Transgendered Member?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by TeslaTrav, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure you are capable of reading back through the thread.

2. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn’t bring up the quote from the story, you did. I merely pointed out some obvious items.

Skipping to the last of your post:

You think I am “defending this lifestyle.”

Nothing further from the truth!

But, I have no authority to change the person. I may at best do as you pointed out - disciple and teach. Within that, the work of the Holy Spirit must provide the need to change and the strength to change.

You think I am defending sin. Not at ball.

It is the Job of the Holy Spirit to convict and judge. My job is to proclaim and set the example. “Teaching them to....”

This issue is important because most posts on this thread have revealed hearts that are inconsistent with the teaching of Scriptures, and more, the character of believers who are supposedly leaders in assemblies should display.

Rather than bringing teaching and discipleship there was rebuke and stone throwing. A bunch of Pharisees pouncing, demanding, declaring judgment and demanding punishment.

These who should have been at the forefront of bringing Godly suggestions and Scripture principles in which the person of the OP could reveal and grow in the truth, there was rebuke and shaming, even shunning.

3. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, I wasn't quoting John 8.

Really? Because you sure sound like you are.

And here you go off the rails again as if suggesting that they repent and turn from their sin is not a godly suggestion.

4. Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another Scripture to consider:

From the precious Geneva Bible, chapter 21 in the Book of Job

5. Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just did, and did not see any mention of that particular verse.
    Please explain.

6. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never said they shouldn’t “repent and turn from the sin.”

But there is a chasm between demand and suggestion.

Almost daily, as I encounter folks and spend time teaching them, they ask, “what should I do.”

What I don’t expect is them to take me as the one telling them to “sin no more.”

1) that isn’t my responsibility. I am to “teach them all things...”

2) the Holy Spirit using the word can separate the “soulishness” from the spirit, the structure from the marrow (living), clean the mind, heart (desires) and bring healing. I am to “teach them all things ...”

If they ask pertaining to salvation, I follow what Paul did when the jailer ask.

If they ask pertaining to other decisions and discussions, I direct them to the Scriptures and work of the Holy Spirit.

There have been a few times when I was ask to go stand with a person as they felt impressed by the Holy Spirit and the authority of Scriptures to confess to the assembly, to the authorities, to their family,....

7. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.