1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The NWT (JW bible)

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Askjo, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I have these [Bible attack deleted] bibles and what they say is true so you must be the one stretching the truth.Go get these bibles and look for yourself or you can stay in the dark about it believing your own fairy tales.

In Jesus.

Steven.

#41 pilgrim2009, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  2. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Im glad you aren`t.Makes no different where the facts come from.You can deny Abraham Lincoln ever existed butthe facts remain.

God bless.

Steven.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You might want to ty the 'swift to hear and slow to speak approach' you advocate in your postscript. You might actually learn something.

I once believed as you do but when I decided to investigate the matter for myself instead of relying on 'cut and paste' learning, I found out that the 'father of lies' was behind KJVO. It is a destructive teaching, not a constructive one.

To be sure, the KJV is a wonderful TRANSLATION. It was my translation of choice for more than 25 years before we went to the mission field. It was there where I began to compare scripture with scripture and found that many so-called KJVO truths were in fact lies. A lie cannot be of the truth.

May God open your eyes by His grace.

4. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Well for one I am not a KJVO.I am OKJV and there is a difference.I dont believe the english in the KJV corrects the Hebrew/Greek.I have compared many versions to the KJV and the deletions of major important words is scary.I cannot accept that every engish translation is God`s Word but the creations of man.God has opened my eyes to the truth and its my conviction that the KJV is the proper and correct translation in English.

To think satan only attacks God`s word in the Jehovah`s so-called NWT is a deception.These modern day versions clearly agree with the NWT in many places.You can reject the master deceiver would not attack God`s word is freely your right.I can honestly hold my KJV Cambridge edition bible up and say I have the infallible,unbroken,inerrant Words of the Living God.When it takes a man or woman several different versions to get the message something is terribly wrong.

Carry on with whatever you consider your Final Authority to be because I have mine that was good enough for my parents and grand-parents and great great grandparents.I am 43 years old and my grand-mother told me when I was 6 years old that satan was attacking her old black book and will mine and never forget it.My grand-mother is why I am saved today and she wasone that truthfully lived by her old KJV Black Bible and if she were alive today it would kill her.

The great revivals in the many days past were ignited by the KJV Bible.Where is that today?

Jonathan Edwards sermon Sinners in the hands of an angry God came from the KJV Bible.Sinners were crying for mercy.I see nothing but worldliness in the Churches today and most are not reading KJV Bibles.Carry on with your convictions because I will.

In Jesus.

Steven.

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to rudely return to the OP, but I prefer Pastor Larry's observation that "The NWT is a very bad translation. It comes from a horrible understanding of the original languages, along with a determination to defend a particular point of view."

I am hesitant to accept the "99 percent water, 1 percent strychnine" formulation because 1) it is a mantra of those who disparage the modern translations and 2) I'm not sure that any translation can claim to be "100 percent water." Given this 99/1 analogy, a single mistake or improper rendering invalidates the entire translation, and I don't think that is helpful or accurate.

Individual renderings within a good translation may be flawed and those from an otherwise poor translation may be excellent.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Attacks on God's word by Pilgrim reported...

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm - Just did a verse search on www.biblegateway.com Here are my results:

Jesus - NIV 1276 KJV 942

So the NIV removed Jesus? It demotes Him?? How?? Can you give specific verses so we can address the truth rather than broad sweeping accusations?

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread closed - it has wandered far off topic from the NWT to an attack on translations of God's word

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.