To Those Who Hate Calvinism: What is Your BIG problem With it?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, May 9, 2013.

1. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do non-Calvinists hate Calvinism? Scripture teaches we should be intolerant of false teachers. Calvinism makes scripture to no effect.

No word of scripture is safe from the constant redefinition to nullify scripture. Instead of forbearance meaning to withhold wrath to provide time for people to come to repentance and faith, forbearance is redefined to mean applying the blood of Christ to OTS before Christ shed His blood, i.e. going through a door that was planned, rather than one that was provided.

Choice as in God sets before us the choice of life and death, means non-choice as in God sets for some death only and before others life only.

Being born anew through the resurrection of Christ, means being born anew before the resurrection of Christ.

No one seeks God becomes, no one seeks God at any time.

Whoever believes becomes whoever God causes to believe.

Christ laid down His life as a ransom for all becomes Christ laid down His life for a ransom for all the elect, never mind the false teacher was bought with His blood.

Men entering heaven were not entering heaven.

Men receiving the gospel with joy really hated God and were unable to set their minds anywhere but on the flesh.

On and on it goes, twaddle to the max.

2. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not say I "loath" him. You did and incorrectly. Again what does Caner have to do with this and what would instigate you to bring him up at all. Very puzzling.

3. DrJamesAch New Member

Yes I have read White's book, several times. I even have a section on my website written by Will Kinney-A CALVINIST-that debunks all of his claims and I have had quite a bit of personal correspondence with White.

4. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok? so why does that need to be brought up in this thread?

5. jonathanD New Member

If you were a fan of Caner, it would make sense if you have no respect or affection for White.

Just trying to shed some light...I'm not even following this thread all that closely. I'm just killing some time on my lunch break!

6. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose that could be one of any number of reasons. It is odd to pick it out of all of them. Weird.

7. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Telll you what....I've read Dr. White's book 3 times....and you know what???

It basically sux....NOT IMPRESSED!!!

I've read FAR MORE anti-KJV literature than I have pro-KJV lit...and White's book absolutely sux sir...

It's not profound....It is not the end-all-be-all that you seem to think it is.

Dr. White is FANTASTIC when it comes to arguing against cults and Islam etc...and there can be no GREATER calling.

White is Prima Facie par-excellance on those topics....but if someone actually BELIEVES that he has settled the KJV question for all time.....
    Then.......I think you have limited knowledge of the topic.

8. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well hold on to your pants bud because here it comes. You will now be trounsed on with all the force Calvinists can muster. Good luck.

9. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Dude....back me up on this....White is REALLY SMART....and absolutely AWESOME as pertaining to debating Cults, Islam, the Resurrection of Christ et al.....But he doesn't understand a fig about the KJV debate no?

He should have let that one go, and simply work on what he was good at yes?

10. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please give specific examples to buttress your wild claims.

I would especially like you to explain why you consider dr. White a "Bible agnostic."

11. DrJamesAch New Member

When I sent my last correspondence to James White asking that if only the originals were inspired, which one of the 7 letters of Revelation that John sent to the 7 churches was the original, he stopped responding, and he now doesn't respond to either me or Will Kinney unless it's some sideswipe that he makes on his YouTube channel.

And White showed his dishonesty when he published all of the correspondence between him and Peter Ruckman, but didn't post the last letter between him and Ruckman where Ruckman agreed to his terms even though White wanted rules for his debate that favored more "scholars" and more time to argue his point than Ruckman would have for his. Ruckman then not only answered all 7 of White's texts, and wrote a book about it called The Scholarship Onlyism Debate which James White has never answered. Ruckman took the time to answer White's entire book, but White can't return the favor after all the hype?

12. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbs::jesus:I tend to think that I can say anything better than anyone who has previously stated it (that's just my pride)........... but I know for a fact I couldn't have said what you just said BETTER than you just did.

You get a "10" out of a possible "10" for that one :thumbs:
    Dead......on........accurate.

13. jonathanD New Member

That description also caught my eye...I'm not sure what it means.

14. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your reasoning is suspect. You say you have no respect whatsoever for Dr. White. Then,when asked spifiically why...WELL...ER...UM.. YOU CAN'T SAY EXACTLY WHY.

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the fall of adam affect mankind?

