UK Police Hunt Down Citizens for Speaking Out Against Grooming Gangs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thatbrian, Mar 14, 2018.

1. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like where you're going with this

2. Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but you are quite obviously fine with a "holy book" that says the kill the infidels if they refuse to be converted.

This whole thing is so preposterous that it's hard not to say the brits deserve the deaths they are going to face, and have faced. Why do you want everyone except mizzlumms arrested for inciting death?

3. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad you answered while capturing a screen shot before the edit. Amusing & telling. Bless their heart. The animus must be hard to contain.

4. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At one point, the law criminalized such speech, as shouting fire in a crowded theatre, but since 1969 for speech to break the law, it can’t merely lead others to dangerous situations, it must directly encourage others to commit specific criminal actions of their own. US law. Not UK law.
    I have no idea what the UK is thinking or doing these days. I’m not sure they do either.

5. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hahaha! Is this a tongue in cheek about the edits?

6. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because of course the Bible contains no such verses inciting violence if read literally, does it? You 'fine' with that?

Yes, you are being preposterous
    I thought you were OK with people inciting death, 1st Amendment and all that. It's us Brits who are the fascists arresting people for inciting violence, apparently. I think you're getting a bit confused.

7. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trouble is, we value the right to life above the right to say what you want. Sorry about that

8. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your abortion policy in the UK? Not saying ours is anything but abysmal, just want to know how yours stacks up with your right to life statement.

9. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

On abortion we're no better or worse than you, sadly. But at least on the incitement front, we have it right.

10. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Shocking. Is preaching the gospel so enraging to Muslims that it should be a crime?

11. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of that means you can relate to being black. It's like saying I have a black friend. I was a Marine btw, so the whole I served my country thing only goes so far....

My whole point was lost on you. Stop acting as if you're some plantation master for minorities, as if we can not answer for ourselves. If an actual minority is offended by something please let us say so, I don't need white people saying what's offensive for us.

12. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It isn't. Just don't be an obnoxious jerk when you're doing it like call for Muslims to be killed. How difficult is that?

13. Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And it does not authorize violence to further the gospel. It did to the Israelites taking the retaining the land, even to the point of genocide. Have you ever told God he was wrong there?

I am for equal treatment of differing beliefs. Meaning it is absolutely preposterous to arrest anyone for inciting violence against those whose beliefs incite violence. Both or none.

14. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

They are not calling for them to be killed...that a lie. They are merely saying that this is what Islam is, rape and hate. They are being arrested for stuff as mundane as saying they should be kicked out.

15. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK-this is a first, replying to my own answer?! I was talking about the screen shot in his post that read:
    ‘Here’s a thought for your little head (now edited): They probably know a lot more about the situation than you do.
    And your stupid (now edited) soyboys comment tells everyone that you are listening to the wrong people.’

16. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trouble is, neither the Breitbart article referenced in the OP nor any other articles I've tried to track down tell us what the individuals who were warned about their comments (no-one has been arrested BTW, that much I can tell you) actually said. I'm therefore not able to tell you whether their remarks were offensive but legal, or offensive and illegal. Unless you have access to sites I don't, you don't know what they said either

17. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No I don't need to because, although your interpretation of the OT genocide (not 'merely' violence and murder but actual chuffing genocide, the sort of stuff that Hitler and the Rwandans got off on) has justified violence by Christians in the past, mine does not.

And when you can show that their sacred texts can justify and are responsible for violence more than ours, get back to me

18. Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I addressed your mean-spirited post in the way it deserved. It was ignored as completely unchristian and not in keeping with the scriptures.

You don't know me, you assume things that are all wrong. There is a difference between saying "I have a black friend" trying to demonstrate some kind of statement about not being a racist, but an 18 year marriage and two children demonstrates exactly what I believe. Ever lived in a housing project? I have.

19. thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's my thread.

20. ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

You're trying way to hard...we get it you're not a racist. ;|