1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unlimited Atonement

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Pastor_Bob, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe?

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe.

3. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scripture cannot go against scripture; so when I read this below:

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day

Then we must be reading those verses in Revelation wrong.

In Strong's Concordance on what looks like the two Greek words that "not" was derived from in Revelation 3:5 is a double negative. That means Christ Jesus would never do that to any unrepentant believer that did not heed the warning or exhortation.

Also, all the verses that starts with "He that overcometh," I am led to believe that "He" is Jesus Christ in what He will do for that believer that did not heed His warning or exhortation, depending to which church the believer finds himself as identified with, then that is what Jesus Christ as the Overcomer, will do for that unrepentant believer. If you look at all the verses at the end of each church's addresses in Revelation 2nd and 3rd chapters, the rewards are not for the chosen living in the city of God, but for those saints that got left behind and resurrected after the great tribulation when Christ has already returned to earth.

So a believer's name cannot be blotted out of the Book of life, but his part can be taken away out of the Book of life which is what? The believer's part is his place in the city of God. That means saved believers that are found in iniquity or do the sin of that verse, risk having their inheritance in the city of God taken away and that means he can be left behind at the rapture.

Hence the call to every believer, and even former believers still with His seal to depart from iniquity to avoid being disqualified in becoming castaways only to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House after the great tribulation.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

We can trust Jesus Christ in being faithful in keeping the souls of His unrepentant saints left behind.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL who are saved will go in the rapture, as their obedience refers to their eternal rewards, not to their eternal state!
    As tehm miossing the Rapture seems to be the heresy Millinual Exclusion, which is a bannable offense!

5. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would prefer to go with what scripture actually says than on what Calvin has expounded upon.

1 Timothy 4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. 10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 11 These things command and teach.

That verse from your OP has designated how that unlimited atonement given to all was applied; especially to those that believe.

It says right in that same verse. Those who do not believe, it is written that they are condemned already, so unlimited atonement has not been applied yet to those that do not believe in Him.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus cannot be the SDavior is the exact same sense for both the lost and the saved!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excuse me? That was not in the rules that I had read when joining the forum. Was that in tiny print somewhere?

And scripture plainly warns the consequence to one church in Revelation for not repenting of their fornication.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

Now how am I reading His words wrong? The consequence for not repenting is being left behind into the bed of the coming great tribulation. There are plenty of other warnings given by Jesus to believers to be ready.

So it stands to reasons that there has to be consequences for not heeding His call to be ready, now is there?

8. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I wasn't saying that. I applied His words that His atonement can save everybody but it only applies to those that believes in Him.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The theology is Millimium Exclusion, and is something not to be expounded upon here.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God only intended it to save his own Elect!

11. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please post link to said rule, and it better explain what that "Millennium Exclusion" means because getting ready for the pre great trib rapture has nothing to do with excluding any believer from the millennium. Maybe you are misreading what I am posting about.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just wanted to alert you to that was not allowed here. If you are saying a really saved personmisses thre Rapture, then they will miss the millinium, as not resurrected, correct?

13. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am trying to understand what you are saying, but I will explain what I believe.

There is a rapture BEFORE the great tribulation. After the great tribulation, and after the world's armies has been defeated and Satan thrown in the pit for a thousand years, then those unrepentant saints & former believers left behind and new saints that have been killed during the great tribulation will be resurrected to serve the King of kings from all over the world in the millennium reign in raising up the coming generations in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. That is why they are not living in the city of God, but representing the city of God as they reign with Christ as kings and priests from their places all over the world.

The pre great rapture saints will be living in the city of God. They will be like the angels that never die; That means they do not need to eat from the tree of life, but those coming out of the great tribulation do.

So no believer is excluded from the millennium reign of Christ so I do not see how that can apply to whatever Millennium Exclusion means. Never heard of it until today.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you do divide Christians, the faithful to be in Heaven andthose others who missed rapture here upon the earth forever,. correct?

15. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not believing in some premillennial escapist rapture has nothing to do with advocating the doctrines of Millennial Exclusion. I don 't think he even knows what you are talking about, you either for that matter. ;)

16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't try to deflect by changing the subject. You have yet to answer the question which you falsely claimed was a strawman.

Except the one you falsely claim to be a strawman.

To you any question you can't honestly answer is a strawman.

When you can't answer a question, and your claim of "strawman" is not working, just launch a personal attack. Works every time.

And another personal attack in case the first one didn't work.

And yet another personal attack when the first two didn't work. Yes, when I ask you a question you are ill equipped to answer just call it "bullying." Works every time.

John 1:29 The next day, he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

No universal atonement there. Just Jesus telling the Jews that salvation was not just for them but for all the world's people, just as he said in Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    Romans 5:6 For while we were yet weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

No universal atonement there.

Romans 5:8 But God commends his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

No universal atonement there.
    1 Timothy 4:10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we have set our trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

No universal atonement there. He is savior of all men whether they believe it or not, but especially (in a special way) for believers.
    Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

No universal atonement there. Unless you are claiming universalism? He brings salvation to all the world of mankind whether they believe it or not, not to just the Jews.
    Hebrews 2:9 But we see him who has been made a little lower than the angels, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God he should taste of death for everyone.

No universal atonement there. Just that His death brings blessings, but not salvation, to everyone. Unless, of course, of course, you are claiming universalism
    1 John 2:2 And he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.

No universal atonement there. Just a promise that His atoning sacrifice was not just for us (Jews) but for the whole world, people from every kindred, tongue, and nation.
    I don't worship John Calvin, and neither should you.

And once again, Bob, you display a failure to understand the difference between atonement and expiation. Two very different subjects.

If my telling you the truth and believing the bible, offends you, by all means report it.

But that is exactly what you said. If you misspoke, fine, I will accept that, but it is what you said. The blood atonement was NOT the blood atonement!
    And once again the personal attack when you can't counter the valid points I made.

I never said it was not offered by Christ to God for our benefit. But nice try at obfuscation.

So everybody will have his sins atoned for and thus everybody is going to heaven?

If that is not what you believe explain how a person whose sins have been atoned for can ever go to hell? (And "strawman" is not a valid answer.)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The verse says" overcometh the world... will not be blotted out." A believers name will not be blotted out. One who rejects, whose name was in the Book WILL be blotted out. It is as it says BOOK of LIFE not a list of redeemed.
    It will be the almost same when all is finished. Those who reject will be removed.

18. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scripture has Jesus dividing Christians at the church at Thyatira in Revelation if they do not repent. Didn't Revelation just proved that to you? I had asked you how was I reading that wrong?

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

Look at this warning given to believers;

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Those that did not heed His warnings were cut off to have their portions with unbelievers ( hence their part taken away from living in the city of God In Heaven, BUT they were still called His servants as they shall receive stripes per the knowledge for not preparing themselves.

Remember this judgment from Jesus?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Any iniquity that a believer has not repented of that is still on that foundation is the same thing as denying Him.

Titus 1:6 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

That is why the call to depart from iniquity is being given even to former believers because they still have His seal if they wish to be received as a vessel unto honor in His House when the Bridegroom comes at the pre great trib rapture event, otherwise:

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.........18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

That is why God is coming to judge His House first as the Bridegroom and then later on He will judge the world as King of kings.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romasn 8:31-39 states that ALL who are saved period will go in the Rapture, or else be resurrected unto glorification at second coming event, correct? God does not have hte super siants get raised now, and the normal ones get it later?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps i am indeed ignorant to what that really means, please teach me on this, as I only heard Charles Stanley ever teach on it nefore!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.