1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured To My Friends in the Democratic Party

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought they were Democratic friends though? This is worse than I thought. Why don't you have a seat. There is plenty of room.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to say for the record, that I am really surprised that my recruitment of #NEVERHILLARY movement for the Democratic Party would be perceived as such an awful offense to my “Republican” #NEVERTRUMP friends. I just can’t image why my borrowing their own arguments would distress them so. But, I apologize for any discomfort that I may have caused them. Who’da ever suspected that asking for a commitment against Hillary on the same grounds as the #NEVERTRUMP reasoning would be taken so negatively here…

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not be offended at all. Seeing a Trump supporter be honest about the fact that they are two sides of the same coin, that Trump is a liberal, that no party owns anyone's vote has been refreshing. You admiring straight out that he is a liberal was almost as good as another Trump supporter admitting that they are totally fine with him trashing the Constitution because he is their guy. The honesty the last 24 hours has been nice and only reinforced why I am firmly #NEVERTRUMP

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we could do much worse, if you know what I mean. It may be that his disguise is that of being more liberal than he truly is.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need to apologize. I'm glad to know you have our back. You'll just have to forgive us for the confusion as we tried to keep up with the flip flopping of terms like Democratic friends and Republican friends and the hopefully rapid evolution of Trump into his full Conservative form. But hey look at the bright side. The flip flopping has simply prepared for us for the potential Trump presidency.

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, and please do keep telling my Democratic #NEVERHILLARY friends why they should support the #NEVERHILLARY movement. [​IMG]

7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure why it's my responsibility to talk to your friends. I don't even know them. I think you should talk to your friends about how liberal Trump really is. But rest assure I have no problem telling my friends how liberal Trump is. They will also appreciate a Trump supporters honesty in this matter. :)

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I'm about out of time, ...back to work. Thanks for the convo. It was satire BTW. Peace.

9. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I realized that Trump is total Satire the problem is his supporters don't. But the fact that you view him as liberal is a step in the right direction. :)

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have a good night Benjamin. It was fun sparring. No hard feelings here.

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you haven't figured it out, I was be satirical by using the #NEVERTRUMP-eteer arguments. I do not believe Trump liberal and I think it is a very bad decision to give any advantage to Hillary by abandoning the party on that issue. I could only hope that the Democrats would also be equally so naive as to abandon their party on the same type of commitments toward a #NEVERHILLARY movement.

IOWs I would encourage them to believe that they should stick their head in the sand and vote for a 3rd party (such as Bernie) rather than support their party's nominee and I dare them to hold to the same reasoning, which "certain individuals" expect and/or seem bent on encouraging #NEVERTRUMP-eteers to believe that in doing so would not give advantage to the Republicans. Fair is fair... ;)

I do not think some people are properly weighing the effects of Hillary getting to appoint the SCOTUS and yet others who claim to be Republicans seem strangely hell bent on encouraging those in the Republican Party to stick their heads in the sand, while they daily go about an agenda of discounting that there is any difference, or pretending there is no advantage to the opposition when abandoning your party, even disingenuously? denying or avoiding that they are making these arguments, if you know what I mean:

12. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I knew you were trying to be funny from your first post on but what I found ironic is you ended up being truthful. My personal favorite was comparing Trump's speeches to the Huff Post talking about him being an Alien. You basically told everyone that Trump himself can't be a trusted source when talking about his position. Between that and the shrugging of shoulders about how he will trample the Constitution because he is on the their side has been enlightening about even his supporters thoughts of him and his future is.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] You party diehards are hilarious. Doesn't matter if Jesus- D is on the ticket. If He's got a D after His name, y'all are gonna ride or die with the Devil-R.

I personally don't care if both parties get sucked into a worm hole and end up many, many light years away. I'm not gonna support the wickedness of one party just because the party enthusiasts think it's gonna give the other party and their wickedness an "advantage".:rolleyes:

There won't be any party standing before God's throne with me when I give an account for supporting or opposing that which is against Him.

But please continue. [​IMG]

#113 Zaac, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  14. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Until this year I would have disagreed with you but I can't any more. That is one of the things that makes me sad about Trump's nomination and why both my husband and I will be dropping our Republican registration after the convention. I won't for a liberal democrat just because he has an R after his name and I'm sad at the number of people supposedly on the right that will.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It truly grows more shameless with every election cycle just how many folks who profess to love Jesus have no problem tossing that "love" aside to place their support behind folks who OBVIOUSLY "don't think" they need to be forgiven because they are their own god.

I think a lot of folks need to do as Scripture says and "Examine yourself to see if you are in the faith". Because if folks can time and time again dismiss the offense towards Christ of some of these candidates just because they are the nominee of the party of choice, I would be scared out of my mind that I might just be one of those folks whom Christ says "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It's like telling your wife that you love her but when it comes time to pick between her and Miss America, you always pick Miss America.

16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And with Zaac's derailment of questioning the faith of those opposed to his agenda, I'll have the thread closed please.

17. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closed at OP's request.

Thread Status: