Unfulfilled Christian predictions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. HumbleJoe2888 New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you. I believe Edward Irving started out as a Presbyterian but then faltered.... if you believe what David Carrico said. I don't think Carrico is a true Christian, but he probably is right about that. I thought that Edward Irving influenced J. Nelson Darby, from what I heard from Carrico. I stopped sending money to Carrico's "ministry" after bad things happened to me.

3. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a listener to Family Radio when Harold Camping came out with his prediction and book about 1994? in which he predicted Christ's second coming in that year. I was not listening when he switched his prediction to 2011.

4. HumbleJoe2888 New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I used to like Family Radio also. In my state we have, WMCA 570 AM. They have all the big names as well as unknown ministries. As for David Carrico, I found his channel on Brighteon, and don't know what to think of him. He never predicted anything. People who heard Camping in his 2011 prediction, spent their savings buying advertisements next to highways. Also, does anyone remember the whole Y2K fiasco? People mentioned back then that Jesus would come, and some disappointed people in Korea committed suicide.

5. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hal Lindsey predicted Christ would return in 1988, and that the 'the rapture' would occur seven years before that.

It's odd, I was totally captivated with 'The Late Great Planet Earth' when it first came out, now I consider it as sensationalist garbage and Lindsey a charlatan that made merchandise of the flock