1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Administration's COVID Test Deserves Blame for Lengthy Return to Normalcy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah you're definitely not the running type. But he is, apparently. The irony is, I was talking about media and democrats, not him. At least he could have waited for legit reason to run.

At any rate, maybe it's better. The guy took just about everything I said wrong.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Containment how? If 50% to 75% of the people exposed have mild or no symptoms, how do you track it? Some of the experts are saying exposure may be 10 to 20 times higher than now reported. The only “containment” would have been mandatory stay at home orders for every person.

Other nations haven’t politicized the whole process. They aren’t trying to test everyone, only the ones sick enough to seek a doctors care.

Most countries aren’t obsessed with assigning “Covid death” to every person that dies from preexisting conditions complicated by Covid.

The containment strategy has been to focus on protecting those most at risk, folks over 60 with pre-existing conditions. The masks and social distancing has been left up to state governorships, as it should be.

I’m not convinced the bungled CDC effort on the tests made a major difference in the amount of deaths we have seen.

peace to you

3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    America will be destroyed by the anti-Christ and those who follow him. The “fools” are those that think this fate can be avoided.

Those who are resting in God’s peace and looking forward to the hope found in Christ’s resurrection will not be part of the crowd that destroys America.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're not trying to test everyone either. The point is when we started having the breakout we didn't have a test so we couldn't do contact tracing. If we had a test we could have tested people that came in contact with the first couple dozen people sick with Covid and perhaps contained it.

While we're on the subject, please tell us the testing protocols for Germany? For Canada? Denmark?

Naturally, you have links that will spell out other nation's criteria for classifying a death as a Covid death.

My contention was that the bungled testing process is to blame for a lengthy return to normalcy. That the bungled tests caused more widespread economic shutdowns than might have been necessary. That other nations have recovered more quickly than we did because they had better testing processes.

I don't think I said anything about the amount of deaths other than mentioning death rates of the US compared to countries like Brazil, Ecuador, Bolivia, Mexico.

#104 InTheLight, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    The “return to normalcy” has become political. Just saw reports that gyms in California still cannot open, but the gyms available in state office buildings are open for state employees.

We may never know how much of economic damage has been done by dem run states that would rather their citizens suffer than show economy recovering just prior to election.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1