10. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Here is a transcript of His speech and I have heard his audio online a few years ago.Nevertheless its his speech and you seem to be mis-informed.:type:

http://www.scionofzion.com/logsdon.htm

God bless you in Jesus.

Steven.

11. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

If you trust anything on AV1611.com then I have some beach front property in Iowa for sale.

That site is full of the most misinformed articles ever written. That "chart" contains selected verses that are omitted or has parts dropped from the critical text. They give there evidence and reasoning for it. But that site makes it look like a conspiracy.

Read the article that says Hebrew has always had vowels. Total nonsense!!!!!!!! Even Jews will tell you that the Masorites added the vowel points in about the 5th-6th century. And guess what, those vowel points are only used in the Masoretic Text. You wont even find them in a Stop sign in Israel.

Gail Riplinger LIED in her book and it is proven many times over by so many people. Try actually reading the paragraphs from the parts she quoted. It becomes obvious she twisted words and wove them into a web of deceit. She lied and she knows it and refuses to retract from her statements. She even quoted the WRONG people for crying out loud.

12. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

All I can say is Jesus says a tree is known by its fruit {Matt 12:33}.Let me tell You the KJV has way more fruit than modern day watered down bibles.Logic proves the KJV Bible by its fruit outside of all so-called scholar-ship.

In Christ love.

Steven.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is due to the time factor. If the NIV, NKJV, ESV or NASB were around from 1611, you bet that they would also have proved themselves to produce much fruit. It has nothing to do with the version but the fact that it is God's Word, and that it has been around for 400 years.

14. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I dont know where you get your information from?Research the history of moral decline of American Christianity since the RSV came on the seen in 1881.Christianity is far from what it use to be.

The fruit I am refering to is in words.Modern day versions remove MANY words refering to Jesus,Lord,Blood,Christ,New Testament,repentance etc.The KJV holds Jesus in high regard while modern day versions demote him and his message in several places.

God bless in Jesus.

Steven.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

Yeah, pretty amazing...no one sinned from 1611 until 1881.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, where do some people come up with this stuff?

Oh well...if your assertion has no factual support, you can always make junk up...

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

The Greek word for the above paragraph is "lies."

17. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

#37 pilgrim2009, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  18. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Niv

The NIV Reader should know this.

NIV Calls Lucifer, "Jesus"

Lucifer, Satan, NIV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Just about everybody knows the word "Lucifer" as another name for Satan. The word "Lucifer" is found one time in the King James Bible.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

(2) But what about the NIV? The word "Lucifer" is clean, bald-headed gone and now this creature is identified as the "morning star". Lucifer is the "morning star" in the NIV.

How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

(3) So we know that in the NIV the "morning star" is a negative, evil figure. Right? He was fallen from heaven. He was cast down to the earth. Can we find the "morning star" anywhere else in the NIV? Yes! The following passages in the NIV show the "morning star" as Jesus Christ! But the NIV just called the fallen creature of Isaiah 14:12 "morning star". Lucifer AND Jesus are ONE in the NIV! Lord have mercy, Jesus! Help me, Lord.

NIV: Revelation 22:16,
    "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you [1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

NIV: 2 Peter 1:19,
    And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

NIV: Revelation 2:28--
    I will also give him the morning star.

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Sigh... I'm not gonna get into a 'cut and paste' war with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.