Under Grace or Under Law?...Round 3

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by D28guy, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Claudia_T New Member

to be truly honest your "concern" would be more believable if it were directed at some of the others as well on here who say truly mean and derogatory things to other people. But it seems to me like you are purposely picking on Diggin for a reason, probably since he doesnt have the same theology you do.

2. EdSutton New Member

Uh-outta' curiosity, is/was the dog any worse than than another's carniverous bird of prey? What about your own avatar? What exactly is it supposed to be? Can I consider it evil, as well?

FTR, as my wife :love2: happens to be a professional grade photographer, the "red eyes" are an unretouched result of the flash of the camera, due to the refraction of the lens, and reflection of light off the retina in the eyes. The dog does not understand to look anywhere but directly at the camera, hence the "red eyes". And I have had more than one dog that would carry anything I gave them around, including a hypodermic needle that I use to vaccinate my cats, dogs, and cows, as a farmer, or unfortunately probably too soon, myself if my diabetes gets a great deal worse.

Have you bothered to consider any of this, prior to my bringing it up? rbell may or may not be showing his maturity, but that picture he posted has nothing to do with that aspect. I'm absolutely certain that there is not one word in Scripture about photographs. I am not for or opposed, but do not have the expertise to post some avatar, and don't feel it necessary, for that matter.

DHK rightly admonised you, IMO. Perhaps I can now join someone's "blacklist" as well. I have answered "Diggin'" in a couple of posts. Anything I wrote was theological, not intended to be personal. If it was, it was unintended, and I apologize. I had decided I was through with posting on this thread, and was merely going to read, before this post appeared. But my opinion of this quoted post is someone needs to "get a life".

Well said.

Ed

3. Diggin in da Word New Member

Claudia,

It is ok. I expect it. Jesus said in His Word that I would be accused falsely for His sake.

I am disappointed in DHK as much as he attacks me for pointing out errors though. He is a moderator, and is allowing others to attack me with no reprimand. Why?? because he, like them believes that God will overlook sin in the life of one claiming to be of Christ. Therefore, it is ok for him to attack me with no reprecussions. And it is ok for D28, rbell, and others to attack me without fear of scolding by DHK.

I understand.

4. Claudia_T New Member

Ed speaking of photos, didnt you say you had a beard and sunglasses? I know you dont wear the sunglasses all the time but you ought to stick a photo of yourself up there...

or at least a photo of something or other

5. Diggin in da Word New Member

Those who think they can walk contrary to God's Word do need to "get a life"

6. Claudia_T New Member

well when I see rbells doggie there with that syringe I think, wow I better be careful he might give me a lethal injection if I disagree with him (just kidding)

7. EdSutton New Member

I wear sunglasses outside as a farmer, to prevent more eye-damage, as a diabetic, from the UV rays of the sun. As to my own likeness, picture Jim or SFIC wearing a baseball cap. That would be close. Again, I don't have the expertise to get an avatar on the computer, as I have said more than once. My lovely and talented wife :love2: has to fix it each and everytime I break it, and I have managed that, including blowing up a circuit one time, more than once. :type: :tonofbricks: :eek:

Ed

8. Claudia_T New Member

ok its just that I noticed when I am scrolling up and down sometimes I pass by your posts because my eye doesnt catch a "picture" there ... you know what I mean? It makes it easier to identify posts...

9. Brother Bob New Member

Yea, so we have something to shoot paperwads at.

10. D28guy New Member

I cant put an avatar in mine cause I have a new computer. All the photos of me, my dog, my guitars and dobros, etc were in the old computer, and I cant get this new computer to recognise my printer to re-scan.

And they arent on disc because I dont fool with those disc things. Dont know how they work nor care to. :laugh:

Eventually I'l put my ugly mug up somewhere!

Mike

11. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Instead of throwing insults around (that includes everyone) why not get back to the topic.
    Diggin, you have failed to answer this post.
    Are you better than Paul, who said he was the chief of sinners?
    You claim that you don't sin? In the light of this Scripture how do you reconcile that?

12. D28guy New Member

Wait a minute. I have some stuff at photobucket.com :thumbs:

Let me see what I can do...

Mike

13. Claudia_T New Member

Hey yeah Mike, you dont have any sort of photo either...

14. EdSutton New Member

{thunk!} :laugh: :laugh:

One of your best posts ever! :tongue3: :applause:

Ed

15. Diggin in da Word New Member

I am no better than the next guy. When we come to thr realization though, that when we sin, we are the servants of sin (God's Word states this). If one breaks the commandments, (you, me, or anyone else) the Word declares that the truth (Jesus is the Truth, is He not) is not in us.

Let me ask you something, DHK...

Since Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us, and His Word also declares that one who does not keep the commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him, How can a person have Christ while breaking the commandments too.

Looks like if the true child of God always has Christ in Him and Christ will never leave him, then the true child of God will not break the commandments, else Christ would have to deny His word and leave him.

Seems the two verses would contradict each other.

16. EdSutton New Member

I'm neither "Diggin'", nor am I 'digging', but if Paul "am chief" of sinners, (He did not say he 'was or used to be chief') wouldn't it follow that no one else can make that claim, and in the 'human sense' all are 'better' than Paul? The real issue is that none are "better than" Christ, who, as I read Scripture, was the only one without sin. How do any of us match up to that, might be the question.

And for that matter don't I recall both Romans and I John saying something to the effect that all (mankind) have sinned and all do sin?

Or am I being too simple, by taking the Bible for what it in fact says?

Ed

17. Diggin in da Word New Member

Ed,

YOu must be wrong. After all, I am wrong for taking the Bible for what it in fact says.

18. Claudia_T New Member

ok why are one of you simple for taking the Bible for what it says and the other one of you is wrong for taking the Bible for what it says?

19. Claudia_T New Member

only joking you dont really have to answer that

20. D28guy New Member