1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The real reason I am KJVO

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

...and in the various KJVs as well. Check it out, Askjo, since you doubt truth.

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Then check the same verses in the KJVs and you'll find exactly the same "contradiction."

3. Keith M

Keith M New Member

The only thing to figure out, Askjo, is that you're extremely confused.

:laugh: :thumbs: :smilewinkgrin:

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Please show me TWO words on these passages in the KJV.

5. Keith M

Keith M New Member

As has been pointed out already, Askjo, the same supposed contradiction is found in the KJVs. Go check your "facts" again. You're absolutely destroying any credibility you may have had.

6. Keith M

Keith M New Member

That won't help a bit. Askjo is confused, saying that Jesus' testimony is said to be both true and not true. Of course this false accusation was made without checking to see if the same "contradiction" is found in the KJVs - and it is! What Askjo refuses to recognize is that Jesus was responding to two different situations at two different times. He didn't contradict Himself at all, but Askjo just can't see that truth.

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You WRONGLY picked my post. It refers to modern versions, NOT the KJV. You did not read my previous post:

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I am not confused. Most defenders of modern versions are confused and blind.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Askjo is pointing out that the KJV uses two different terms - "bear witness/witness" and "bear record/record" whereas the other versions all use the same terms in the two passages - thus creating a "contradiction". He's saying that Christ's "witness" is not true but His "record" is - and that is not a contradiction where as the other versions use the same term in both verses thus...the problem.

However then he has the same issue with the original Greek since it uses the same term in both passages. It is not a valid argument if GOD HIMSELF made sure that it was the same word in the language it was written by His breath.

10. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Askjo, are you really that confused or are you just being obstinate even though you know you're wrong? Jesus responded to two different situations at two different times. He DIDN'T contradict Himself as you errantly insist. But if He had contradicted Himself, that same contradiction is found in the KJVs as well as in modern Bible translations. Askjo, I believe you're being deliberately argumentative and obstinate. You're trying to make an absolute untruth miraculously turn into truth. Well, no matter how you try to make it happen, this false accusation will never suddenly turn into truth. IMHO, you either seek to be obstinate or else you have a severe comprehension problem.

11. Askjo

Askjo New Member

My post above refers to WHAT modern versions said. See????

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You see red above. The KJV shows that Christ did not contradict Himself.

KJV - If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
    KJV - Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true

Perfect! No contradiction with the doctrine of Jesus Christ!!!

Modern versions show that Christ contradicted Himself on these passages. Therefore they affected the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you are saying that the Greek - the very words that God breathed out - contradict themselves? So the KJV is superior to what God had actually written in the originals? That is not what I'm understanding. It is the same word in both passages in the Greek. The modern versions are more consistent with the manuscripts than the KJV is.

14. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Oops, I quoited the Jw. It saiy that, "JESUS gave away to tears." sorry

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Did I say that? It is your false question.
    Did I say that? It is your false question.
    The KJV translators were wise to select a right word during they translated from Greek to English.
    Wrong! It is your false comment.

16. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Well, I believe everyone that CHRIST died for before the KJV1600 will be with him without execption. He died for his people way, way, way, back.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

It doesn't matter how slowly they read it; you will never be satisfied, because they are reading in context, and you are not.

18. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Jesus said that He bore "witness of myself" in the KJV. He does not need to explicitly state here that His witness "is true". So, unless you think He was actually lying here, this supplies the same 'contradiction' with 5:31. Would it help you understand if I drew you a picture?

#218 franklinmonroe, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What I find very interesting is that I'm looking at John 5:31 on this site:

http://scripturetext.com/john/5-31.htm

and it's showing that the Wescott and Hort and the TR are identical on this verse. So there's no textual issues here that can be blamed on corrupted texts.

Looking at the John 8:14 passage, there is a small change in there - don't know what it means. Can anyone read Greek and tell me what that last character that looks like a lower case n is? What does that change between the TR and the W&H?

http://scripturetext.com/john/8-14.htm

20. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is like talking to a four year old...that wall is there you can't run into...no the wall isn't there...that wall is there you can't run into...no the wall isn't there, watch...boom...see the wall is there...no the wall isn't there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.