1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured To say salvation is by "faith alone" is a false gospel.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Robert William, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

John 3:17 & 18 tells us who gets thrown into hell.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Do you see those who believeth not are condemned, why are they condemned because of unbelief, lack of Faith. You haven't shown me anywhere in this passage where Jesus stated that those who are condemned are condemned by the choice of God, He says they are condemned because of unbelief.

You see we go to 1st John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Do you see Christ paid, became the Propitiation for the sins of the just that is our sin and for the unjust the sins of the whole world.

In Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Peter said God is no respecter of persons, so if everyone is the same in His eyes how does He from your view choose who is His and who is condemned/

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Romans 9:30 "What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith."

Righteousness comes to all who believe, Israel had believers and unbelievers, in Christ day they were trying to find Righteousness by following the Law but the Law never saved anyone, it shows what God demands for salvation. Christ met those demands and ALL who place their Faith in Him obtain righteousness. God imputes Righteousness to all who have placed their Faith in Christ and it that is Righteous covers us and keeps those who have Christ from condemnation.

3. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times do I have to keep pasting the same scriptures showing the depravity of man, you say man can and scriptures teaches us that the natural man will not receive the things of God, but you keep saying over and over again that he can.:BangHead:

Mans Depravity= Both REAL Arminians and Calvinists Agree

It is man who is deceitful (Jer. 17:9), full of evil (Mark 7:21-23)
    loves darkness (John 3:19),
    does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12),
    is ungodly (Rom. 5:6),
    dead in his sins (Eph. 2:1),
    by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3),
    cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14),
    a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20)
    Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me (Psalm 51:5)

13 reasons semi pelagians/pelagians are wrong !

1)man has a heart that is deceitful (Jer. 17:9)
    2)man is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23)
    3)man loves darkness (John 3:19),
    4)man does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12),
    5)man is ungodly (Rom. 5:6),
    6)man is dead in his sins (Eph. 2:1),
    7)man by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3),
    8)man cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14),
    9)man is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20)
    10)man is sinful in the womb and conceived in sin(Psalm 51:5)
    11)man cannot do good(Romans 3:10)
    12) man hates God (Rom 8:7)
    13)man loves sin (1 John 3:19)

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Man is totally depraved I didn't realize you thought I did not agree with that. That is why God in His grace saves man by Faith

Ephesians 2:8 & 9, 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The gift of course is Salvation by Faith in Christ because by God's Grace He saves man. Through Grace God provided Christ as the Propitiation for the sins of all mankind, as 1st John 2:2 states for the whole world. That is every person ever born.

Man's depravity is not the question, the question is Faith and if faith is works and it isn't.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes when one hears the gospel as presented by another believer and calls upon Christ in Faith as Romans 10:13 states.

The natural man is everyone who has not received Christ by Faith. Once they are saved and Spiritually alive they understand spiritual things.

1st Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

No one can understand scripture until they have by Faith that is they have believed in the Son Jesus Christ and at the moment they are saved by Faith the Holy Spirit indwells and fills them. The indwelling Spirit remains in our lives the filling is lost when we walk in sin, but when we confess as 1st John 1:9 says, then fellowship is restored and the Filling or control of the Holy Spirit returns and we can again understand Spiritual things.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sounds like the Grace Revolution doctrine? :flower:

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I jumped to the last page because it should be obvious (and hopefully someone else pointed this out) that one's faith needs an object.

I have faith that the sun will come up in the AM (well maybe not here in the State of WA).

so, faith in what? - the NT definition of the "what" of the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1-5.

HankD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.