1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Administration's COVID Test Deserves Blame for Lengthy Return to Normalcy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I might would address the fallaciousness of your reasoning but I'm figuring you've got enough on your mind to deal with.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ben, I was in ER all last night. I’m tired. We are blessed that they moved quickly to eradicate kidney failure. With that said I stand on both my past experiences with this guy and in his performance presently. I detest him as a human being but I understand your position. Just note that I’m not a left winger... rather I’m a capitalist and my words are always tempered by achieving maximum profits. If trump can make that happen from now to November then I will be pleased. He recently bought a pizza from my cousin in Scranton ... but then so did Hilary Clinton buy one at my other cousin years ago. You know we Italians are all related. Especially in that town.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure but recognize that it’s a sinful world that will not be satisfied with a probity stance. Even Jesus was tempted. So you can speak to the entire world and just be ignored.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s just inaccurate to say he “blindly” follows their advice. POT:S understands the need and role of government agencies. He gets a variety of opinions and then makes the decision.

The “experts” thought it unnecessary to restrict flights from Ch:na and Europe. POT:S made the decision against their advice.

Now the experts realize POT:S was right and estimate that one decision saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

Peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Coronavirus: German company developed 1.4m tests in six weeks while US production stalled
    Government was slow to work with private companies on making tests, even as its efforts were shown to be failing

March 17, 2020
    When Olfert Landt heard about the coronavirus, he got busy.

The founder of a small Berlin-based company, the ponytailed 54-year-old first raced to help German researchers come up with a diagnostic test and then spurred his company to produce more than 1.4 million tests for the World Health Organisation (WHO) by the end of February.

“My wife and I have been working 16 hours a day, seven days a week, ever since,” said Mr Landt by phone about 1am on Friday, Berlin time. “Our days are full.”

By contrast, over the same critical period, US efforts to distribute tests ground nearly to a halt, and the country’s inability to produce them left public health officials with limited means to determine where and how fast the virus was spreading. From mid-January until 28 February, fewer than 4,000 tests from the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) were used out of more 160,000 produced.
    German company developed 1.4m coronavirus tests while US production stalled?

Key Missteps at the CDC Have Set Back Its Ability to Detect the Potential Spread of Coronavirus
    The CDC designed a flawed test for COVID-19, then took weeks to figure out a fix so state and local labs could use it.

Feb 28, 2020
    As the highly infectious coronavirus jumped from China to country after country in January and February, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lost valuable weeks that could have been used to track its possible spread in the United States because it insisted upon devising its own test.

The federal agency shunned the World Health Organization test guidelines used by other countries and set out to create a more complicated test of its own that could identify a range of similar viruses. But when it was sent to labs across the country in the first week of February, it didn’t work as expected. The CDC test correctly identified COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. But in all but a handful of state labs, it falsely flagged the presence of the other viruses in harmless samples.

Key Missteps at the CDC Have Set Back Its Ability to Detect the Potential Spread of Coronavirus — ProPublica

I'm interested in facts, not accusations of TDS. Deal with the facts, don't attack me and try to dismiss facts as propaganda.

6. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can ignore all calls to seek peace. But you don’t speak for the world.

And even if ever other person on the planet stood up and shook their fists at God and said “There can be no peace!”, I’m still going to follow scripture and pray....

peace to you

7. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. Speaking of looks, I'm calling you on this one. You have an obvious and stated personal vendetta against Trump, to which you constantly express extreme loyalty, to the point you embrace and promote the worst of your "excreted" politicians. If you think that ultra-TDS politics looks good on you, you are sadly, badly deceived. Perhaps it's time you go "look in the mirror" for a change. Just sayin'. :Whistling

8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Over and over you keep spouting this utter nonsense. The Dems have been working savagely to sabotage the Trump administration and this country and blame it all on Trump ever since Trump was the Republican nominee. To say the Dems now deserve to run and further ruin the country is pure insanity, which TDS seems to emulate.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t want the peace you espouse. It is false.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump doesn’t control the country....grow up, your about to loose and your going to have to deal with it and all the fear freaks that espouse your trumpian nonsense.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you I despise the guy and I have a list Of greviences, a long list. Trump land does not factor into my life but he does yours and all fear freaks who need, want and desire status quo to be at peace... where there can be no peace. It is you my friend who needs to take a look in the mirror and let me help you. Imagine all your worst nightmares come true... what are you going to do? That is after you wet the bed and soil yourself. Can’t deal with it can you? Well grow up butter cup, because unless I miss my guess, your going to loose... deal with that man in the mirror.

#71 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of your projecting and assuming and hating and detesting is keeping you from good judgment. And you obviously missed my allusion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Missing much more than the allusion.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Buddy, you are delusional to think you have anything but faulty rubbish judgement. Of course that’s yours to have to deal with so don’t put your victim world view on me... I refuse to be influenced by your trite rhetoric. And I don’t respond to sentimental and fearful undertones which you adhere to. A truest strong man is never those things. He never considers others. He never fights for others like you trumpian types do. He fights only for himself. All the rest is weakness.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL... not much of an intellectual are you. Since you haven’t studied Jeremiah and attempted even read his commentary, how do you square that with your faith teaching?

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never stated that I haven’t studied Jeremiah. I said I didn’t even have to look up Jeremiah 6 to understand the context.

And if your version of being an “intellectual” causes you to wallow in hatred, name calling, and continuous denial of scripture, I’ll let you have your version of being an “intellectual”.

peace to you

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    quite the contrary, it’s probably you who wallows in hatred and your remarks prove it. I do see however that you are an idealist and you see that idealism is for those who cannot come to terms with reality ie the world as it is. The sooner that you can come to terms with it, the sooner you will find that inner nirvana you so desperately want... to thine own self be true

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The United States badly bungled coronavirus testing—but things may soon improve

February 28, 2020
    Speed is critical in the response to COVID-19. So why has the United States been so slow in its attempt to develop reliable diagnostic tests and use them widely?

The World Health Organization (WHO) has shipped testing kits to 57 countries. China had five commercial tests on the market 1 month ago and can now do up to 1.6 million tests a week; South Korea has tested 65,000 people so far. The U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in contrast, has done only 459 tests since the epidemic began. The rollout of a CDC-designed test kit to state and local labs has become a fiasco because it contained a faulty reagent. Labs around the country eager to test more suspected cases—and test them faster—have been unable to do so. No commercial or state labs have the approval to use their own tests.

In what is already an infamous snafu, CDC initially refused a request to test a patient in Northern California who turned out to be the first probable COVID19 case without known links to an infected person.

The United States badly bungled coronavirus testing—but things may soon improve

Why the CDC botched its coronavirus testing

March 5, 2020
    Few health institutions around the world are as renowned as the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Which makes it all the more baffling that the CDC could have fumbled the rollout of coronavirus diagnostic tests throughout the country so badly. While other countries have been able to run millions of tests, the CDC has tested only 1,235 patients. Speed is of the essence when dealing with an epidemic early, and the CDC’s mistakes are already proving costly to tracking the outbreak in the US.
    Why the CDC botched its coronavirus testing

#78 InTheLight, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finally... thanks for that information!

20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pity you. A Christian without peace or hope is a most pitiful creature.

I see quite clearly. I see the world as it is. It is God that gives me hope. It is Holy Spirit that gives me peace.

If you have no peace or hope.... well, as I said, I pity you.

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1