1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

the war on Christmas begins

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — A famed fireworks company is pulling out of a holiday boat parade because "Christmas" was dropped from the event's name.

Fireworks by Grucci won't lend its sparkle to Patchogue's Nov. 23 parade — decorated yachts on the Patchogue River — because the organizers have renamed it the Patchogue Holiday Boat Parade. It was the Patchogue Christmas Boat Parade last year, when the Grucci company donated $5,000 worth of fireworks.

More Here

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I do not know if it is a company wide mandate but the Wal Mart here has informed it's employees that their store will not be decorating for Christmas. They will still sell Christmas lights, trees, ornaments and toys but no store decorating. Funny that right now the store is decked out with witches, skeletons, black cats and jack-o-lanterns. :BangHead:

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

All retailers are bracing for low to no sales numbers over the holidays. If they do not promote a holiday its probably because they are cutting back.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

It seems hypocritical to sell Christmas lights, trees, and ornaments but not decorate the store with those things.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, they didn't cut back on their Halloween decorations.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

A famed fireworks company? You gots to be kidding. Before this thread I never heard of Grucci or any other fireworks company and won't remember Grucci after I post this.

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica][​IMG][/FONT]​

[FONT=arial,helvetica]would appear to be bigger than what would be needed to produce a couple of hundred strings of firecrackers and a few hundred cherry-bombs, anyway.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Ed
    [/FONT]

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Yep, time for the now annual assault of Christmas, I'd say, from the 'secular left.'

BTW, I expect to get a 'Big Bang' out of this thread. ;)

Ed

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Grucci does the Macy's fireworks display in NY on the 4th and they do MANY fireworks shows around the world. Of course I've heard of them because I live about 25 minutes away from their plant and I've met many in the family - and remember a bunch of years back when there was an accident there and they lost a few workers. They do the show that we see each 4th and it's amazing!! They're definitely a big name in fireworks.

Grucci is a big Catholic family - very religious. They are standing by their convictions in the face of sure public ridicule. I applaud them for that.