The Word became Flesh and dwelt among us ( Jn 1:14)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was no change in spelling at "one point in time" . Even in the more 'modern' Tyndale version the spelling ( nay even some of the letters ) was not standardized . Standardization on this side of the pond wasn't until the early 19th century with Webster . In the British Isles it wasn't until Samuel Johnson arrived on the scene .

So it was a gradual process .

2. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    The key word there is 'likeness'. It is translated 'resemblance'. Jesus' flesh resembled sinful flesh, but it was not sinful flesh by far.

3. donnA Active Member

By the very defination if something is LIKE something else, or in the LIKENESS of, it also means it is different then.

4. EdSutton New Member

What "standardization" are you speaking of?

Even to this day, there are many differences in spelling and wording.

Is Jesus the "Savior" or the "Saviour"?

Does your "truck" (or is it a "lorry") move along the roadway (carriageway?) on "tires" or "tyres"?

'Jest' wonderin', for it seems to still be a process. [BTW, is that correctly pronounced as "'pros-, -əs " (prO'-cess) or is it " 'pras-,es " (prah'-cess) or even " pras'- ess "?] ;)

Ed

5. cowboymatt New Member

If this is the case then Jesus sacrifice was void because he was not human like us.

His example can't be followed by us because he was different than us.

And he didn't share in our sufferings because he was different than us.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Does anyone besides myself hear a convenient flip flop? When the OS crowd tries to make all humans sinful from birth they go directly to fallen man being created in the likeness of Adam, in which they with utmost confidence tell us that being in the likeness of Adam makes us all sinful. Then when it comes to the physical nature of Christ being in the likeness of sinful flesh, they try and tell us that ‘likeness’ only ‘resembles sinful flesh’ but is ‘not sinful flesh by far.’

I wish they would quit jumping long enough to stand still and get their ‘likeness’ straight and show some consistency once for all so that we can see what they really believe the word 'likeness' means. :smilewinkgrin:

7. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct! I made a mistake in there.

8. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are greatly mistaken as many of others are in their human theology.

1. So, do you believe Ro 8:3 means Sending His Own Son in the sinful flesh? You are omitting the meaning of Likeness there.

2. Could Jesus offer the Blemish, Spotless, Sinless Sacrifice with the Sinful Flesh? Read 1 Peter 1:19

3. Do you think Jesus could offer this Sacrifice by the sinful flesh?
    Hebrews 9:
    14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Jesus offered His Sinful Flesh to God? It is horrible Blasphemy to Jesus and to God ! Your theology must be scrutinized again !

Why did such mistake happen?
    IMO, you misunderstood the difference between Sinful and Sin-sensitive ( Vulnerable to Sin).

Look at the difference:

Adam before the Fall : He was Sin-sensitive, weak to sin, vulnerable to sin. However, Adam was not sinful before the Fall, He was sinless!

Adam after the Fall : He was Sinful, He was much more Sin-sensitive, weak to sin, vunerable to sin, He was sinful.

Jesus : same as Adam before the Fall, came in Flesh, weak to sin, vulnerable to sin, Sin-sensitive, but never comitted sin, never failed as the First Adam did. Jesus was never Sinful, Spotless, Blemish !

Your theology is a Horrible Blasphemy to God !

9. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some people suggested that only the thoughts or soul can be sinful, but flesh is not sinful but just neutral. However, Romans 8:3 already points out that the flesh can be sinful, and also Galatians 5 teaches the same.
    Our fleshes are sinful, born as sinners Psalm 51 teaches the same.
    However, the Body of Jesus was not sinful though it was weak, and weak to the temptation.

Jesus had the humanity same as that of the first Adam, the First Adam failed and committed the sin, but the Second Adam Jesus never failed and won over the great victory for us, and that's why He is rescuing us.

Therefore it is impotant to understand about Jesus that Jesus was like the Adam before the Fall, not like him after the Fall, taking the same Humanity as Adam did.

10. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the Fall of Adam, everyone suffered from the result of the sin, and the sin reigned over them.
    Then the flesh of all men and women became sinful and the flesh of Mary cannot be an exception. She was ignorant of her child missing, and could not understand what Jesus said ( Luke 2:50), she was accompanied by her unbelieving sons ( Mt 12:46-50, John 7:3-5) and tried to tell something, instead of learning from Him.
    Mary didn't live longer than Adam did, I am sure.

When we read the Bible saying

" Word became Flesh"

We can believe that God who created Universe out of nothing by words created Flesh out of Nothing by Words.

This can hardly be believed by pagan believers, atheists.

If Egg became Flesh, does it coincide with this ( Word became Flesh) ?

11. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you show Scripture where God created human flesh by His words?

12. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must remember this is extremely exceptional unless God sent Messiah many times. Therefore you can find this only here:

Word became flesh ( Jn 1:14)

But you know that God created the flesh of the animals by words ( Genesis 1). God created Animal Flesh by words, but not human flesh at all?

13. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Did God speak the flesh into being? Can you show me the Scripture?

Can you show me Scripture where He created human flesh by words? I am well aware He spoke animal flesh into being by His words but I'd like to see the Scripture where He did that with human flesh.

14. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seeing you are not seeing.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. ( John 1:14)

15. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think this body means the Egg?

Heb 10
    5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

16. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    It all focuses on a misunderstanding of when Christ came into the world.

Did He come into the world at the time of His birth? NO.

It was several months earlier when He came into the world. At the moment that God sent Him. When was that? At the time that Mary conceived.

When He came into the world, He said, A body thou hast prepared me. The body was prepared for Him at the time of His coming into the world.

It was not an egg.

17. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree - the Scriptures say that the Word was made flesh.

However you haven't answered the question - do you have Scripture that says that God spoke the flesh into being?

18. Brother Bob New Member

That does not say how He prepared it, now does it?

BBob,

19. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, there is no need for that!

What you said may need such thing, as you said "Egg became Word"

The Truth is very simple:

The Word became Flesh !

Ο Λογοσ σαρξ εγενετο

Here is another words:

Heb 10:
    5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Thou doesn't mean Mary.

God appeared in Flesh ( Genesis 18:1-15 and 32:24-30), He ate the meal and had His feet washed, and wrestled with a man.
    The same God, the Only God appeared in Flesh ( 1 Tim 3:16).

If the Egg was used, the Egg itself had a part for the brain, did it form another brain than the one who said:

Heb 10:
    7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

20. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the other Bible says: Word became Flesh.

It is very simple understanding.

Use of Human flesh does not coincide with " Word became Flesh"