1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured To My Friends in the Democratic Party

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually he called us True Conservatives. If True Democrat are #NEVERHILLARY then it only holds that it is True Conservatives that are #NEVERTRUMP. And really since he is pushing the #NEVERHILLARY he has shown him self to be a true democrat which makes sense as a Trump supporter. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#61 blessedwife318, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #NEVERTRUMP
    #NEVERHILLARY
    #NOTVOTING

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, come on friend! No need to play the Reverse Ad Hominem Martyr card. There is a difference between challenging your reasoning and “demonizing you”.

Such as the reasoning that you can’t be a positive vote against #NEVERHILLARY while also being committed against the only rational “alternative” in a 2 party race, meaning the elected nominee of the Republican Party. To try to be both, #NEVEHILLARY & #NEVERTRUMP just doesn’t jive in this election – IF you want your vote to truthfully and productively go against one or the other AS A PRIORITY.

So, if you’re not sincere about being #NEVERHILLARY , fine, that is your vote and you have made your choice. Just don’t be trying to yank our chain if #NEVERHILLARY is not your "true" priority.

Sorry, we of the Republican Party only give our full backing to those who are “FULLY” committed to the #NEVERHILLARY movement. No others need apply!

Again, we cannot emphasize enough that we have a lot of respect for the #NEVERHILLARY movement and assure those Democrats who are willing to make the FULL COMMITMENT to this movement that you giving advantage to your opposition is not even a consideration that has crossed our mind. [​IMG]

If being #NEVERTRUMP is your first priority just say so. No need to let your conscience about enabling Hillary make you feel demonized. [​IMG]

#63 Benjamin, May 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling me a liberal is not challenging my reasoning. You are obvious and transparent and use many words to say nothing of consequence. Your continued use of the term 'friend' is disingenuous and unChristian. I'm not voting so I'll simply deal with whatever survives the fire. You are going to have to accept that at some point. It not, oh well, it's immaterial to me at this point.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty much this.

6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His logic actually makes the Nevertrump people the true Conservatives in this race. While trying to be insulting he actually complemented us as the true conservative, and revealed him self as the true democrat. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was addressing "my Democratic friends" and you said in agreement, "Whatever #NEVERHILLARY".

Up to this point I've merely agreed with you and "your" (#NEVERTRUMP-eteer) reasoning, friend, and you might to consider that perhaps it is "unChristain" or at least ignorant to try make a debate personal rather than address the issues of the argument. - Which again, I've been using the #NEVERTRUMP reasoning not my own.

You seem to have a problem with my reasoning that a true and rationally thinking #NEVERHILLARY movement supporter cannot be double minded and take the worthless position of not taking a productive action against enabling her victory. If you want it both ways, too bad, sorry, it doesn't logically work that way. If you don't like the kind of arguments being used for the #NEVERHILLARY movement maybe you should check the source of them.

#67 Benjamin, May 30, 2016
  8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sarcastic tone is condescending and unnecessary. You are going to deliberately continue to use the term friend as a form of antagonism which is the only real purpose of your responses at this point.

The rest of your post is a fantastic and clever rebuttal to an argument that nobody is making. Also known as a strawman. I've made myself quite clear. #NeverTrump #NeverHillary #Notvoting.

9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa, I have been saying I think it is a GREAT IDEA [​IMG] for Democrats to commit to the #NEVERHILLARY movement with the same commitments of the #NEVERTRUMP movement, meaning to go right ahead and vote for a 3rd party. And I will stand by their decision. Once again, I fully support that reasoning for them and with no ulterior motive [​IMG] , you know, like it would give advantage to their opposition (the Republican Party), which according to the #NEVERTRUMP-eteers is not an issue to be considered anyway.

[​IMG]
    Sheesh, enough of this true this party and true that party stuff! I'm just trying to give the Democrats an example in how to stand up for their #NEVERHILLARY movement on equal terms with the reasoning of the #NEVERTRUMP movement groupies. Totally unbiasedly of course. [​IMG]

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man you really can't handle it can you?

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, my arguments have been taken directly from the reasoning I've been given by the #NEVERTRUMP-eteers right here on this board.

Such as:
    ...it doesn't give advantage to opposition.
    ...it is foolish to say otherwise.
    ...that both are of the same coin so it doesn't make a difference.
    ...that if Trump wins it is entirely the responsibility of the those who voted for Hillary in the primary. Eh, 318? ;)
    etc. etc.,

So if you find these arguments "agitating" I don't know what tell you, but that I'm trying to make as many #NEVERHILLARY friends as I can. You seem to have a problem with my reasoning for them??? I can't imagine why you, a "truly devoted Republican #NEVERtRUMP-eteer", would object to the Democrats committing to #NEVERHILLARY on equal terms. [​IMG]

It's okay if you don't want to be my friend, I won't hold it against you for coming into the "To My Friends in the Democratic Party" thread unawares that I would using my #NEVERTRUMP friend's reasoning for the #NEVERHILLARY position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't worry Nevertrump folks, Bill Crystal has a mystery spoiler candidate that you can latch on to.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must mean Bill Kristol...

I'm fairly certain Billy Crystal is as Democrat.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never gave you any of those reasons. It sounds to me like you are barking up the wrong tree.

15. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes please excuse my typo. But be assured, Kristol has said that he or she will be "impressive".:Rolleyes

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not hard to be impressive when you're being compared to Trump. Almost anyone would suffice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if you stack up personal wealth side by side, even among the 1%.

I don't take any of this as bullying, more like nagging: "If you don't want Hillary Clinton to win, vote Trump or you're a LIBERAL!" or "NeverHillary, NeverTrump and I will say this until Election Day". I get it, I get it. You don't have to make a choice but a choice will be made.

18. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Possibly. But those impressive candidates won't touch issues that Trump does. Not if Bill Kristol is involved.

19. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, your reasoning in this thread seem to be generally focused on Ad Hominem/Reverse Ad Hominem arguments and I have been trying to avoid that kind of “debate”, so…

I will, however, address your statement that those are not your arguments, only by taking a look at the first one I presented, as not to waste too much of your time on those pesky non-Ad Hominem arguments. So your argument is NOT that “...it doesn't give advantage to the opposition…if one takes their vote away from their own opposing party” IOWs, ("you've never gave me {nor would you give me} any of those reasons") you do not stand by any of those reasons, and therefore, I can take your word on it that you agree that taking your vote away from your party does give advantage to the opposition? [​IMG]

Hey, I will take you at your word!! [​IMG] And I sincerely want you to know that I can appreciate that kind of logical reasoning! But, shhhhhh,[​IMG] please don’t be giving my Democratic friends [​IMG] any ideas that committing to the #NEVERHILLARY movement could do such a thing!![​IMG] [​IMG] Thank you.

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dunno. Politicians have a habit of picking up whatever works and running with it. They stick their finger in air, find out which way the wind is blowing and adapt. Trump is good at this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.