1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Right Meaning of Romans

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Guido, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your views are mistaken.
    You invent your own gospel.
    If you read that book it might confuse you by presenting the scriptural truth, all those verses that you avoid, be careful

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was curious too. I couldn't find Chosen for Grace anywhere. Guido didn't say who wrote it. There are two titles "Chosen by Grace", both good authors. Was this a typing error or am I overlooking something or are we being trolled? As for your question, what would be the harm in reading a good commentary on Romans from a monergistic viewpoint? If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to believe it. Besides, since this thread started no one has suggested one single commentary on Romans not from an at least moderate Calvinistic viewpoint. Give Guido some suggestions or let him read what he already supposedly bought and paid for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry. I'm not trolling. What I did was buy the wrong book, as I recalled the wrong word when looking up the title.

#63 Guido, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  4. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's OK. Half the people on here are probably kids at bible college just playing around. You might also try J. Vernon McGee's "Romans". There are 2 small volumes, about 9 dollars each. He's easy to read and solid. He may not emphasize Calvinism enough for some but believe it or not there was a time when that didn't come up constantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1