1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Administration's COVID Test Deserves Blame for Lengthy Return to Normalcy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Sep 3, 2020.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that the US suffered partly due to lack of testing, which I lay at the feet of the very suspect FDA and CDC, the latter not even wanting to do extensive testing in any case, which I found outlandish. With not enough kits, however, it may have just been a “don’t need masks” scenario.

We know Communist China was producing defective testing kits, and were already too suspect, so that route was no good. Not sure of the results for testing from the WHO, but they are equally suspect, being puppets of Communist China and helping them unleash the virus on the world. Who actually developed and manufactured the WHO kits?

In any case, the FDA does not generally merely adopt from outside sources, do they? What would be the length of time to test and approve? It could have been a plan B in case of bungling, but it still would not have happened right away. Should a president just “go against the science” and overrule them?

That we have so much of our medical outsourced to an enemy is ludicrous, yet here we are. Not allowing more development within the country was also suspect, again due to protocols unrelated to the president.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The CDC bungled the COVID testing launch. Like it or not Trump is the chief executive of the CDC. This was a screw-up. The blame can't be shifted, he's responsible. (I can only imagine the screeching here if this happened during Obama's era.)

This can be rationalized into the next decade, the fact is Trump was President when it happened.

Has anybody been fired over this? Reprimanded? I haven't heard of any repercussions.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doubt mistakes were made at CDC in developing a test for Covid. It has been corrected. That’s what leaders do.

I believe the focus on production of PPE, medical equipment, treatments for those very ill and development of the vaccine is far more important than counting how many people have been exposed.

Do you give POT:S credit for focusing on those areas, even though his CDC failed on the initial roll out of the test?

peace to you

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t want or need or require your pity. I actually consider people like you foolish for all your naive approach to life. In the future America will be ruled — and ultimately destroyed—by fools.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my oh my oh my... I almost spit out my tea. Thank God for paper towels:Laugh

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Mistakes were made."

This was not some Education Department curriculum roll out or an EPA water purity test kit that had flaws. This was a nationwide response to a deadly pandemic. Stop trivializing what happened.

Again, was anyone fired over this? Any reprimands given? Demotions handed out?

No. No. No. If we had an accurate test early on, we could have isolated the small number of carriers more effectively and perhaps avoided stay-at-home orders in many, if not most of the states that had to institute such orders. An effective, accurate test early on would have led to a containment strategy rather than a shut down the economy strategy.

The vaccine effort has been nicely handled. I give the President props for that effort.

7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are over estimating what a test would have accomplished. It is a cold virus. Millions of people deal with colds every week. Many/most of the people exposed to this virus exhibited no symptoms or very mild symptoms.

All tests would have had to be voluntarily sought out by those who felt slightly ill, or not ill at all. Unless you wanted a nation wide mandatory testing for every single person, which would have been a snap shot in time.

I guess mandatory testing for every person in the country every two weeks might have accomplished what you expect.

Thanks for giving POT:S credit where it is due.

peace to you

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too big to fail

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An accurate test early on may have enabled a containment strategy, not a shut down the economy strategy.

We are lagging behind most western nations in recovering from COVID. Our death rate is one of the highest in the world. Other nations were faster to test. That is the main difference between our response to COVID and their response. Another difference is the wearing of masks requirements.

10. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks to media and democrats.

HCQ use was associated with a 30% lower risk of death in COVID-19 hospitalized patients.

TDS in regard to HCQ and our outlandish ways of counting deaths. I'm just surprised you're falling for this.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not falling for anything with regards to HCQ. I don't have TDS. Stop attacking me and engage the argument instead.

I presume the counting of deaths uses the same criteria in all countries, therefore comparing the death rates from one country to another is valid.

HCQ is a treatment for COVID that helps certain people recover faster. It is not a preventative measure, nor a cure.

12. Calminian

Site Supporter

I did not say you had TDS. I said TDS in media and the democrats caused thousand of deaths? Are you media? Are you a democrat?

Kinda funny how you attributed that to yourself. Hmmmm.

13. Calminian

Site Supporter

Like I said. I'm surprised you're falling for this.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if you want to argue semantics, here you are...

You said:
    TDS in regard to HCQ and our outlandish ways of counting deaths. I'm just surprised you're falling for this.

Notice there is no specification as to what I'm falling for. I'm either falling for TDS in regard to HCQ, or I'm falling for outlandish ways of counting deaths, or both.

Anyway, I'm not going to let you make this thread about me, so unless you have anything constructive to say about the Trump administrations handling of Covid testing I won't be responding to you.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's nothing to "fall for". If all nations use the same criteria, the death rates are directly comparable across nations.

The US death rate per 1 million people is 585. That is comparable with countries like Italy, Sweden, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Mexico.

16. Calminian

Site Supporter

You misquoted. I said,

Thanks to media and democrats.

link

TDS in regard to HCQ and our outlandish ways of counting deaths. I'm just surprised you're falling for this.​

TDS has lead to the HCQ fiasco and the crazy way we count deaths.

Are you in charge of HCQ decisions and counting deaths? You're reading into things, rather than just reading.

#96 Calminian, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ignored.

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

Like i said, surprised you're falling for this.

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

runs and hides. typical.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What!?! Run from you??? :Laugh

It’s more like, “I couldn’t be bothered.” :Rolleyes

• Like Like x 1