Did isaiah/jeremiah?paul all say that we are in our hearts wicked/unpure, not lovers of God but selves?

Can the minds of those not saved have a saving knowledge of the Gospel message, or do they need the HS Himself to open their herats and minds to the truth in order to be saved?

How can jesus death be the propiation for the sins of all, yet most would refuse him?

God had a faithful remant of Jews throughout history of isreal that he called out, and the book of Revelation shows us that he saved out from every tongue/tribe/nation a remnant for His namesake..

per paul, who are you and me to tell the almighty how He is to do salvation?

Could it be that there are actually MORE that are saved thru His selection than if he left it to just our selection ogf Him?

16. Winman Active Member

Calvinism is ANTI-scripture, it teaches the exact opposite of what the word of God truly says.

Calvinism says a man must be made spiritually alive before he has the ability to believe the gospel, the word of God says a man must believe the gospel before he can have spiritual life (John 20:31).

Calvinism teaches that a man is chosen outside of Christ before the foundation of the world and then given to Christ. The scriptures teach that a man is chosen IN CHRIST only (Eph 1:4, 2 Thes 2:13) in time (Rom 16:7). Of course, God in his foreknowledge knows who will believe in time, and these are those who were given to Jesus. But they were chosen only IN Christ.

Calvinism teaches all men are born dead in sin, the scriptures teach that God has made all men upright, but they have sought many inventions (Ecc 7:29). Paul said he was ALIVE without the law once, but when the commandment came, sin revived and he died. When the prodigal son repented, twice Jesus said he was alive AGAIN, showing he was not born dead in sin as Calvinism and Augustine falsely taught.

Calvinism is ANTI-scripture.

17. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me the post where I did this.

18. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks

Thanks, I always try to present truth, but it is nice to get feedback that I actually came close to the mark. Van

19. preacher4truth Active Member

Even more misrepresentation on your part. Go figure.

I've given you solid Scriptural evidence. You say Calvinists cannot know in essence whether they are elect or not. I showed Biblical evidence we in fact can. I also showed elect and saved to be synonymous terminologies, which is obviously something you cannot come to grips with. You see them as two differing states when they are one and the same as the Apostles used this term for those saved calling them elect.

Now, argue against the exact text I gave you that says '...knowing brothers your election of God...BECAUSE...'

By the way I answered your ORIGINAL question right there, so put an end to your circular confusion as you HAVE been answered BIBLICALLY.

Your Psalms absurdity is moot and you know it doesn't exist, thus you continue to use it to bolster your straw man accusation. Stick to the text given without your absurdities in Psalms &c.

One more time: stick to the text given. It blows your myth and straw man out of the water. Plainly the Word shows you to be incorrect, so you bring in straw man arguments and red herrings and absurd accusations.

Dismantle the Word and Scriptural passage given and PROVE me wrong right there which shows we DO know.

Go for it.

The fact is you cannot do it. It is concise and plain. We DO know. Yet you've given an invalid and false straw man argument...a caricature then you argue within your false caricature.

You're without any argument other than pulling straws with your 'written in Psalms' argument when plainly it is written in the text I've supplied and as others and I have shared there are more texts proving you incorrect.

- Blessings

20. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obfuscation to the Max

1) Yeshua1 claims he does not know that the many were made sinners. Calvinist Obfuscation

2) Yeshua1 claims he does not know every intention of the thought of our heart of stone is wicked. Calvinist Obfuscation

3) Yeshua1 claims a person's knowledge of the gospel is what saves him or her. Utterly false! God sets us apart in Christ based on crediting our faith and devotion to Christ as righteousness

4) Yeshua1 claims Christ did not become the propitiation for the whole world. Utterly false. 1 John 2:2.

5) Yeshua1 claims God did not reserve for Himself 7000 who have not bowed a knee to Baal. God chooses those whose faith He credits as righteousness in every generation.

6) Yeshua1 claims God has not told us in His Word how He saves people, i.e. through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and faith in the truth.

7) Yeshua1 claims others besides those whose faith is credited as righteousness, are saved. Utter nonsense! No one comes to the Father except through the Son, no one.

All these basic truths are clearly and plainly taught in scripture, thus Calvinism claims scripture is to no effect.